CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
henmania
ACPhilson
gamecockgal
Polls (3803)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3766)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2142)
ST coach fired this (2092)
SEC East Race as of (1707)
Let's talk about Mat (1312)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1104)
Hardest Schedule (1101)
"Next week....& (674)
USC -6 vs. Mizzou
Gameday Sign Ideas
Dylan Thompson's passing
D line pressure
ST coach fired this week
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Upgraded/Premium Seating?
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Winston
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #14401
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Rivals 100 Released

this isn't a good year for us in the top 100..we have 1, Clemson 3, and a&m has 5..
Old 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #14402
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Sawyer is into the top 100 at 87th. I want to say Crosby and Davidson dropped out of the top 100, but I am not sure. We are in it with Prince, and he is a 5-star and rated 20th overall. I think Samuel and Allen-Williams will be in the top 250 released tomorrow along with Smith and a few others.

~Dan Gable
Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #14403
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Arthur Williams - Florida State

Williams is claiming an offer now from USC & is scheduled to visit 01/31. We are also still recruiting Ford so anybody who thought we didn't need DT's, were already loaded there, blah, blah, blah. Our coaching staff apparently feels very different. You have to take these guys when they're available. They're damn hard to find.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #14404
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Supposedly UGA is well aware BAW is not flipping, they are just making in-roads on his younger brother who favors UGA
Exactly
Old 01-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #14405
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Williams is claiming an offer now from USC & is scheduled to visit 01/31. We are also still recruiting Ford so anybody who thought we didn't need DT's, were already loaded there, blah, blah, blah. Our coaching staff apparently feels very different. You have to take these guys when they're available. They're damn hard to find.
I dont think it says we need any DT's more as in they are going to take any good player they can get

Old 01-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #14406
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Plenty of good receivers out there but I love that we're moving in this direction. It's the right move imo.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #14407
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Default Re: Recruiting Weekend Thread

Insiders just put out an article & they matched my predictions 100%. Now I'm worried. I may go editing crazy jk

Wideman...USC
Green......USC
Prince.......MD
Scott.......UT
Lammons....USC
Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #14408
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Casey Gladney - Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
So back to Gladney... has anyone heard anything further about his interest in us or our interest in him? Is he solid to Cincy?
If at any point before NSD, we firm up an offer, he is ours. It may be one of those last minute deals where we give him a LOI on NSD - depending on our available spots left.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #14409
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

So we push and he's ours? That simple?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #14410
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

It appears that way. The chance to return home and play at USC >>>>> Playing at Cinci but until there is a firm offer on the table, he remains a Cinci commit.

I am assuming that his transcripts have been checked out this late in the process and the only real hold up with a legit spot in this class is how the rest of the recruiting board plays out.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #14411
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

Quote:
Insiders just put out an article & they matched my predictions 100%. Now I'm worried. I may go editing crazy jk

Wideman...USC
Green......USC
Prince.......MD
Scott.......UT
Lammons....USC
3/5 is a solid and reasonable haul.

We'll know on Scott soon enough in which case he picks UTk, we'll have no trouble filling his spot.

I am being cautious with Wideman and Green though because of their pending visits before NSD.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #14412
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Dude is quiet. Hard to tell what he's thinking.
Hard to figure, for sure. Shiznit...
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #14413
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoach View Post
Sawyer is into the top 100 at 87th. I want to say Crosby and Davidson dropped out of the top 100, but I am not sure. We are in it with Prince, and he is a 5-star and rated 20th overall. I think Samuel and Allen-Williams will be in the top 250 released tomorrow along with Smith and a few others.
What I have never understood about these rankings, is how can a guy like Crosby who is one of the top 5 TE's in the nation not garner a top 100 ranking?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #14414
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

I
Quote:
Be fun to come back & read this thread after Feb 5th. Whoever gets all 5 right should be crowned Cockytalk recruiting guru of the year.
I love this idea.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #14415
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
3/5 is a solid and reasonable haul.

We'll know on Scott soon enough in which case he picks UTk, we'll have no trouble filling his spot.

I am being cautious with Wideman and Green though because of their pending visits before NSD.
I'd be tickled to death to finish like that. I get what you mean with Green & Wideman. My confidence level for Green is only slightly above 50%. For no valid reason I can come up with, other than distance, I just feel good about Wideman.

The only area we look to come up a little short is OT, 1 RB would have been nice but not critical. That's pretty damn good considering we had some massive holes to fill.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #14416
smtrgmcock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1200
smtrgmcock is sharpening his clawssmtrgmcock is sharpening his clawssmtrgmcock is sharpening his clawssmtrgmcock is sharpening his claws
Send a message via AIM to smtrgmcock

If signing day were today, in order of certainty:

Lammons:USC
Wideman: USC
Prince:Maryland
Green: USC
Scott:UT

academics are going to hit this class hard
Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #14417
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

last in wins..sales 101..
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #14418
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Lammons: Gamecock
Wideman: Gamecock
Prince: Gamecock
Green: Gamecock
Scott: Vol
Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #14419
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

The DB who was committed to Indiana who we at one time considering is off ten USC board. That means Lammons or Green is a silent.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #14420
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Has set up an official and said a commitment to us is possible if everything goes well... that's a Change