CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
Spurticus
GregoryHouse
Big Spur
2000grad
MisterClowney
cockybreeyan
Connor to be backup? (2764)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1168)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (1078)
Carolina ranked #21 (1022)
Connor to start agai (973)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (824)
Marcus coming home (590)
Most Impactful Peopl (496)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (495)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (444)
Connor to start against R
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread
Players to The Draft
Marcus coming home
The Vent and Coaching cha
Carolina ranked #21 prese
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Greatest Gamecock Players
Davon Durant
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 01-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #761
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Dante Sawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Of all the stupid xxxx I've read on a message board texting a recruit to ask what he needs on the SAT to qualify is right there with the best, or worst of them.
1. That's highly personal
2. Doubt he would answer you even if he knew
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
3. There is no way he could know at this point. He's still in high school with the better part of a semester to go. What he needs on the SAT will change depending on the outcome of his grades this semester.
This is all that needs to be said. Why would you ever, EVER, ever think that's okay? This is a high school kid. You are badgering a high schooler.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #762
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Of all the stupid xxxx I've read on a message board texting a recruit to ask what he needs on the SAT to qualify is right there with the best, or worst of them.
1. That's highly personal
2. Doubt he would answer you even if he knew
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
3. There is no way he could know at this point. He's still in high school with the better part of a semester to go. What he needs on the SAT will change depending on the outcome of his grades this semester.
This.

(I will say this is dumber than starting a thread to get people to make a hypothetical choice between 2 recruits when we're not limited to one or the other thus possibly/probably causing unnecessary drama...)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #763
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text

Text back and apologize.

Withdraw your request.

Tell him you are catching hell here and that you are being soundly ostracized by the VAST majority of Gamecock fans.

DO IT NOW!

Please.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #764
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Dude...really?

How in the world do you think that's ok to do?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #765
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Ah man. Thats a lil too far. Leave the kid alone he prob hears enuogh about his grades
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #766
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

And I thought tweeting at recruits was creepy....
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #767
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
And I thought tweeting at recruits was creepy....
More than that, it could be an NCAA violation. Please stop it, particularly if you are a Gamecock Club member.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #768
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

So, yeah...I just randomly decided to check in on this thread, since I saw it being bumped up, only to see some guy supposedly asking a high school kid about his SAT score?

Really wishing I hadn't clicked on this thread. I know "every fanbase has them" but good f'in grief.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #769
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text

Wonder if this guy got banned in less than five minutes after this post?!?! I sure hope so!!!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #770
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

ATL, I think you are looking for a career in Sports Reporting, which is awesome, I hope you have a great successful career at that. However, that level of reporting and sharing that kind of info with the masses (about a minor/kid) is a little over the top and IMO you need to pump the brakes. That's some pretty personal info.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #771
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

I told him good luck on it can't wait to see him on the field in the fall...I don't think that's too much of an issue

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #772
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Really? The Atlanta guy should have been whacked with the ban hammer. Asking a kid, who is not your own, personal questions is wrong & creepy as heck!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #773
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I told him good luck on it can't wait to see him on the field in the fall...I don't think that's too much of an issue
WTF are you talking about? You asked him for test scores. Just stop. Put the phone away, and stop. You are making our fanbase look awful
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #774
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
...I don't think that's too much of an issue
If you asked the guy for his test score, it is an issue. You should be embarrassed.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #775
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
2 and 2 isn't adding up to 4 here....

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #776
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

I didn't ask him for scores, was going to talk to him about it but didn't. This making sense now? Sorry for the confusion

Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #777
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudly

Quote:
I didn't ask him for scores, was going to talk to him about it but didn't. This making sense now? Sorry for the confusion

Here's what you posted:

"I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text."
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #778
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Here's what you posted:

"I just asked Dante what he needed on the SAT, ill post when/if he replies to my text."
Was going to after talking to him for a little didn't ask once y'all chimed in, just told him good luck

Old 01-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #779
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Was going to after talking to him for a little didn't ask once y'all chimed in, just told him good luck
Sniff sniff
Attached Images

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #780
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
ATL, I think you are looking for a career in Sports Reporting, which is awesome, I hope you have a great successful career at that. However, that level of reporting and sharing that kind of info with the masses (about a minor/kid) is a little over the top and IMO you need to pump the brakes. That's some pretty personal info.
Spot on right here.