CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
CoverTwo
b381l
Why is everyone anti (1751)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (991)
How did we not make (985)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (844)
Miss St. defense (834)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (641)
SOS says his next st (453)
Busta out indefinite (430)
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Party like it's 1903
Bruce Ellington's First T
Lattimore to play after S
Busta out indefinitely.
Why is everyone anticipat
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
SOS says his next stop is

Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #61
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Hope Frank does not hurt our fans or players feelings!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #62
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascat12 View Post
Another thing that constantly had us scratching our heads though at K-state was Franks sometimes crazy substitution patterns and his "doghouse". One game a player may have a hell of a game and the next seems to be buried on the bench for no apparent reason. Who knows. Have you seen this at South Carolina?
I can't really say. Outside of Thornwell, not many of our players have had a "hell of a game."

He does play a lot of players. Mainly, I think, because we don't have 6 or 7 legit SEC players, at least not at this stage in their careers.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #63
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

I have not gone thru this thread but Martin, if it was only because of those eyes, reminds me of BobbyKnight - and Im no BobbyKnight fan at all.
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #64
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

[quote=CockyInGA;4067178]When you sign on to play for a team, and are expected to give 110%, your ass belongs to the coach. Plain and simple.

You can't handle it? Can't perform? Can't be a winner? Quit. Winners have thick skin. Winners do what it takes to shut up their critics.

A coach gets paid to provide results. Just like my boss gets paid to provide results, and it's my job to make my boss look good. It's a player's job to make his coach look good. If I fail to do so, i'm out of a job. If a player can't make his coach look good, he shouldn't be on the team."

What if the coach can't make his employer look good or in fact is nothing but a constant embarrassment? His team sucks...the worst in the league where he is expected to compete. They play horrible basketball all around. And all his employer gets from him is either screaming obscenities instead of productive communication or looking so disinterested its no wonder his team looks the same and is clearly not responding positively to his constant bullshit?

Should he be the coach?
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #65
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I miss Dave Odom.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #66
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascat12 View Post
Another thing that constantly had us scratching our heads though at K-state was Franks sometimes crazy substitution patterns and his "doghouse". One game a player may have a hell of a game and the next seems to be buried on the bench for no apparent reason. Who knows. Have you seen this at South Carolina?
Yup. For example he played Brian Steele, a walk-on, last night and did not play Justin McKie at all who had seen time in the past two games.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #67
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
I miss Dave Odom.
Unfortunately Dave Odom couldn't get his players to keep their grades up and had us in hot water before Horn took over. If there is one good thing Horn did, it was get us out of academic troubles.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #68
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I served six years in the military. Frank Martin is a fine coach.

What are your questions?
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #69
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I don't mind calling players out, and I don't mind cussing at players, I think there is a right way to do both. Coach K and Jim Boeheim and Izzo and Dean Smith all do/did this to some degree. They have all showed compassion too. But to me, there is a difference in how they do it and how Frank does it. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but he seems to come off a little more bullyish and seems to do it way too often to have a positive effect. I think he is alienating guys a bit and needs to reign it in. It's fine to yell and scream, but he's drifting over the line lately. Our guys play pretty hard from what I've seen, maybe I'm wrong though.
As a parent, I don't think I'd like him calling my son a f@#ing bum. Other coaches will show this video clip to recruits and their parents... Not good. Specially if the young man comes from a strong Christian family. I couldn't see Marcus Lattimore wanting to play for Coach Martin if he were an equally skilled BB player instead of football player. I think this was a bad hiring decision. Are there really no good coaches with more class?
I find that hard to believe.

Last edited by Talon1; 01-23-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #70
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post

What are your questions?
1. Are basketball players in the military?

2. Does your being in the military and thinking Martin is a "fine coach" have anything to do with the team's success?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #71
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

Mr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudlyMr. Belvedere is crowing loudly

Quote:

What are your questions?
Nice comparison.

sure..Military Service = Sports

Just to add.. we aren't competing for National Titles.. hell we're barely competing for the NIT.

Frank needs to step back and re-evaluate how to handle these kids. They played scared and at this point he's embarassing himself on TV.

You can't compare Martin to Coach K or Bob Knight at this point. Not even close.
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #72
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I have heard pee wee league football coaches that are worse
That's really sad. My son would be playing on another team the very next day.

Last edited by Talon1; 01-23-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #73
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

If the players are overly sensitive crybabies like some of the fans then I think I have identified one of our problems.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #74
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
Unfortunately Dave Odom couldn't get his players to keep their grades up and had us in hot water before Horn took over. If there is one good thing Horn did, it was get us out of academic troubles.
Speaking of Horn. Do you guys remember what he did in games when we were getting our ass handed to us? Let me refresh your memory.
Attached Images

Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #75
jerryusc
Walk On

Male

jerryusc has feathers coming injerryusc has feathers coming in

Hmmmm... I read some threads on the Insider's Forum and I kinda like this thread's attitude better. After watching what Frank said I too question what all the fuss is about. That being said I expected a better season than this. I don't understand the losses when the team has a double digit lead.
jerryusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #76
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

And this was Horn at the Presser's.
Attached Images

Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #77
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:

What are your questions?

What does this have to do with anything?
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #78
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Ive go NO problem with Coach Martin getting on the players tails in practice or during a actual game...But his mouth is very very nasty to say the least..He needs to correct that...Especially when he is in an arena that only has 2500 folks watching ....You can hear every word he says and he needs to clean it up a bit....Especially the F Bombs...
Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #79
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Ive go NO problem with Coach Martin getting on the players tails in practice or during a actual game...But his mouth is very very nasty to say the least..He needs to correct that...Especially when he is in an arena that only has 2500 folks watching ....You can hear every word he says and he needs to clean it up a bit....Especially the F Bombs...
When did our fan base become so wimpy? This is a sport. This stuff happens more than most people think and to just about every team across the country. From Football, to Basketball and Baseball. Coaching isn't about hey let me be as nice to you as possible and hope not to hurt your feelings in order to gain your respect, leadership, and best effort. Coaching is about turning boys into men. Some approach it different than others, but in the end if the outcome is the same, then the job was done right.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #80
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Wouldn't play or allow my son/daughter to play for a coach so out of control he screams expletives at them.

Sure, I know it's common...doesn't make it any less reprehensible. I miss the John Wooden mentality

Would you drop F-bombs on your child? if you would, you're a piece of garbage. If you wouldn't, why would you allow someone else to.
These aren't children.
These are men...most of whom have grown up in environments where they hear that kind of language day in, day out all day long.

Besides, he called him a bum to motivate him to play better. He called Brenton an idiot frankly because he played like an idiot that game.

I wouldn't do this to HS kids..or any level below that...but college, I'm fine with it.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote