CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
uscjeremynca
Acockolypse Now
b381l
MACXIMVS
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
Lonnie
Spurticus
auslander
Blake McClain (1265)
What ever happened t (1109)
Backup QB competitio (752)
Fall Camp. (637)
2014 Preseason USA T (473)
Ranking the SEC Fema (405)
This is why I gave u (392)
Clowney's Madden Rat (390)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (316)
Ebola Outbreak (301)
Backup QB competition
Ole Miss announces name f
2014 Preseason USA Today/
What ever happened to Phi
Tennessee
Clemson, Auburn home and
Green and Lammons
Away game ticket requests
Spurrier on the cover of
2014-15 Premier League se

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Starting a suit wardrobe

I think there was a thread on this a while back, but I used the search function and could not find it- I apologize. Also, I know that there are probably more relevant forums for this kind of question, but I remember reading some helpful information the last time a thread of this type was on here.

To the point, I am wanting to build a wardrobe of nicer clothing, specifically some suits. Although my work allows us to dress pretty casually (golfshirt, khakis, sperries, etc), I am considering "dressing for the job I want, not the one I have". I assume that if I want to be able to wear a suit every day, that I will need atleast 5 different suits (please correct me if there's a more sensible way to go about this). I've recently purchased a pretty basic charcoal suit at Mens Wearhouse on Harbison (in Columbia), and it ended up being a little over $300 after alterations. I asked them about their BOGO, and they said that only applies to the more expensive suits, which start around $500/suit. Does anyone have recommendations for a better value? I am looking mainly for value, not necessarily a premium suit, being as my job is not one that requires hobknobbing with wealthy executives or anything even close to that. That being said, I do want something that has a stylish/slim appearance.

So, my question is- is Mens Wearhouse the best value? Should I go Joseph A Banks? Maybe something else? Also, I already have a charcoal suit, and I'd like to add a blue and black for sure. What other recommendations do you all have? Thanks in advance for your input.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote