CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
markp_vip
So Disappointed With (3244)
No Comments on the H (1174)
Call of Duty: Advanc (343)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (272)
Freshman ND WR " (234)
Vote For Cocky (156)
Things They Should H (144)
Keeping tailgate foo (126)
Good Riddance to bad (108)
An A to Z of Noah We (57)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
BAW
Who start on the d line t
Texas athletic director:
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
No Comments on the Holes?
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material
Default Frank Martin apologizes to Brenton Williams

I didn't see or hear this but thought I would share

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gamecoc...56--ncaab.html
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: Frank Martin apologizes to Brenton Williams

I want to see said tirade.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
InGarciaWeTrust
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100500
InGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPitInGarciaWeTrust rules the CockPit

Ya anyone have a video?
InGarciaWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

I originally thought he was talking about at the end when he got on him , but this says it happened in the first half so I have no idea when .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'ma tell you what..............this kind of thing is what makes him awesome, and could also be his downfall. Frank has got to temper himself and pick his spots. Question is.......can his players handle it, can "our" program handle it, and will Ray stand behind him. I'm dead serious about this.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

It was on tv here in Florida, and part of it was caught on camera. A lot of F bombs being dropped. I did not realize it was directed at one player, thought he was talking to the whole team. I don't remember exactly when it was, but he lit into him directly after calling time out early in the first half.

This is exactly the type of thing that will hurt him in recruiting. Any recruit can see how Martin reacted to a player, but does not see how they are in practice, or how much he cares about his kids.

I think he is a good coach, but unless he has some success, he could lose players fast.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

He's like a modern day Bob Knight.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
He's like a modern day Bob Knight.
Yep, and how did that go?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Yep, and how did that go?
Knight led his teams to three NCAA championships, one National Invitation Tournament (NIT) championship, and 11 Big Ten Conference championships.
15 Sweet Sixteen appearances.
8 Elite Eight appearances.
5 Final Four appearances.

Bob Knight's all time coaching record is 902-371.
His 902 wins in NCAA Division I men's college basketball games is third all-time.
Knight is the youngest coach to reach 200.
Texas Tech's participation in the 2007 NCAA Tournament gave Knight more NCAA Tournaments appearances than any other coach.
He is the only coach to win the NCAA, the NIT, an Olympic Gold medal, and a Pan American Games Gold medal.
He was named the National Coach of the Year four times (1975, 1976, 1987, 1989) and Big Ten Coach of the Year eight times.
In 1975 he was a unanimous selection as National Coach of the Year, an honor he was accorded again in 1976 by Associated Press, United Press International, and Basketball Weekly.
In 1987 he was the first person to be honored with the Naismith Coach of the Year Award.
In 1989 he garnered National Coach of the Year honors by the AP, UPI, and the United States Basketball Writers Association.
Knight was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1991.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

It tuff love... Players know that going in... IJS
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
It tuff love... Players know that going in... IJS
what U-Dub said... the issue won't be if the players can handle it, it's if Carolina can. This guy loves his players, I think that is very obvious when you hear him talk, and what he says outside of 40 mins of game time, and his history with his players. Honestly, so he yelled at the guy and dropped some F-bombs... I heard worse in my days of HS football.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
Knight led his teams to three NCAA championships, one National Invitation Tournament (NIT) championship, and 11 Big Ten Conference championships.
15 Sweet Sixteen appearances.
8 Elite Eight appearances.
5 Final Four appearances.

Bob Knight's all time coaching record is 902-371.
His 902 wins in NCAA Division I men's college basketball games is third all-time.
Knight is the youngest coach to reach 200.
Texas Tech's participation in the 2007 NCAA Tournament gave Knight more NCAA Tournaments appearances than any other coach.
He is the only coach to win the NCAA, the NIT, an Olympic Gold medal, and a Pan American Games Gold medal.
He was named the National Coach of the Year four times (1975, 1976, 1987, 1989) and Big Ten Coach of the Year eight times.
In 1975 he was a unanimous selection as National Coach of the Year, an honor he was accorded again in 1976 by Associated Press, United Press International, and Basketball Weekly.
In 1987 he was the first person to be honored with the Naismith Coach of the Year Award.
In 1989 he garnered National Coach of the Year honors by the AP, UPI, and the United States Basketball Writers Association.
Knight was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1991.
I was actually being sarcastic lol.. I know he is one of the greatest College Coaches of all time.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #13
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I was actually being sarcastic lol.. I know he is one of the greatest College Coaches of all time.
Wasn't anything against you. Was just putting it out there
Old 01-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #14
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
what U-Dub said... the issue won't be if the players can handle it, it's if Carolina can. This guy loves his players, I think that is very obvious when you hear him talk, and what he says outside of 40 mins of game time, and his history with his players. Honestly, so he yelled at the guy and dropped some F-bombs... I heard worse in my days of HS football.
I heard worse in my days of my dad coaching me in little league...seriously.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #15
SPURprise
Walk On

Male

SPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervous

Frank Martin misses so many plays and wastes valuable time during timeouts berating his players.

Specifically - during the timeout before the last play of the Ole Miss game - he was busy yelling at Williams instead of focusing on the right play to call to get off a decent shot.

If you remember... Thornwell went away from the basket instead of towards it on that last play.

Just calling it how I see it.
SPURprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #16
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
Frank Martin misses so many plays and wastes valuable time during timeouts berating his players.

Specifically - during the timeout before the last play of the Ole Miss game - he was busy yelling at Williams instead of focusing on the right play to call to get off a decent shot.

If you remember... Thornwell went away from the basket instead of towards it on that last play.

Just calling it how I see it.
Sometimes I would agree, but not in that particular case . There was an official timeout to check the monitor , then Frank called two timeouts after that , plenty of time for instruction .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #17
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Players know what they are getting when they sign up..my only issue is his language and demeanor during games..there is no place for that behavior in front of fans. there are children sitting there. Berate them at halftime or postgame..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #18
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

He was man enough to admit publicly he was wrong and apologized to Brenton and the fans that heard him.

No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Let the man do it his way and learn as he goes along. He took on a monumental task at USC and he's doing his best.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #19
SPURprise
Walk On

Male

SPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervousSPURprise is making other chickens nervous

I went back to see if I could hear exactly what the mics picked up during the Ole Miss game... you could clearly hear Martin yelling, "You suck mother f-er, you're a f-ing mama's boy." The cameras were on him for that moment, but he continued dropping f-bombs when they rolled film of a highlight.

Are we proud of this as Gamecock fans? I think it is disgraceful. If I'm a recruit, I would never want to play for him.

No doubt he does great things off the court and is involved in the Columbia community, but he has to tone it down.

It comes to a point where the behavior is just plain abusive.

With so many young guys on the basketball team this year, time will tell if they decide to transfer. Don't be surprised if many of them do.
SPURprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #20
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
I went back to see if I could hear exactly what the mics picked up during the Ole Miss game... you could clearly hear Martin yelling, "You suck mother f-er, you're a f-ing mama's boy." The cameras were on him for that moment, but he continued dropping f-bombs when they rolled film of a highlight.

Are we proud of this as Gamecock fans? I think it is disgraceful. If I'm a recruit, I would never want to play for him.

No doubt he does great things off the court and is involved in the Columbia community, but he has to tone it down.

It comes to a point where the behavior is just plain abusive.

With so many young guys on the basketball team this year, time will tell if they decide to transfer. Don't be surprised if many of them do.
What was the time on the clock? I wanna watch this for myself.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote