CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1177)
My predictions for 2 (1066)
Elcid99 (923)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (858)
Tennessee (787)
Question on Student (522)
Erin Murray's brothe (504)
Clowney in Practice (463)
Camp scheduled relea (375)
Bad movies that are (226)
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Green and Lammons
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Tennessee
Elcid99
John Abraham DUI
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Question on Student Secti
FIFA 14 on PS3

Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #21
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock for life? Spurrier’s new contract offers him that option

It's safe to say that when he rides off into the sunset, He'll make sure he leaves us with a good successor.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Had and ole fella down in Sun City tell me that I'd better enjoy the ride while we can, cause when SOS hangs it up, we'd be going back to the same old SC. I kinda chuckled but in all honesty, I wanted to tell him that he might not be alive to see that day, and he was probably 70 at most.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #23
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
I was with you until the spur, it will always be the cockpit, that is so logical
Cockpit hasn't caught on and won't ever be used in a commercial or official way.

The Spur could
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #24
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Had and ole fella down in Sun City tell me that I'd better enjoy the ride while we can, cause when SOS hangs it up, we'd be going back to the same old SC. I kinda chuckled but in all honesty, I wanted to tell him that he might not be alive to see that day, and he was probably 70 at most.
Yeah, I just shake my head when people outside of Gamecock Family speak like that. They obviously don't understand the love and respect we have for Spurrier and what he's done for our great school. What these outsiders don't realize is we want Spurrier here, win or lose, bc we appreciate him. Unlike Florida who forgot who raised them to such great heights. They bitched and moaned at the end of his tenure there and flat out disrespected him after he returned from his stint with the Redskins. Can you imagine how much that must have stung a man with his type of honor and compassion? Florida did us a HUGE favor by acting the way they did, but we won't ever act as classless as Florida bc we truly value the HBC.
Anyone that gives as altruistically as he does just wants to be appreciated for it. He knows we appreciate him, he won't just "up and walk out on the school" as these outsiders are suggesting. Spurrier plans to set us up right once he steps down as HC. We WANT his input as to who comes next, which is why the administration made sure to draft that clause in his newest contract to show him that he is and forever will be part of the Gamecock Family.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
The Spurriers are good people. We are so fortunate to have them and I'm so glad Steve has found his goove here.
I'm happy when others are happy.
Steve never lost his groove. He just brought it here. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have turned any program around no matter where he went... I'm just glad he chose The USC.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #26
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Heard that on the news this morning and thought it was a nice clause to put
in his contract. I think "Gamecock For Life" is a nice way to word it, but he's
basically agreed to be "An Ambassador" for the team and school and continue
to help plug the program when he gets the opportunity to speak publicly about
football, and his career. .... The thing I'm not sure about is: Was this done
for Coach Holtz when he left ? Lou has continued to talk up USC and the
football program since he joined the ESPN staff, and only talks highly of the
program and school too. IMO, he may have had the same clause in his contract
when he left. Either way, it'll be nice knowing we have two MAJOR coaching
giants out there talking about South Carolina and Gamecock football for
a long time after they've retired.

Some of that is just Lou...He speaks highly of his time in Columbia, Notre Dame, NC State, but rarely talks about Arky and Minnesota. He's a good guy, although he does have marbles in his mouth.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #27
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
"70", at most? Glad you said it that way...I can deal with you younger ones calling us old, but 70 is the new 40 with 30 years more knowledge and experience...

I've heard that stuff too, but my response is "based on what secret do you have? It certainly isn't gonna come from Dabo"!!!!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #28
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly

[quote=highstick;4064347]"70", at most? Glad you said it that way...I can deal with you younger ones calling us old, but 70 is the new 40 with 30 years more knowledge and experience...

I've heard that stuff too, but my response is "based on what secret do you have? It certainly isn't gonna come from Dabo"!!!![/QUOTE]

Best news I've heard this week is that Dabo is gonna be around for another 8 years. Can we do 13 and 0? :-)
Old 01-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #29
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Cockpit hasn't caught on and won't ever be used in a commercial or official way.

The Spur could
I've always called it the Cockpit. But the negative connotation is still there, and PC always seems to trump logic these days.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote