CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
JDJones
kick_ball
l^l^lBGCock
gamecockgal
Cockypantherfan
Master Bedroom
Why the hesitance to (1242)
Should UNC get death (653)
2014 Charleston Clas (653)
BJ Mckie (513)
Getting Back on Trac (384)
Hospitality Area? (356)
Cocky cloth towels (354)
Challenge to or revi (277)
weekend conference P (198)
No Shave November (178)
South Alabama
Big George Statue
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
2014 Charleston Classic *
2014 Charleston Classic *
Previewing Charlotte

Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #741
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Dante Sawyer

Is his official visit this week or next to make up for missing last week? I hope it is this week so he can be here with Poona.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #742
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Are we sure his reason for not coming this past weekend was transportation? Because he was skiing at Beech Mt in NC via his twitter

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #743
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Are we sure his reason for not coming this past weekend was transportation? Because he was skiing at Beech Mt in NC via his twitter
JDRAY stated the reason he could not make it was due to family member unable to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
A family member that was scheduled to attend the OV could not get off work. Seems like Sawyer just wants those close to him to attend the OV with him. He s going to reschedule.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #744
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but if not, I thought it was a funny read.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ney-to-wrestle
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #745
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but if not, I thought it was a funny read.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ney-to-wrestle

I'm sure Spurrier loves Dabo too. I would love any coach I beat like a rented mule.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #746
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Why wouldn't Spurrier love Dabo? I bet he gets him a Christmas gift every year.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #747
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
Is his official visit this week or next to make up for missing last week? I hope it is this week so he can be here with Poona.
His Mom had to work last weekend so she couldn't come......he postponed the trip to next weekend. This weekend he takes his SAT which could be very important for him with his potential grade issues. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but the combination of grades and SAT factors into the calculation for qualification.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #748
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Why wouldn't Spurrier love Dabo? I bet he gets him a Christmas gift every year.

In return for Dabo's Thanksgiving gifts to Spurrier.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #749
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
His Mom had to work last weekend so she couldn't come......he postponed the trip to next weekend. This weekend he takes his SAT which could be very important for him with his potential grade issues. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but the combination of grades and SAT factors into the calculation for qualification.
It's a sliding scale...higher GPA, lower SAT and vice versa. If you have a 3.55 in your core courses, you only need to score a 400(sat) or if you have a 2.0 core you need a 1010 sat. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...ence_Sheet.pdf
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #750
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think you just have to have a good average. Depending on your GPA you need to score a certain SAT score. Does the NCAA only take the SAT, or do they also allow the ACT? I think the ACT was much easier.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #751
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

If you click on http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...ence_Sheet.pdf
you'll see the sliding scale for GPA, SAT and/or ACT. Also, it lists the core courses that are included in the core gpa.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #752
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
If you click on http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...ence_Sheet.pdf
you'll see the sliding scale for GPA, SAT and/or ACT. Also, it lists the core courses that are included in the core gpa.
thanks for posting this....I think it now gives all of us an idea how this works....
Old 01-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #753
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #754
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text
that is some pretty personal information
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #755
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
This is a joke right? Please do not post that info here if not. None of us should have that information.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #756
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just texted him and told him not to answer you
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #757
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not so sure you should be posting this even if you are able to get the information.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #758
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
he's not going to tell you that even if he knew....
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #759
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Of all the stupid xxxx I've read on a message board texting a recruit to ask what he needs on the SAT to qualify is right there with the best, or worst of them.
1. That's highly personal
2. Doubt he would answer you even if he knew
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
3. There is no way he could know at this point. He's still in high school with the better part of a semester to go. What he needs on the SAT will change depending on the outcome of his grades this semester.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #760
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You seriously asked a kid about his SAT scores?

What the hell man?