CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
jebodiah
b381l
ACPhilson
Gamecock in TX
Lonnie
2016 Commitment - Ja (2438)
Aggie Statistics (1161)
TJ Holloman (1028)
Gameday Garnet Polo (1027)
Spurrier accepts coc (926)
They are coming to y (885)
Free furniture if A& (608)
We lost a great Game (431)
How are we feeling a (357)
2013 game vs TN is o (322)
Connor Shaw Browns
How are we feeling about
QB Kenny Hill named start
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Official SEC Network and
Spurrier accepts cockys c
texags
Favorite Gamecock of all-
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
TJ Holloman

Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #41
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Dean Smith and Coach K don't act like that, come on...

And if the only thing you have to offer as proof it's effective is Bobby Knight, then you probably think taking up smoking is a great idea because some people haven't died yet

Poor reasoning skills
Believe you me, Coach K DOES act like that - the cameras have just learned when to turn away. If there is a problem with the way Frank coaches do you think Coach Reggie Theus, Sr. would have let his son come all the way across the country to play for him?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #42
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Berating the lone senior isnt tough coaching, its assinine. frank needs to be mad at himself for wasting the scholly..instead of berating him.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #43
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Wasting the scholarship? He didn't sign him and its not like he was going to bring anyone else in so in no sense of the word did he waster the scholarship
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #44
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURprise View Post
This is one clip of SEVERAL I could pull from the Ole Miss game. Martin goes over the line in every game and it is getting worse.

Cussing at Williams? Read below, does this sound like a player you would berate?! This isn't "tough love" it is abusive behavior. There are ways to get through to players without calling them a m* f-ing mama's boy. Think about what that phrase actually means. It's awful and shouldn't be allowed.)

"Williams, the team’s lone senior and third-leading scorer at 11.1 points per game, nearly brought the Gamecocks (7-10, 0-4 SEC) back. He was fouled on a 3-point attempt late in the game and made all three free throws to make it a one-point affair, and then tracked down an errant inbound pass. USC couldn’t convert in the final 1.8 seconds to win, though.

Williams is also leading the country in free-throw percentage (98 percent). He has only missed one of 49 attempts this season and set a school record for consecutive free throws made (50), breaking the mark held by John Roche."
Didn't the "Bum" comment occur earlier in the game?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #45
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayzUp View Post
I don't know about the pussification of the country and all that but we've all seen the total rebuild job Holtz & Spurrier did with our football program and all the success our baseball team enjoyed under Tanner and I don't think they'd ever have treated a player like that.
LOL. You're recollection of Holtz as a coach differs from mine. Lou screamed and ranted at his players in practice and on the sidelines during games with great frequency.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #46
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post

What a load of absolute bullshit.
Not feeding the little troll
Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #47
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

With all due respect Lou Holtz got completely unhinged on the sidelines many times, he coached like Joe Biden with a methamphetamine enema
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:23 AM   #48
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Had a coach that cussed us like that in baseball in 9th grade. I played terribly for him. We got a new coach the next year and I played great. I remember our first baseman kind of turned his head on a ball thrown in the dirt to first. The coach said what the….was that??? That was (lady part) (feces)…our first baseman just smiled and the coach said stop smiling you (lady part!).

I hated playing for that guy because he would personally insult you for messing up at BASEBALL. I was scared of him in 9th grade. If a coach had tried that on me later in high school i would have challenged him right there on the field in the middle of a game.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #49
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

If you think he didn't say "bum" you need to get your ears checked.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #50
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Uncalled for to berate a player in public like he is doing in the video. He should, "praise openly and punish privately".
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #51
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

http://deadspin.com/5893113/coach-k-is-a-dick

coach k curses just read this
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #52
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainCock View Post
Uncalled for to berate a player in public like he is doing in the video. He should, "praise openly and punish privately".
He should also give out a trophy to everyone for participating at the end of the season...
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #53
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Had a coach that cussed us like that in baseball in 9th grade. I played terribly for him. We got a new coach the next year and I played great. I remember our first baseman kind of turned his head on a ball thrown in the dirt to first. The coach said what the….was that??? That was (lady part) (feces)…our first baseman just smiled and the coach said stop smiling you (lady part!).

I hated playing for that guy because he would personally insult you for messing up at BASEBALL. I was scared of him in 9th grade. If a coach had tried that on me later in high school i would have challenged him right there on the field in the middle of a game.
You have a choice in college of who you're going to play for. The guys know what they are in for ahead of time. I'm sorry you don't get that.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #54
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Easier to overlook this kind of stuff when you're winning. Now, not so much so. He may not be around long enough to get them to a winning program at this rate. Don't think k st was so saddened to see him go and they haven't really missed him much. Still hope he gets it done here but it looks like a train wreck most of the time.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #55
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Easier to overlook this kind of stuff when you're winning. Now, not so much so. He may not be around long enough to get them to a winning program at this rate. Don't think k st was so saddened to see him go and they haven't really missed him much. Still hope he gets it done here but it looks like a train wreck most of the time.
We're in year 2 of a rebuilding project playing with freshmen and sophomores that still need time to develop. The fact that "fans" are already saying he may not be around long enough shows how people don't understand the maturity rate it takes to be successful, especially post players.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #56
Kansascat12
Walk On

Male

Kansascat12 has hatched from the shell

K-State fan here. I personally loved Frank and hated to see him go, right up until the time he was gone. Yes he is animated, passionate and sometimes unloads on his players when he probably shouldn't. I think many coaches do this but usually in the locker room, at practice, etc. Not on the side of the court with kids a few rows back on national television.

Frank started to wear on some fans with his antics. As long as we were winning people seemed to turn the other cheek so to speak. I remember a few years ago we knocked off a top 5-10 ranked Missouri at home. We had something like a 9 point lead with 17 seconds left. Will Spradling went to the free throw line and missed the first free throw. Frank calls time out and for a full 60 seconds stares at Will in the huddle calling him a "Stupid Mother#$%^&^%" etc. We had the game won. Really no reason for it. I think this is when people started to really take note of his behavior.

Frank will brink attention to your program and can get results with this style of coaching but it takes a thick skinned, special type of player. Jacob Pullen, Curtis Kelly and Denis Clemente for instance thrived under franks "tough" coaching. It's just hard to find that many kids who successfully thrive under it and transfers seemed to increase. Players seem to play tight, timid and scared of making mistakes due to his short leash and getting yanked from the game.

With that said I wish Frank and South Carolina the best. He really helped continue the jump start of our program that Huggins started and for that I am thankful. I am confident that with the right players he can continue that at South Carolina. The recruits he gets should know by now the tough type of coach he is.
Kansascat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #57
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascat12 View Post
K-State fan here. I personally loved Frank and hated to see him go, right up until the time he was gone. Yes he is animated, passionate and sometimes unloads on his players when he probably shouldn't. I think many coaches do this but usually in the locker room, at practice, etc. Not on the side of the court with kids a few rows back on national television.

Frank started to wear on some fans with his antics. As long as we were winning people seemed to turn the other cheek so to speak. I remember a few years ago we knocked off a top 5-10 ranked Missouri at home. We had something like a 9 point lead with 17 seconds left. Will Spradling went to the free throw line and missed the first free throw. Frank calls time out and for a full 60 seconds stares at Will in the huddle calling him a "Stupid Mother#$%^&^%" etc. We had the game won. Really no reason for it. I think this is when people started to really take note of his behavior.

Frank will bring attention to your program and can get results with this style of coaching but it takes a thick skinned, special type of player. It's just hard to find that many kids who successfully thrive under it and transfers seemed to increase. Players seem to play tight, timid and scared of making mistakes due to his short leash and getting yanked from the game. The recruits he gets should know by now the tough type of coach he is.
this makes sense.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #58
Kansascat12
Walk On

Male

Kansascat12 has hatched from the shell

Another thing that constantly had us scratching our heads though at K-state was Franks sometimes crazy substitution patterns and his "doghouse". One game a player may have a hell of a game and the next seems to be buried on the bench for no apparent reason. Who knows. Have you seen this at South Carolina?
Kansascat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #59
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I wish everybody would grow a pair. This is what we need and it's exactly what I want from our basketball coach.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #60
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Frank is the Man, I sit far away so I don't have to hear it but do what you have to. I'm waiting for 2 years when we can book hotels for the big dance!!