CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
yazoo
JaxcockFL
CockyCody
The Octopus
USCfootball
The bane of our seas (1485)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1400)
OBC banner being add (1196)
Ward wants us to pla (1142)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (974)
Who scores the first (838)
Davis Playing in A&a (773)
Come and get your Jo (509)
CFB Playoff Bracket (474)
All garnet for Thurs (461)
Who scores the first touc
I have not bought into ou
Greetings from ECU Fan
OBC banner being added to
The bane of our season
SL,UT Gamecocks
2014-15 Premier League se
New Sign at Williams Bric
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Spurrier: Davis May Not B

Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #141
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I still contend...sit behind Duke's bench, or Louisville, or Michigan State, or nearly any bench in the country, and you will hear very close to what Martin said.
...You are right but the problem is they play in front of a packed house pretty much every night...We play in front of about 1500 people...You can hear a mouse fart in our place during games....
Old 01-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #142
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
I still contend...sit behind Duke's bench, or Louisville, or Michigan State, or nearly any bench in the country, and you will hear very close to what Martin said.

OH well then in THAT case it must be fine, where's my son I need to go tell him he's a ******* ***** and a ****** ******* ***** *** ****** *** ****** ****** and he should go **** himself with a ******* shovel handle bc he's a ******* ***** *** ****** ****** ***** sorry *** little ****** ******.

Now go win me a game you ****** ******* bum!!!!!!!!

Swear to heaven some people deserve to be fixed.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #143
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
OH well then in THAT case it must be fine, where's my son I need to go tell him he's a ******* ***** and a ****** ******* ***** *** ****** *** ****** ****** and he should go **** himself with a ******* shovel handle bc he's a ******* ***** *** ****** ****** ***** sorry *** little ****** ******.

Swear to heaven you're one of them.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #144
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
...You are right but the problem is they play in front of a packed house pretty much every night...We play in front of about 1500 people...You can hear a mouse fart in our place during games....
Yep... the comparison to championship winning coaches and programs is laughable.

Where does anyone here get the idea that Frank is on that level AT ALL? I like Frank, but he is embarassing himself at this point and there's not one top recruit that will come here for that when they can get the same verbal beatdowns at a title contender.

Figure it out Frank.
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #145
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post
Yep... the comparison to championship winning coaches and programs is laughable.

Where does anyone here get the idea that Frank is on that level AT ALL?

Exactly.

"BUT BUT BUT BUT.... BOB KNIGHT DOES IT!!!"

Folks, Bob Knight is not a winner because of the way he acts.
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #146
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Exactly.

Coach K, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Ray Tanner, they all do it. How he is in game doesn't reflect his off the court attitude. He is a genuine guy, he is intense though and he expects the best. Thinking you're going to get a nice kind coach on the court too and having a winning team is silly, also thinking you can send your kid anywhere in major college athletics and his butt isn't going. To get chewed out is silly

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #147
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:

Then you won't be able to send your son anywhere, because when he ****s up! he better expect to get his *** chewed out by almost any ******g coach in America. Even ray ******g Tanner.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #148
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

Your son doesn't respond to verbal abuse. We get it.

Stop talking about your son now.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #149
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:

And you are one of them.
I would never say talk like that to child...not even a HS kid...but in college..yes. Last I checked, these kids can transfer out and go somewhere else if they like.

I swear, we have a small pocket of some dumbass fans.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #150
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #151
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post

Where does anyone here get the idea that Frank is on that level AT ALL? I like Frank, but he is embarassing himself at this point and there's not one top recruit that will come here for that when they can get the same verbal beatdowns at a title contender.

Figure it out Frank.
The point being made is that other coaches do the same thing. How could you possibly be so dense not to understand that?
Old 01-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #152
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
OK, I'll play.

I've seen a ton of games in Cameron from across Duke's bench (about 80 games). I've heard K say stuff like, "You're playing like a p^%%&!" and "Get your GD head in the game!" And "that's a f#cking bulls%^& call!" But I've never once heard him call someone a name directly, besides a ref one time, for which he was ejected, and later apologized for getting personal.

Very close to what Martin said? Maybe, but there is a line. Whether Martin crosses it often, I'm not informed enough to say. But I will say that Frank claimed he wasn't gonna curse loudly anymore around the time he was hired, and it's already a topic of conversation in year 2. So much for that.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #153
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Exactly.

If Bob Knights style of coaching was the problem his program would have tanked. Same with Coach K. If berating your players on the bench during a game were such big issues these guys wouldn't have jobs. The sustained results speak for themselves for Coach K and Bob Knight, and even Frank Martin, who is very well respected and liked in the coaching profession. Get over yourself girly-man.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #154
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
OK, I'll play.

I've seen a ton of games in Cameron from across Duke's bench (about 80 games). I've heard K say stuff like, "You're playing like a p^%%&!" and "Get your GD head in the game!" And "that's a f#cking bulls%^& call!" But I've never once heard him call someone a name directly, besides a ref one time, for which he was ejected, and later apologized for getting personal.

Very close to what Martin said? Maybe, but there is a line. Whether Martin crosses it often, I'm not informed enough to say. But I will say that Frank claimed he wasn't gonna curse loudly anymore around the time he was hired, and it's already a topic of conversation in year 2. So much for that.
Read the deadspin article I posted. One of his players said he thought his name was "Motherf***er for an entire season. No one cares what you think or have heard. There is plenty of proof out there that K does the same stuff.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #155
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I don't mind calling players out, and I don't mind cussing at players, I think there is a right way to do both. Coach K and Jim Boeheim and Izzo and Dean Smith all do/did this to some degree. They have all showed compassion too. But to me, there is a difference in how they do it and how Frank does it. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but he seems to come off a little more bullyish and seems to do it way too often to have a positive effect. I think he is alienating guys a bit and needs to reign it in. It's fine to yell and scream, but he's drifting over the line lately. Our guys play pretty hard from what I've seen, maybe I'm wrong though.
from what i have read tho, his former players love him
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #156
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
from what i have read tho, his former players love him
They do. I remember the ESPN special on his players during his last year with K-State. Those kids seemed to really love the guy. He's not for everybody, but he's an honest man that loves his players and would do anything for them even after they leave. I'm glad we have Martin.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #157
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
The last 2 games had over 12,000 and over 14,000 in attendance.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #158
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
The last 2 games had over 12,000 and over 14,000 in attendance.
I didn't realize that. Good to see the numbers influx, but I'm sure it will go back down if we don't come up with a win soon.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #159
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I simply can't imagine what about this kind of shit people find so inspiring. Hell, he even admits he's lost his players and isn't getting the job done during his required 'Represent' the University, team and self press conference. Who would want to come to USC after watching this???

Last edited by LBC; 01-25-2014 at 10:51 AM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #160
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I simply can't imagine what about this kind of shit people find so inspiring. Hell, he even admits he's lost his players and isn't getting the job done during his required 'Represent' the University, team and self press conference. Who would want to come USC after watching this???

Thornwell, Notice, Mckie, Shaw, Henry, Ringer, Theus, Stroman, and Blanton.