CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Jdallen20
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
Blackland
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (14260)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1831)
Simple "yes&quo (1383)
Phil Steele just pre (1081)
Garcia: Change the R (647)
TeMarcus Blanton (642)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (302)
Anybody just have th (296)
Wallpaper & Back (255)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
Anybody just have that &q
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #14701
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Bo Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I was just browsing the intewebz and noticed that he has two predictions to clemson in a row on 247... Wasn't he gonna grey shirt for USC?
yes......I think Clemson is offering him a preferred walk on which means he may never get a scholly from them. I believe his brother played for them. If he had just accepted the gray shirt from us, SOS would never have gone after the QB from Florida, and he would have been part of the 2015 class.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:17 AM   #14702
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Rivals 100 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
Many 4 and 5 Star recruits on our past rosters are nowhere to be found in the NFL.
name the 5* recruits that played for us.....
Old 01-22-2014, 03:27 AM   #14703
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

Hurley, Culliver, Lattimore, and Clowney?

~Dan Gable
Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #14704
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Bo Baldwin

Thanks fellas.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #14705
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
Many 4 and 5 Star recruits on our past rosters are nowhere to be found in the NFL.

Many many many more 2 and 3 stars on our past rosters are nowhere to be found in the NFL.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #14706
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Why no Juco CB's?

Smith seemed to do okay when he was out there at CB, he got a few snaps too, IIRC
Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #14707
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

We are fine at CB in my opinion because of this incoming class.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #14708
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Just a guess, but maybe they feel good about their position with the remaining CB targets.
So you're saying the coaches feel good about starting true freshmen? And I think Ali Groves and Ronnie Martin coming off injuries. So we have one cb with game experience?

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #14709
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post

Would you like me to repeat the question?

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #14710
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Poona Ford vs Dexter Wideman

Poona..not even close. Wideman is going juco..how exactly does that help us in 14 or 15?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #14711
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
So you're saying the coaches feel good about starting true freshmen? And I think Ali Groves and Ronnie Martin coming off injuries. So we have one cb with game experience?
I think he meant that the coaches feel good about landing the remaining prospects of Green and Lammons which is why the coaches have no need to pursue/offer a JUCO CB or any other CB.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #14712
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I think the OP has a legit question. I would feel better about our CB situation with an experienced JUCO guy in here. As opposed to just Rico as the only guy with a handful of snaps.

I think Rico and Jamari can hold it down. The staff is really high on those 2. Unfortunate thing is our 2 deep will likely have atleast 1 true freshman in it.

Really will help to land Smith, Lammons and Green for depth and the future.

Smalls needs to redshirt for his injury and Harris needs a year to get older and bigger
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #14713
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb
Default Re: Poona Ford vs Dexter Wideman

well he is not going juco so guess thats your answer
Old 01-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #14714
ramcock
Recruit

Male

ramcock has hatched from the shell

In just 30 seconds of using simple logic i think back to our two best freshman this past year. S. Moore and P Cooper... Both 4 stars.

Then I think back to the previous class, hmmm mike Davis is a stud. Shaq Roland is a stud.... Oh yeah both were 4 stars.

What about the previous class? Hmmm clowney (5*) quarrels (4*) Byrd (4*) b. Williams (4*) shell (4*) Hampton (4*)..... Oh all of these are IMPACT players. All are 4 and 5 star players....

Do 2 and 3 star players matter? Of course! But our success was built with the bricks of 4/5 star players. 2/3 star players are simply the mortar to the bricks.

Bottom line, we develop and recruit 2/3 stars better than almost anyone. But he didn't win3 straight 11 win seasons without an increase in 4/5 star players.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #14715
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoach View Post
Hurley, Culliver, Lattimore, and Clowney?
3 of 4 in the NFL then?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #14716
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

This is a case in point in withholding judgement on an 18 year old kid trying to make an important decision. He has the right to make it himself without the judgers on this boards input. Neither you or I have contributed anything to his upbringing so let the family decide this since they have contributed. If anything, this is a case in point about not making knee jerk posts about a kid because things in recruiting can turn quickly and this one is not over. Hopefully, he will turn our way. Once again, it is his decision on his own schedule and I don't view him as a drama queen rather a confused young man trying to sort things out. Fine by me.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #14717
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
This is a case in point in withholding judgement on an 18 year old kid trying to make an important decision. He has the right to make it himself without the judgers on this boards input. Neither you or I have contributed anything to his upbringing so let the family decide this since they have contributed. If anything, this is a case in point about not making knee jerk posts about a kid because things in recruiting can turn quickly and this one is not over. Hopefully, he will turn our way. Once again, it is his decision on his own schedule and I don't view him as a drama queen rather a confused young man trying to sort things out. Fine by me.
Had that been the case throughout his recruitment I doubt many would complain. Most have had a problem with a Carolina hater with a tater agenda. Most have wanted nothing more than he and his family make the best decision for themselves.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #14718
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Stars View Post

As of 1/16/2014.
Oddly enough, this is the only thing keeping me interested in this recruitment of Prince.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #14719
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

I remember Smith snagging a few interceptions during practice at CB. I thought he was doing pretty well there before they switched him back to offense. Also isn't there some talk of Brison Williams to corner? This will put Gurley and Elder back at safety.

~Dan Gable
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #14720
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark 14m Alright, this Poona Ford situation has officially gone cuckoo

(in$ider,mobile): http://mobile.rivals.com/board_posts.asp?SID=1017&mid=197363769&fid=1824&ti d=197363769&Team=&TeamId=&SiteId= …
Closed Thread