CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
ertman420
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
spareparts
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
2 Crazy things
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta
2015 - Davon Durant
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs

Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #61
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Early SEC Football Predictions for 2014 (Athlon Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Can someone explain to me why most years the "brains" think UGA can reload and be right back at the top? Yes Mason got 2 starts but he looked GAWD AWFUL
Because until we quit letting them back into an SEC East Title they will continue to pick UGA. I agree that Mason is at best a 3rd string QB on our roster, nothing more. They will be greatly disappointed when UGA goes 6-6 next year.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #62
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Mangus would strongly disagree with your opinion -- he felt Barker was the best QB prospect in the entire nation. I think the kid will have a good career, but he probably won't start as a true freshman, and he'll never be able to elevate that program to anything better than 6 or 7 win status at best. It'll be like when Jay Cutler was playing for Vanderbilt (his talent was evident...but the team around him was weak sauce).
Not to knock Magnus, but McEvoy and Zeke Pike, mainly pike agree with me when it comes to nky qbs. Let me put it to you this way. When schools like barkers come across the river they get destroyed. He maybe good, but I see him as a bust.

And Eric you are kidding about mason and Thompson right? Thompson beat clem5on at clem5on.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #63
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Because until we quit letting them back into an SEC East Title they will continue to pick UGA. I agree that Mason is at best a 3rd string QB on our roster, nothing more. They will be greatly disappointed when UGA goes 6-6 next year.

he aint gotta be nothing special to hand the ball off. he'll be just fine.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #64
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
last time UGA won the east you finished third in the division. that was hardly letting them back into it when you clearly had more problems somewhere else.

they were also winning east and conference titles long before you became a contender in the division, so I'm not real sure that you should title your team as the "gate keeper" for the division.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #65
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
last time UGA won the east you finished third in the division. that was hardly letting them back into it when you clearly had more problems somewhere else.

they were also winning east and conference titles long before you became a contender in the division, so I'm not real sure that you should title your team as the "gate keeper" for the division.
I expect that from an LSU fan but not a Bulldawg. Talk to me when your relevant.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #66
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
I expect that from an LSU fan but not a Bulldawg. Talk to me when your relevant.

what is the criteria for relevant in your opinion?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #67
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Gamecock in TX has hatched from the shell

Quote:
he aint gotta be nothing special to hand the ball off. he'll be just fine.
You saw what happened when both Florida and Wisconsin became one dimensional against us with the run. You're not going to be able to win like that, especially in Columbia with a starting safety sitting out.

Yes, your defense was young, but it did not get better during the season as it should've. With a new DC and system to learn, you better hope something good happens in the offseason. If you're giving up chunks of yards and points, you won't be able to score if teams know you can't throw the ball and can stack the box.

6-2 will win the East in a tiebreaker, and having UGA and Mizzou at home gives us a huge advantage.
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #68
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
what is the criteria for relevant in your opinion?
Top 10. Top 5.. or the Top 25 LOL
Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #69
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
Top 10. Top 5.. or the Top 25 LOL

can you explain how something non relevant scored 41 points on a day where relevance only scored 30?

anyway, I can see the east going a few different ways depending on who recovers better from losing some key players, injuries, or improvment in general.

Last edited by uga dawg; 01-22-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 AM   #70
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

September is going to be a busy month for us.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #71
Thenardier
Starter

Male

Thenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPitThenardier rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
You saw what happened when both Florida and Wisconsin became one dimensional against us with the run. You're not going to be able to win like that, especially in Columbia with a starting safety sitting out.
If I recall correctly, they did very well with the run against you.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #72
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
They did, but they lost, which the goal of every game is scoring the most points, not putting up big stats. And in both cased halftime adjustments were made the bottled up the running games pretty much.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #73
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

9-3 may win the division next year. If anybody goes 10-2 it's theirs.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #74
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Gamecock in TX has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
They did initially, until we realized they both were not going to throw the football. I think FL had something like 25 rushing yards in the entire 2nd half. And when Wisconsin showed no threat of throwing, we stacked the box and ended up making a few plays which won the game, including stuffing them on short yardage on 3rd and 4th down to get the ball back.

Point is that the ground game worked for them when there was a threat of throwing, but as soon as that threat was removed and they became one-dimensional, we adjusted, loaded the box, and stopped the run game. The original poster said (which I commented on) that all Mason had to do was hand the ball off, which if that is the case we have shown we can stop the run if that is all you plan to do.
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #75
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I don't think Green-Beckham will be on the team for Mizzou for a good while. Losing Franklin and the other defensive guys I think it will not go well for them.

UGA will have a much improved defense, hopefully their new QB and early suspensions will be too much to overcome.

Florida, to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they did much better than expected for some strange reason.

Tennessee I hope does well enough to get Butch Jones attention from other programs. Michigan and Nebraska will both be open, and Jones is from Michigan. I have a feeling if he does well and shows he can rebuild Tennessee they will get him. That's my hope anyway.

1. USC 10-2 (6-2)
2. UGA 9-3 (5-3)
3. Florida 9-3 (5-3)
4. Tennessee 8-4 (5-3)
5. Vandy 7-5 (4-4)
6. Missouri 6-6 ( 4-4)
7. UK 3-9 (1-7)
Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #76
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Ealy left pro early so they replace their best two DE's.

They lose Josey and Washington who were by far their most consistent weapons. Also DGB just got busted for a ton of pot in his car with possible intent to resale.

Who knows what his status will be.

UGA returns their entire defense basically and Gurley and Marshall and all their receivers.

I think USC and UGA are the clear 1 and 2 players this year.
I agree here. Mizzou loses way more than UGA. UGA has all of their Playmakers back except Murray and their D will be ten times better this season.

It will be a USC/UGA battle
Old 01-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #77
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I don't think Green-Beckham will be on the team for Mizzou for a good while. Losing Franklin and the other defensive guys I think it will not go well for them.

UGA will have a much improved defense, hopefully their new QB and early suspensions will be too much to overcome.

Florida, to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they did much better than expected for some strange reason.

Tennessee I hope does well enough to get Butch Jones attention from other programs. Michigan and Nebraska will both be open, and Jones is from Michigan. I have a feeling if he does well and shows he can rebuild Tennessee they will get him. That's my hope anyway.

1. USC 10-2 (6-2)
2. UGA 9-3 (5-3)
3. Florida 9-3 (5-3)
4. Tennessee 8-4 (5-3)
5. Vandy 7-5 (4-4)
6. Missouri 6-6 ( 4-4)
7. UK 3-9 (1-7)

Michigan would not touch Jones
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #78
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I am hopeful that it will end up like this...but who knows...And I am not putting records cuz things are always crazy

SC
UGA
UF
Mizz
UT
Vandy
UK
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #79
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Ol losses, no way TN finishes the year in the top half.
Yeah, Tennessee returns zero starters from the OL or the DL. Ouch.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #80
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 10
Jethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudlyJethro Beaver is crowing loudly

And don't forget about UGA early season player suspensions. could be a differance maker as well
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote