CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
B-G
doubledribble
JaxcockFL
crowcutta
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
Franks boy's are pla (1652)
Has the window close (974)
Bruce!!! (818)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (717)
Kentucky is dominati (649)
Question for those w (578)
UFC Fight Night 58: (379)
It's that time of ye (216)
This one gets better (166)
Going to the Duck Bo (154)
official UFC thread. (new
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Streaming nfl games
SOLID OAK ENTERTAINMENT C
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
My early Monday dinner .
Going to the Duck Bowl?
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #21
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Sidney Rice . . .

So what I was basically saying is that Rice doesn't represent USC as much as Alshon does. Then I get crucified for saying something that doesn't go over well with people who do not like to hear the truth.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #22
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I'm still caught up over..."I'll be back next year"...."...just kiddin"

meh.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #23
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
So what I was basically saying is that Rice doesn't represent USC as much as Alshon does. Then I get crucified for saying something that doesn't go over well with people who do not like to hear the truth.
You said that Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.
Quote:
Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.
Where is the truth in that? There is none, because that is an opinion based comment. Honestly, what should he do? What does Alshon Jeffery do that he doesn't?

Aside saying "University of South Carolina" on player introductions, what do they do differently where Alshon represents this University better?
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #24
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Alshon always says South Carolina. He might have even dropped the five bomb, according to my husband. Alshon is a very humble guy.
I wish Sidney would heal. He is also a beautiful receiver to watch. I can't pull for Seattle even though we have ex players there. Go Broncos.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
You said that Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.

Where is the truth in that??

You just quoted the truth in it.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #26
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You just quoted the truth in it.

That's all I see...
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #27
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Sometimes truth is a matter of opinion.

I'm not going to get into a pointless argument with you and kill the thread.

Put your egotistical pride aside for one day and allow people to have opinions that don't reflect your own.

The OP started with a great question, let's let it get back to that.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #28
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Put your egotistical pride aside for one day and allow people to have opinions that don't reflect your own.

The day you stop posting ignorant bullshit based on your unjustified opinion is the day the I stop referencing your post. You say Alshon Jeffery better represents South Carolina, than Sidney Rice. I ask you how, and you simply say that your opinion is right.

And getting back to the OP's question? It has been answered. There is nothing more to say about the OP's question. He asked if Sidney Rice was the only former Gamecock with a chance of a Super Bowl, it has been answered. There is no more discussion on that matter.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #29
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Quote:

You sir are a moron.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #30
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default Is Sidney Rice . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
The day you stop posting ignorant bullshit based on your unjustified opinion is the day the I stop referencing your post. You say Alshon Jeffery better represents South Carolina, than Sidney Rice. I ask you how, and you simply say that your opinion is right.

Unjustified opinion, what makes your opinion justified? Exactly!!

Check both of their Instagram. You have one player with multiple photos representing USC. You have another player with only ONE out of hundreds of photos.

Check Twitter, go ahead. You'll see who gives the most props to USC.

Check interviews or pro game player previews. You'll see who mentions USC the most.

Or better yet, look at how many times AJ has returned to USC vs. Rice.

I'm not bashing Rice, He was one of my favorites to cheer for. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he recovers soon. All I did was state who I've seen repressing USC more.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #31
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Unjustified opinion, what makes your opinion justified? Exactly!!

Now, what makes AJ better represent USC than S.Rice?

Check both of their Instagram. You have one player with multiple photos representing USC. You have another player with only ONE out of hundreds of photos.

Check Twitter, go ahead. You'll see who gives the most props to USC.

Check interviews or pro game player previews. You'll see who mentions USC the most.

Or better yet, look at how many times AJ has returned to USC vs. Rice.

I'm not bashing Rice, He was one of my favorites to cheer for. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he recovers soon. All I did was state who I've seen repressing USC more.

My post are justified because I give my reasoning 100% of the time when making a opinionated post. That's how my opinion is justified. I don't just run around posting on CockyTalk opinion and proclaiming it to be fact like you do.

And you wouldn't think that Alshon may represent USC better on Social Media because he has a father and brother that work/play at this University and he's only 2 years removed, would you? Nah, never...

Sidney Rice left after the 2006 season. THAT WAS 8 SEASONS AGO. Of course there is a little bit of a difference in the way they represent this University on Social Media. That doesn't mean one is doing it better than the other! I guess John Abraham doesn't represent this University well either.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #32
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default Is Sidney Rice . . .

Majority of the post on here are opinionated, it's a message board! Unless somebody post an article of some sort.

How long he's been gone from USC is not an excuse. How long ago has it been since Big George, Steve Taneyhill, Duce Staley and others were here?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #33
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Maybe Rice read one of these messege boards on the wrong day.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #34
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

To the above posting, Alshon Jeffery does represent South Carolina, the University of South Carolina more so than Sidney Rice does. It neither takes away from or adds to what either have done for our university. Alshon Jeffery still, has represented the University of South Carolina more than any receiver I have yet to see lately in the NFL.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
BS.

He's always talking up the Gamecocks on twitter.

Some people are unjustifiably butthurt over any player who references their high school during player introductions on televised NFL games.
It's widely known he did not like Spurrier, didn't want to play for him, and bolted ASAP. He tried to talk Shaq D. Into playing out of state. Said Spurrier would never be satisfied with his play.....

Clem5-0n Class:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertime86 View Post
I don't see the problem. Ole Glass Knees hasn't done anything of note lately, and he NEVER did anything against CLEMSON!
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #36
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
It's widely known he did not like Spurrier, didn't want to play for him, and bolted ASAP. He tried to talk Shaq D. Into playing out of state. Said Spurrier would never be satisfied with his play.....
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #37
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Um, so 3 players for the Seahawks, none for the Bronco's, got it . . . . .

Go'maha Broncos!

And much love to all former Gamecocks, regardless of the way they left and what they do now!
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #38
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
SR is the man. What he did as a gamecock player is what counts. His into pales in comparasion to his gamecock career. Some posters get their panties in a wad over such stupid issues.
Amen!!! LolWe all are passionate and love our Gamecocks. We are all in this together.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #39
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.

Alshon is the man though..
Pts ! That is all !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #40
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

Since you had to PM me about all these "facts" that are in the thread, I decided to come have a look. Nope, still no facts, just assumptions and broad generalizations - or "opinions". No hardcore facts. No quotes from Sidney Rice, nothing...just opinions and assumptions.

Buy a dictionary, you could use it. There are differences in facts, truth, assumption, opinions, etc. etc.