CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
QCB
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
B-G
Our Defense? (2093)
Fight, win, kick a-- (888)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (793)
CFN prediction for a (716)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (486)
What happened to thi (433)
A simple defensive l (404)
Why I'm hopeful abou (402)
This is War (399)
Ranking Top HC jobs (385)
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
The Gator Bowl wants us!
calling all Gamecocks fro
2016 - Issac Nauta
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
A simple defensive line &
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Our Defense?
In-state QB talent

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #1241
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscock2 View Post
Now that's a selfie that warms the heart of this gamecock fan.
He's just building suspense for his announcement. Don't fall hook line and sinker. We are in the race. That is all it means.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #1242
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

If we are leading than why are "experts" still predicting him to go to UGA?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #1243
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
If we are leading than why are "experts" still predicting him to go to UGA?
Because he has an official visit set to UGA and many of them believe UGA will be successful in closing with him. Nationally we don't have the respect in head to head matchups for recruits in the Peach State. We get some, sure, but we lose several too. The real test is going to be how he feels after his visit to UGA and if he says we still lead, are "even" again or that UGA leads after he visits there.

I for one think he sticks with us. After UGA if he isn't singing Athens praises you will see some of the experts shift. As it is, only one has picked him to UGA since he declared us his leader again and that was a guy from Oklahoma.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #1244
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I am reading elsewhere that UGA is raising the recruiting pressure on Ole Miss CB commit Kendarius Webster...both him and UGA CB commit Shattle Fenteng were scheduled to OV the Rebels this weekend, and the news now is that UGA got them to both cancel...

Last edited by ConwayGamecock; 01-22-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #1245
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

UGA would take Webster and Green if they could.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #1246
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I wish he was taking his final OV here.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #1247
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Coach Spurrier and Coach Ward visited him today. His coach did an interview afterwards and admitted that we are no doubt the leader. Obviously he still has his UGA OV and we'll have to wait to see what comes of that, but it seems that right now we are in good position.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #1248
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Coach Spurrier and Coach Ward visited him today. His coach did an interview afterwards and admitted that we are no doubt the leader. Obviously he still has his UGA OV and we'll have to wait to see what comes of that, but it seems that right now we are in good position.
Great!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #1249
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for the update
Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #1250
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I wish he was taking his final OV here.
Just got back from it.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #1251
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
UGA would take Webster and Green if they could.
but do they only have 1 spot for a CB.....
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #1252
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
but do they only have 1 spot for a CB.....
They want both.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #1253
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
They want both.
They will battle to the death, with sticks
Old 01-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #1254
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Prince hasn't said a word since leaving our OV? Hmm do some more research there bro. He said his visit was what he thought it would be like and I believe he called it a "cool" visit. He also stated it was the third best visit he's taken, out of 3. And I don't visit bleacher report. I read and follow what guys like pvtwarlick, c2, ETG and uscbaseball have to say. I don't come in here claiming to have all these inside sources to try and sound cool

And don't recruits get a lot of free gear from schools on OV's?

No actually they don't lmao! And I'm not gonna sit here and argue with some low self-esteemed fan who get's his jolly's off by insulting other fans. I never said my source was Steve Spurrier. I'm not trying to be "cool" on cockytalk. I, just like most of the other people on this forum, have a life and a job outside of this website! I just offered some information that i heard from outside of this website. I never said it was 100% true because quite frankly idk if it is it's just what i heard! So stop trying to blast people. If you don't like what i share, simply scroll down and move on. Trust me next time i get some information from this guy i'll make sure to keep it to myself. So many fans getting mad that i even said anything, i hope all 3 commit, as does everyone else on this website. So why are you so mad when i say they are going to like you don't want them to? Get lost troll
Old 01-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #1255
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
No actually they don't lmao! And I'm not gonna sit here and argue with some low self-esteemed fan who get's his jolly's off by insulting other fans. I never said my source was Steve Spurrier. I'm not trying to be "cool" on cockytalk. I, just like most of the other people on this forum, have a life and a job outside of this website! I just offered some information that i heard from outside of this website. I never said it was 100% true because quite frankly idk if it is it's just what i heard! So stop trying to blast people. If you don't like what i share, simply scroll down and move on. Trust me next time i get some information from this guy i'll make sure to keep it to myself. So many fans getting mad that i even said anything, i hope all 3 commit, as does everyone else on this website. So why are you so mad when i say they are going to like you don't want them to? Get lost troll
Before this thread gets derailed and people start unleashing personal attacks, do you still think Green is a Gamecock?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #1256
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
They want both.
so you and ETG are saying it's not an "either or" situation for them. I read about a week ago that Georgia is pushing for Webster and they only had one spot left which is why I asked the question.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #1257
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Reeser, here's what I think......you absolutely have a legitimate contact that told you this because you felt comfortable enough to post it. It wouldn't be very smart of you to post this if you were really just guessing.....that makes no sense. So you think we're getting Lammons, Green, Prince and Wideman. I think all of us are wise enough to understand that there is almost never a situation that couldn't change over a 2-3 week period since these kids are only 17-18. But going into the final 2 weeks, this is very encouraging.....anything else you find out, please post, you won't get an argument from me.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #1258
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Hahahahaha please show me where I insulted you? And where I blasted you? Don't get butt hurt little boy

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #1259
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

go Gamecocks!

I hope we get Wesley Green!

JD
Old 01-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #1260
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Quote:
Before this thread gets derailed and people start unleashing personal attacks, do you still think Green is a Gamecock?
Green is no doubt 100% a gamecock. Take it to the bank