CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
wumarshall82
Spur's Addiction
spareparts
HeadCockFan
Yearofthegamecock
Cockyteg
Can it get any bette (1280)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1175)
Funny Golf Story Abo (971)
I used to like bush (910)
Defense Tackles (860)
Boo This Man... (801)
georgia rewind... (714)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (438)
Stay focus (387)
Stadium improvement (365)
Places to watch Carolina
Winston
Good crowd for volleyball
Where to Watch the Game i
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
2016 - Collin Hill
Boo This Man...
uniforms saturday
Stadium improvement idea
**official Vandy predicti

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #14981
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
BJ Payne has done everything he could possibly do to keep Poona Ford from coming to visit the 1. #4 team country 2. right down the road 3. who was his first major offer 4. Who is known for their dominant defensive lines. 5. Who is going to send 1 may be 2 DL in the NFL in the FIRST round. 6. Probably one will be the #1 pick in the draft.
You forgot we are Poona's "dream school"
Old 01-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #14982
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
You forgot we are Poona's "dream school"
Yeah, I did. I also was going to edit, we are short on DTs for the future and badly want the guy. So, Payne doesn't want him to visit his "Dream School" right down the road that really wants him and that has a "tremendous job of recruiting him."
Old 01-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #14983
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Poona Ford vs Dexter Wideman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
I started this thread because we are low on numbers and stacked at the DL position...not sure why people are upset I started this thread which was for a good, informative debate to help people find out the differences of the two. Its not like the recruits are going to come on here and go oh shit the message board people don't want me...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #14984
scsilas
Outsider Blogger

Male

scsilas has earned his spursscsilas has earned his spursscsilas has earned his spursscsilas has earned his spursscsilas has earned his spursscsilas has earned his spurs

Funny how this thing is so turned on its head.

Used to be that in-state coaches would tell their players something along the lines of "you at least owe the in-state schools a visit."

Now this Ohio transplant, Clemson* legacy, pro-wrestling washout pressures his player to not even take an official visit to a place the player once described as his "dream school."

Coach Payne better have a tremendous reason for taking this approach. Something almost apocalyptic. And I hope he is made to specifically explain it to his principal, his school board, and even the high school league office.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #14985
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
BJ Payne has done everything he could possibly do to keep Poona Ford from coming to visit the 1. #4 team country 2. right down the road 3. who was his first major offer 4. Who is known for their dominant defensive lines. 5. Who is going to send 1 may be 2 DL in the NFL in the FIRST round. 6. Probably one will be the #1 pick in the draft.
Oh, I do feel that ole' Payne has spun Kaylon's wheels in the other direction of USC for his own personnel reasons, but I do feel it is because he truly does feel like we are not the school that is best for his player.. Hell, if I was his coach, I wouldn't want him playing for a coach who is well known to swing a kid toward his best interest and not the players... Who was the kid that played with torn cartilage in his knee half his senior year and it ended up hurting him in the draft.. D@mn it, I can't think of his name, but that is the type of coaches they have over their in Clemson.. Our coaching staff encourages players to leave early if it benefits them, while Dabo is over on his knees begging these kids to stay all four years.. Back to the point, in Payne's weird scattered brain of his, he thinks it would hurt him by coming here...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #14986
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

I can say this about BJ though... Atleast he does care enough about his players to not push them to Clemson because any coach with some sense, sees that dabo is all about dabo and not about these young kids he suppost to be watching out for and leading them to better things... All thse recruits are coming into a program as kids and the job of these coaches are to make sure they leave as men...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #14987
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

There only seems to be vague reasons for Payne not wanting him here. To say USC is not the best fit is very general. Why not just be specific and give a cogent list of reasons why Poona should not attend USC? Maybe he has, would love to know what those were and why.

I'll be completely shocked if he ends up here at this point. If he really wants to be here, then there should have come a point a while ago where he tells his half wit coach to get lost and let him make a decision.

I also have to think our coaches are done.

And one last thought, is USC not the best fit for Poona or any player in Payne's mind? If it is the latter, then HHHS ought to take a hard look at that attitude and policy.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #14988
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
but I do feel it is because he truly does feel like we are not the school that is best for his player
Please elaborate. Why is USC not a good fit for Ford in his mind?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #14989
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Regarding Payne, I'm curious to know why he thinks USC isn't the right school for Ford. Can you offer any insight into his reasoning? I know that a high school football coach would hold tremendous sway over a star player, that actually makes a lot of sense since they can almost be like a third parent and unfortunately sometimes are the only source of stability. Seems like Spurrier might need to do the chacha slide with Grandma Ford to land this one! As an aside, I love it when I hear how close some of this generation is with their grandparents. Whether it be out of choice or lack of, always gives me hope for the future.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #14990
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
I have been disgusted about a lot with how this kids recruitment has went, but I let it get to me personally because I am and will always be a Carolina fan.. I started looking through my garnet glasses at this whole process and getting aggravated because how negative it looked towards USC.. After hearing what BJ Payne had to say to me in these past few messages he has sent me on here, I see he really does have the best intentions for this young man.. Even if he doesn't feel it is here at USC.. When it is all said and done, it doesn't matter what he thinks or what I think, it is what is best for this kid and I think he knows it is him being close to his family and playing at USC.. Mark it down, I believe we get this kid
By the way, so Payne is on this board? I think that's what I am hearing from this post.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #14991
thekob
Household Name

Male

thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
Proximity...or James Franklin's abilities as a recruiter...
I'd say both. I can't recall...anyone know what the status is of the sanctions they're under from the Sandusky trouble? I know they got hit hard but I don't know how much is remaining. If their roster is thinned from lack of schollys that might lead to an attractive lack of depth for Prince.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #14992
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

You are hearing correctly
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #14993
thekob
Household Name

Male

Is this him?
http://www.cockytalk.com/member.php?u=27932

Kind of far from anonymous. I'll give you 1 guess as to which thread he's viewing...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #14994
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Regarding Payne, I'm curious to know why he thinks USC isn't the right school for Ford. Can you offer any insight into his reasoning? I know that a high school football coach would hold tremendous sway over a star player, that actually makes a lot of sense since they can almost be like a third parent and unfortunately sometimes are the only source of stability. Seems like Spurrier might need to do the chacha slide with Grandma Ford to land this one! As an aside, I love it when I hear how close some of this generation is with their grandparents. Whether it be out of choice or lack of, always gives me hope for the future.

Agreed.

I have no issues with a HS coach giving advice to a player and Payne has that right. It should be objective. I'd be curious to hear the objective reasons and if those reasons are unique to Poona.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #14995
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
By the way, so Payne is on this board? I think that's what I am hearing from this post.
Yep, he has already messaged a couple of us on here telling us to come up to his office next time we are in his area.. haha Other then him saying that non sense, he felt like he had to defend his player because we were bad mouthing the young man.. Even though I feel differently about us bad mouthing the kid, I do admire the fact that he is standing up for him.. In my eyes, I think USC is the perfect place for Kaylon, but I am not one of many who has a say so in the matter either
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #14996
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have been disgusted about a lot with how this kids recruitment has went, but I let it get to me personally because I am and will always be a Carolina fan.. I started looking through my garnet glasses at this whole process and getting aggravated because how negative it looked towards USC.. After hearing what BJ Payne had to say to me in these past few messages he has sent me on here, I see he really does have the best intentions for this young man.. Even if he doesn't feel it is here at USC.. When it is all said and done, it doesn't matter what he thinks or what I think, it is what is best for this kid and I think he knows it is him being close to his family and playing at USC.. Mark it down, I believe we get this kid
BJ Payne is a douche bag. Anyone who tries to force something on a kid, just because he doesn't like it, is a douche... bag... What are his reasons for not wanting him to come here(which, need I remind, isn't his choice)? He's a power hungry, wait for it, douche bag. He doesn't have the kids best interest at heart or he'd let him do what he wants. He can give input or advice when asked, but he's doing way more than that. If I thought for one second my sons coach was trying to force him down a road, and not leave all options open, i'd be livid. I'll say it again, and i'll leave it at this, BJ Payne... Is indeed.. a douche bag.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #14997
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep, he has already messaged a couple of us on here telling us to come up to his office next time we are in his area.. haha Other then him saying that non sense, he felt like he had to defend his player because we were bad mouthing the young man.. Even though I feel differently about us bad mouthing the kid, I do admire the fact that he is standing up for him.. In my eyes, I think USC is the perfect place for Kaylon, but I am not one of many who has a say so in the matter either

How in the **** did this guy get to be a head coach? He sounds like a real piece of work...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #14998
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Well at least we know Poona is not making his own decision
Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #14999
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

This is just a sad situation all around. No kid should have one of the biggest decisions of his life directed by anyone with an agenda. Maybe USC is not the right fit for Poona, but at least give him the chance to make that decision himself, if you truly have his best interests at heart.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #15000
thekob
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
How in the **** did this guy get to be a head coach? He sounds like a real piece of work...
Seriously...why is this guy responsible for supervising kids? Threatening people on a message board, what a tool. Now I just feel sorry for all the players in general.

Also, it seems that any badmouthing on here was the result of Payne's actions, so that's on him as well. If he doesn't realize that this is a message board and people are trying to decipher the mind of 18 yo's based on a few sentences, he's just making it more difficult and his influence on Ford makes it more vague.

I guess that's just more proof to what we already know....that recruits (and coaches) are on this forum....watching...sulking in the shadows....threatening board members....
Closed Thread