CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (32739)
Gameday in Columbia (1755)
ECU is a good team (1454)
Why we'll dominate C (1231)
Spurrier was Embaras (1077)
Is it possible for o (1053)
Spurrier not happy s (1031)
Alabama vs Florida. (1014)
Lammons out (977)
ECU is a good team (974)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Is it possible for our Sp
More David Williams Pleas
Glad We Won
Spurrier was Embarassed
Best and worst of the gam
2016 - Jamie Skalski
ECU
Spurrier not happy so why
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #41
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ronnie Martin, father to be.

doesn't all this qualify as player bashing?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #42
impirius
Galactic Overlord

Male

CockyCash: 500
impirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot material

I tried to go to a football forum but ended up at the most gossipy table in the nursing home.

If you can't say anything nice, at least pretend to have a little human decency and refrain from posting instead of passing judgment on a couple of young people you barely know anything about.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #43
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I don't think it's fair for any of us to criticize Ronnie since none of us know his situation in it's entirety. I just hope for the child's sake that everything works out for all of them.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #44
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think it's fair for any of us to criticize Ronnie since none of us know his situation in it's entirety. I just hope for the child's sake that everything works out for all of them.
Well said. Who knows...perhaps he and the mother were already engaged to be married.

At least he's taking responsibility for the child instead of too many today who are simply fathering children with any and every woman out there and not stepping up to the plate at all.

Let's all pray that he'll be wonderful father to this child.

(I wonder...where was the complete disdain some have shown here toward Ronnie for SG given he fathered a child so young as well?)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #45
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons

Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #46
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Prayers to you and your family Ronnie. May you be the best father you cant be! We support you!

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #47
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 0
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVPcock View Post
Tailfeathers, you don't know Ronnie, you don't know ANYTHING about the young man, and yet you feel qualified to judge? If it was an accident, so what? At least he's excited about being a dad! Best thing to do when you don't know someone's situation is to SHUT YOUR EFFING MOUTH.
Exactly! I've known him for awhile, attended many a worship service and bible study with him. I have no doubts on his ability to be a good provider and father.

I have a confession everyone! I committed the abominable act of fathering a child while jobless! How dare I? 23 years old, no job, and I irresponsibly brought a child into this world.

But, but... Surely that child isn't properly taken care of, loved, and provided for right? WRONG!

Got a good job. Got a house and 6 acres, bought and paid for. Got a car, bought and paid for, along with my wife's car. My daughter is well fed and well dressed, and loved tremendously.

By the way, Jades' daddy never applied nor received welfare/government benefits, so rest easy fellow taxpayers!

/rantover
Old 01-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #48
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

You know what CC Whitlock calls somebody with one child??

A virgin.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #49
Cockier than thou
Walk On

Male

Cockier than thou is sharpening his clawsCockier than thou is sharpening his clawsCockier than thou is sharpening his clawsCockier than thou is sharpening his claws

I read two posts; one about Sidney not being a loyal Gamecock because of a pre recorded video of him not mentioning us before a game and then this one bashing Martin for becoming a father.

What is wrong with some of you? Stop trolling against our own players.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #50
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockier than thou View Post
I read two posts; one about Sidney not being a loyal Gamecock because of a pre recorded video of him not mentioning us before a game and then this one bashing Martin for becoming a father.

What is wrong with some of you? Stop trolling against our own players.

AMEN
Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #51
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Wtf is wrong with you people?
Tell me what is wrong with my post please...I didn't degrade him, I didn't say he was a bad person, at this time in his life though, unmarried and without a job, it probably is a foolish thing. I never said it might not wind up to be great for the guy, but the timing of this is not great, neither was Garcias, who missed 4 years of his sons life. Yet we sit here upset at family structures and so many kids without two parents, sadly it happens in situations like this, everything might turn out great, but rarely. I would never want the kid to be at a disadvantage in life more so than the parent, it isn't fair.

for willy
Old 01-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #52
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Well said. Who knows...perhaps he and the mother were already engaged to be married.

At least he's taking responsibility for the child instead of too many today who are simply fathering children with any and every woman out there and not stepping up to the plate at all.

Let's all pray that he'll be wonderful father to this child.

(I wonder...where was the complete disdain some have shown here toward Ronnie for SG given he fathered a child so young as well?)
Lots of people criticized Garcia for that.

for willy
Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #53
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
You know what CC Whitlock calls somebody with one child??

A virgin.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #54
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post

The views expressed in this post are not the actual views of GH
GH, I just spit my Red Bull all over my monitor !!! lmao
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #55
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Tell me what is wrong with my post please...I didn't degrade him, I didn't say he was a bad person, at this time in his life though, unmarried and without a job, it probably is a foolish thing. I never said it might not wind up to be great for the guy, but the timing of this is not great, neither was Garcias, who missed 4 years of his sons life. Yet we sit here upset at family structures and so many kids without two parents, sadly it happens in situations like this, everything might turn out great, but rarely. I would never want the kid to be at a disadvantage in life more so than the parent, it isn't fair.
Just take his word for it.

Shaq Attack
Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #56
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Just take his word for it.
So the timing of this is good...okay, explain to me how. This isn't like the other poster on here who had a kid young and could devote time, this is a student athlete who has to put in time for the team, and school, and now a kid.

for willy
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #57
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lots of people criticized Garcia for that.
I don't recall criticism for his being a father in college, but moreso, for his shenanigans setting a bad example for his child, which I myself brought up a few times.

The fact remains Ronnie is not the first of our athletes to have a child while in school, nor will he be the last (see Garcia, BJ McKie as examples). As I said before, at least he is stepping up to the plate and appears to be determined to be a positive influence in the child's life, as opposed to too many of the "fathers" in society today.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #58
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
So the timing of this is good...okay, explain to me how. This isn't like the other poster on here who had a kid young and could devote time, this is a student athlete who has to put in time for the team, and school, and now a kid.
How is that any different than a parent who has to devote time to his/her job, some still in school, and also a kid? All parents have issues that they have to deal with that could potentially take away time from their child. Balancing everything is part of being a parent.

Instead of constantly looking for ways that he can fail, why not try to lift him up with support and positive reinforcement?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #59
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
How is that any different than a parent who has to devote time to his/her job, some still in school, and also a kid? All parents have issues that they have to deal with that could potentially take away time from their child. Balancing everything is part of being a parent.

Instead of constantly looking for ways that he can fail, why not try to lift him up with support and positive reinforcement?
I am not going to judge anyone as we are told in the good book not to. So don't. I will say I hope Ronnie comes out ready to play and is focused on and off the field. We need him and I still believe in his abilities.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #60
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I hate to derail this poignantly significant thread...but how is Mr. Martin's hamstring/leg?
Closed Thread