CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
The Yancey
COCKYTALKIN
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
donbgamecock
CoverTwo
Rooster'srule
Spur's Addiction
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (821)
Jay Paterno Attempts (730)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (442)
Hercules - review (349)
help with army insig (326)
I'm a grand godfathe (190)
NCAA Football 15 (165)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (126)
Gamecock Coaches as (126)
George Miller revisi (112)
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 Commitment - Damon A
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Texags
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs TxA&
Not a Rival..
Good Article for those co
2015 - Zack Bailey

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 03:34 AM   #14521
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Rivals Adam Friedman spoke with DP tonight and it sounds like he won't have the opportunity to start which is hurting South Carolina's chances. LSU is making a big move for him with their new OL coach. He said of the 3 OV's he's been on, it was 3rd best. Wow.....I don't know what to say.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #14522
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I do, at least according to Rivals:

2007: (1) 5*, (14) 4* - average star rating: 3.42 (currently the highest final average ever by Rivals)

2009: (0) 5*, (14) 4* - average star rating: 3.34

The 2007 class had 3 2*-rated players which drove down the ASR: one of those was Pat DiMarco. The 2009 class had 4 2*-rated players, but 2 of those were Justice Cunningham and Rok Watkins. All 3 are now in the NFL.

The 2014 class already has the highest ASR of any USC class Rivals has rated, at 3.53. ANY additions remaining would only increase that average...
The 2014 class would have an average 3.69....better than either of those other classes.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:32 AM   #14523
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

If a big requirement for him is that he can start immediately as a true freshman, than we may be in trouble. But UF is in same boat as us: Robinson will be a Sr. and Shell IMO will be a major candidate to bolt for the NFL after next season as a 4-yr. Jr.. We have nothing established behind either - both Matulis and Gibson have starting experience, but they both have started more as final resorts than actually beating anybody out, and Matulis has had a career full of injuries. Actually Gibson will be a senior also next yr., so both of them could be gone, anyways...

Florida is the same: due to injury issues this season, they return a veteran OL for 2014 full of Srs. and Jrs.. Their projected starters for OT next season will be Sr. Chaz Green who has started 19 games, and Sr. Trenton Brown who started half the season last season. They will also have Jr. DJ Humphries who was the primary LT and started the 1st 6 gms before being injured and lost for the season. He has 9 career starts. Also incoming 4* David Sharpe is almost as highly rated as Prince and will definitely be in the mix for the 2-deep.

So while 2015 looks good for both USC and UF as far as competition for starting time, next season will be tougher for Prince to earn a spot right off the bat. Perhaps MD has some depth issues with their OL that looks more enticing for Prince....

Actually just checked MD's depth chart...they started a So. and RS-Fr. all 13 gms this past season at both tackle spots. Perhaps an incoming freshman as talented as Prince could jump one of those two and take a starting spot of his own, but that's what he'll have to do as they aren't going anywhere soon. Between the 3 teams, MD's incumbent tackles are the youngest....

Last edited by ConwayGamecock; 01-21-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #14524
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Rivals Adam Friedman spoke with DP tonight and it sounds like he won't have the opportunity to start which is hurting South Carolina's chances. LSU is making a big move for him with their new OL coach. He said of the 3 OV's he's been on, it was 3rd best. Wow.....I don't know what to say.
Which is saying we were the worst. I'm starting to think he's heading to Maryland. I hope he likes those noon games on the ACC network.

We may need to push for a JUCO OT next recruiting cycle.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #14525
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

If his OV to Maryland didn't go too well, how was his visit here the third best? Maybe the source that TBS mentioned was right, but it's also fair to assume Prince isn't lying.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #14526
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
If his OV to Maryland didn't go too well, how was his visit here the third best? Maybe the source that TBS mentioned was right, but it's also fair to assume Prince isn't lying.
Did he say our visit was 3rd best, or some other visit was 3rd best? Didn't know for sure because it was ambiguous.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #14527
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Prince is a true toss up in my mind. I have no idea what to think on him. If he wants to start day 1, then we can point to our track record of playing the best player. But we aren't desperate for a tackle this year, so maybe he doesn't see it the same way.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #14528
davisd9
4-Star

Male

davisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talonsdavisd9 has developed his gaff and talons

Some people like to hold their cards tight to their chest.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #14529
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Which is saying we were the worst. I'm starting to think he's heading to Maryland. I hope he likes those noon games on the ACC network.

We may need to push for a JUCO OT next recruiting cycle.
Big 10 network.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #14530
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Casey Gladney - Cincinnati

I guess we offered him when he came out of hs, and he chose bama instead correct?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #14531
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

wheres the video of the post visit interview?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #14532
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Big 10 network.
Or noon games on ESPN2 between like Maryland and Indiana where that horrible female announcer calls games... I can't stand her.

I think Heather Dinich is her name..
Old 01-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #14533
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrell Scott

This one is gonna be a nail biter. The comfortable comment about South Carolina below is pretty telling to me.

Quote:
“Tennessee with coach Butch Jones and (running backs) coach (Robert) Gillespie are coming Wednesday,” Scott said. “Coach Steve Spurrier is coming on Thursday with (defensive line) coach (Deke) Adams and (running backs) coach (Everett) Sands. Florida I think is coming on Friday. I know (defensive line) coach (Brad) Lawing is coming but I’m not sure if the head coach is coming or not yet.”

“South Carolina and Tennessee have recruited me the longest and hardest so they are on top,” Scott said. “Florida is number three. But I just got home and still need to think about it and talk about it with my dad.”

South Carolina - “I know them well and they offered me after my sophomore year. I’m comfortable with everyone there and all of the people there.”

Tennessee - “They really picked up under the new staff. I’m close to the staff. I really like coach Butch Jones and coach Gillespie. I feel like I can play early wherever I go.”

Scott will announce his college choice next Monday at 3:15 p.m. at Havelock High School.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #14534
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

he wants early PT and for the coaching staff to tell him that he will get it. We won't and can't offer that. He will not be a part of this class.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #14535
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
he wants early PT and for the coaching staff to tell him that he will get it. We won't and can't offer that. He will not be a part of this class.
Seems that is the case. I think what we can offer and have proven to be true over the years is that if you are good enough to beat the other guy, you will play. How a player thinks that's a bad thing is beyond me. That is exactly what they should want, a fair shot at playing if you are the best but an expectation that everyone on the team earns what they get.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #14536
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Self-selection of internally motivated kids at work, imo.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #14537
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

he'd get early pt for an ot. he would probably start as a rs freshmen
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #14538
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

he wants to play as a true freshman
Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #14539
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I just don't see how we can promise a starting spot to a True Freshman OL. Not playing in the SEC. And not with our current depth chart. Robinson and Shell have earned their stripes, this kid needs to earn his.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #14540
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrell Scott

I really think the relationship with Paroah Cooper will be the difference
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Closed Thread