CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
b381l
COCKYTALKIN
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
thekob
spareparts
Rooster'srule
Lonnie
StormOfTalons
Elcid99 (2598)
PSU drops a prospect (1517)
Bad movies that are (799)
Mizzou WR suspended (601)
John Abraham DUI (565)
Best Offensive " (426)
Rokevious Watkins cu (373)
I was there, when (338)
Re-Airing South Caro (330)
Travelle Warton reti (284)
Clemson Recruiting...how
Clemson, Auburn home and
PSU drops a prospect beca
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Travelle Warton retires
2015 Commitment - A.J. Tu
Green and Lammons
Fall Camp.
2015 Commitment - Kyle Ma
An Aggies View of the Mat

Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
CockyRam
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyRam has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Rams Fans Need Some Clowney Advice

As a Gamecock and Rams fan I would love it (and hoping)if the Rams picked Clowney. By taking Clowney the Rams would have one of the best, if not the best, Dlines in the nfl... With potential to become one of the greatests of all time.
I think the Rams should take him and work him into the rotation on passing downs, while getting him acclimated to the NFL. The line would constantly be kept fresh, and the Rams could slide Long inside on 3rd and long for their own version of the rabbit package with Quinn, Brockers, Long, Clowney.
CockyRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #22
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
For some reason during the Spring of 2013 Clowney elected not to have foot surgery which would have helped correct his bone spurs. So the bone spurs flared up again and he had to play through that. He was highly schemed against by opposing offenses and would often get double teamed. While his numbers did drop quite drastically this year, he still had a very large impact on games.

I think his effort lacked a little bit this year compared to his sophomore season. The thing that probably hurt him the most was all the media hype he received during the offseason. I think it got in his head a little bit and he thought since he was just better than everyone he didn't have to try as hard.. not the case. I believe money will be a nice motivator for him and he will go on to have a nice NFL career.. something like Julius Peppers.

The Rams should not take Clowney because y'all seem to be set at DE. Robert Quinn was a stud this past season and Long isn't too bad himself.
\

Sorta...I agree with your assessment of Quinn although he disgusts me as another cheatin' Tarhole..Saw him play against the Panthers this year in Charlotte and he did do well...Peppers? Heck, if JD is no better than Peppers, I wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot pole..

I do agree with the foot issue and it's been my major question "why" all year long...That foot was an issue and as far as I'm concerned is the "BIGGEST ISSUE"...It's not heart, it's not talent, but JD was gimping for the better part of the last two years.. If I'd been the OBC, I'd have held him down to do the surgery! If he does not address it, he's a waste!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #23
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
Hey guys,

As many of you know, the Rams hold the second pick in this year's NFL Draft (courtesy of the Redskins and the RG3 trade).

There are a lot of Rams fans who (assuming the Texans take a QB with the first pick) want the Rams to draft Jadeveon Clowney.

Others oppose this plan because (1) the Rams strongest position is DE (Robert Quinn, Chris Long, William Hayes), and (2) Clowney, though obviously a great talent, did not have a good year in 2013.

I'm hoping that you guys, as fans who I presume watched Clowney far more closely than we did, can provide some insight as to why Clowney's production went down so drastically from 2012 to 2013.

Was he injured?
Was it his effort level?
Was he out of shape?
Was it the result of double and triple teams?

If you agree that Clowney is a "can't pass him up" prospect, tell us why.

If you think there are question marks that should prompt the Rams to pass on Clowney in favor of a need position (i.e. taking OT Jake Matthews), tell us why.

Thanks!
I hope the Rams pass on Clowney. I have no desire to pull for the Rams.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:50 AM   #24
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talonsnodnahs has developed his gaff and talons

Clowneys problems are conditioning as an elite athlete, & pacing himself in a 60 min game...
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #25
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
\

Sorta...I agree with your assessment of Quinn although he disgusts me as another cheatin' Tarhole..Saw him play against the Panthers this year in Charlotte and he did do well...Peppers? Heck, if JD is no better than Peppers, I wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot pole..

I do agree with the foot issue and it's been my major question "why" all year long...That foot was an issue and as far as I'm concerned is the "BIGGEST ISSUE"...It's not heart, it's not talent, but JD was gimping for the better part of the last two years.. If I'd been the OBC, I'd have held him down to do the surgery! If he does not address it, he's a waste!
You wouldn't draft someone who averages 10 sacks a year for 12 years? 8 Pro-Bowls in 12 years? 6th (active) in Approximated Value (behind only 3 QB's, Champ Bailey, and London Fletcher)? Or 3rd active in sacks (behind only John Abraham and Jared Allen)?

You're pretty hard to please I guess.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #26
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I hope the Rams pass on Clowney. I have no desire to pull for the Rams.
I am with you
cockybreeyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 AM   #27
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I want Clowney and Tajh Boyd to end up in the same division just for the laughs.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #28
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Nfl network was showing Daniel Jeremiah's updated mock draft.

1. Clowney
2. Sammy Watkins
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #29
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I think the Rams take Matthews/Lewan or Whoever they think is the best LT come draft time (remember no one saw Eric Fisher as the top pick this time last year)
Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #30
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken" View Post
Hey AvengerRam. I sent you a Private Message please read. Thanks
Sounds fishy..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #31
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
\

Shaw had foot problems during 2012 and he had surgery and was fine.. Not sure why JD didn't do it as well.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #32
Unspoken"
Walk On

Male

Unspoken" has hatched from the shell

Na just having some issues on another forum that he is on. Seeing if he can help. Could not contact him.
Unspoken" is offline   Reply With Quote