CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
kingofnerf
GarnetSwarm1990
Fight, win, kick a-- (1163)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (935)
The Gator Bowl wants (906)
CFN prediction for a (885)
Why I'm hopeful abou (844)
USC will upset Aubur (748)
A simple defensive l (712)
What happened to thi (665)
Ranking Top HC jobs (481)
In-state QB talent (471)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #1881
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Impressions

are there any juco ot's out there for the 14 class that we may go for here at the end? I remember one guy, Prescott. how about him?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #1882
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

edit Prestwood looks like he's favoring auburn
Old 01-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #1883
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Green is announcing after he gets back from UGA; Feb. 3rd or 4th.
I thought Green was announcing on Fox Sports on NSD

Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #1884
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Green, Lammons, and Wideman would be a good finish. Fills needs at their respective positions.

I don't think we get Scott or Prince.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #1885
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Signing day is the 4th I believe..
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #1886
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Complete BS that Shaq and Kalan got dropped to 3*'s, while Samuel and Thomas didn't get even get a bump, even if it was from a 5.6 to a 5.7. What really pisses me off is Shaq, who was rated at #85, had a couple bad showings, gets dropped all the way to a 3*, while Park, who also had very bad showings, gets dropped, but stays inside the top 250 and keeps his 4* status.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #1887
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

^

Don't pay attention to Rivals. 247is where it's at.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #1888
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Are they the same players today that they were yesterday?

Yes.

Don't worry about the stars.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #1889
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Signing day is the 4th I believe..
Its on Wednesday the 5th

Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #1890
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Ok guys, with Caldwell coming in who have you got in the remaining slots?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #1891
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_nails View Post
Ok guys, with Caldwell coming in who have you got in the remaining slots?
Lammons and maybe Green.

I don't think we get Wideman, Prince, or Scott, and Green is questionable.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #1892
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Green, Prince, Lammons, Wideman, Scott and possibly Arthur Williams (long shot) all have a spot right now.

It'll be interesting if we take another WR, potentially Gladney if we miss out on more then one of the above targets.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #1893
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
Green, Prince, Lammons, Wideman, Scott and possibly Arthur Williams (long shot) all have a spot right now.

It'll be interesting if we take another WR, potentially Gladney if we miss out on more then one of the above targets.
I read today that Williams is a sign and place no matter where he ends up committing.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #1894
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

I think we should waste even more time entertaining Poona!!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #1895
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Lammons and maybe Green.

I don't think we get Wideman, Prince, or Scott, and Green is questionable.
Why don't you think we get Wideman?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #1896
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Why don't you think we get Wideman?
Just a personal opinion, but I just have a feeling he won't switch. I think if he was going to, he would have done it by now. Of course, there is also the possibility that he wants to wait until after his FSU visit out of respect to them.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #1897
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Thanks guys
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #1898
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

my prediction:

CB Lammons
CB Green
WR Gladney

I am unsure what happens with Scott when he decides on Monday. Neither school has a very good feeling with him and its basically a toss up at this point. As far as Wideman goes, I'm not going to predict that one until after his FSU OV. They will pull out all the stops to keep him (they've been on him this long with all his visits to USC and his academic concerns), Jay Graham is an excellent recruiter, FSU has a lot to sell him on, and we've led big for him in the past only to have him visit FSU and leave as a committed player to them. Sure, we are in good position right now but it has been a while since he has been back down there and they get the last shot here so I don't think this one is over yet like many others do. I think we offer Gladney on signing day or the days leading up to it as we should have a spot for him in this class. Now, if we land Scott and feel like we're getting Wideman, than obviously Gladney won't be a part of this class. With Lammons, I don't see him going all the way to Wisconsin to play ball. I think we hold off UGA for Green because there just isn't enough time for the defensive staff there to build a good enough relationship with him at this point.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #1899
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Lammons, Green, Scott and Wideman
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #1900
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
my prediction:

CB Lammons
CB Green
WR Gladney

I am unsure what happens with Scott when he decides on Monday. Neither school has a very good feeling with him and its basically a toss up at this point. As far as Wideman goes, I'm not going to predict that one until after his FSU OV. They will pull out all the stops to keep him (they've been on him this long with all his visits to USC and his academic concerns), Jay Graham is an excellent recruiter, FSU has a lot to sell him on, and we've led big for him in the past only to have him visit FSU and leave as a committed player to them. Sure, we are in good position right now but it has been a while since he has been back down there and they get the last shot here so I don't think this one is over yet like many others do. I think we offer Gladney on signing day or the days leading up to it as we should have a spot for him in this class. Now, if we land Scott and feel like we're getting Wideman, than obviously Gladney won't be a part of this class. With Lammons, I don't see him going all the way to Wisconsin to play ball. I think we hold off UGA for Green because there just isn't enough time for the defensive staff there to build a good enough relationship with him at this point.
I think we get Scott too after Spurriers in home.

And Prince is trending our way every day, got a good feeling.

I agree with you on Wideman.

Gladney I think only flips if one of the big targets we have go elsewhere.