CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
b381l
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
gromweat
Acockolypse Now
Ahmad
WeStill0wnUSC
NinjaSven
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (2220)
Cack's Toast of the (1736)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1719)
Rankings (1522)
Update: Brison Willi (1374)
3-4 "D" Ke (1361)
Will Devin ever suit (1112)
Over reacting? (538)
New to Cockytalk... (420)
Update: Brison Williams i
Why won't Spurrier implem
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Cack's Toast of the Game:
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play
Uniform thread
Keeping 2015 together!
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Spurrier Presser

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #581
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Chris Lammons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Lammons, and Green are silent. Prince is 80% us 20% maryland. Wideman is about to flip
Reeser you stated Prince was a silent. Is that not true?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #582
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Lammons, and Green are silent. Prince is 80% us 20% maryland. Wideman is about to flip

Wait.. Didn't you say Green and Prince would commit this past weekend? Now they're just "silents"?

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #583
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Wait.. Didn't you say Green and Prince would commit this past weekend? Now they're just "silents"?
I don't think he ever said they would publically commit. The only thing I recall him saying is Lammons was on commitment watch.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #584
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

My prediction is that we get Lammons.

I think we have a great shot at getting Prince, but in the end I think he ends up at Maryland.

I think Green realizes his best opportunity is here, but that his heart is at Georgia. If they can put his fears to rest I think he ends up there.

Wideman is not coming here.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #585
ramcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ramcock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonHeadCOck View Post
Why would (or does) someone get fallout for passing on information they heard? It is all second and third hand information to begin with and unless it comes from the recruit themselves, it is someones interpretation of a conversation. I welcome all bits of information whether it turns out to be correct or not. These are 18 year old kids making a major decision on there life. Thank you to all that pass along whatever they hear. I enjoy keeping up with it!!
Im with ya man, I love the information. Its why I come here so often. I wanna hear stuff like this. However, whether its fair or not, ppl shit all over themselves if someone slips up and makes a wrong prediction. Just warning him.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #586
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

I think we have a great shot at getting Prince, but in the end I think he ends up at Maryland.

I think Green realizes his best opportunity is here, but that his heart is at Georgia. If they can put his fears to rest I think he ends up there.

fwiw...Tony Morrell stated he was comfortable reporting if signing day were today we would get Lammons, Wideman, and Green.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #587
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

What is the order of in homes for our last remaining targets? Anyone know yet?
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #588
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
fwiw...Tony Morrell stated he was comfortable reporting if signing day were today we would get Lammons, Wideman, and Green.
Love to hear that, unfortunately it's not today.

Hope I'm wrong. My Wideman comment is related to another piece of information that I have that I won't share, because making it public would be harmful to people who told it to me in confidence. Just know that I don't see him playing for us.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #589
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
What is the order of in homes for our last remaining targets? Anyone know yet?
We're last for Scott's in home.

If we don't do a final at home with these guys, then I think we have a good shot with all of them. If a recruit this good is truly undecided and the coaches know it,
there is no way SOS wouldn't do a final in home with them.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #590
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114308514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcock View Post
Im with ya man, I love the information. Its why I come here so often. I wanna hear stuff like this. However, whether its fair or not, ppl shit all over themselves if someone slips up and makes a wrong prediction. Just warning him.
It's because of trolls. In the past trolls would come around on signing periods and start saying this or that pretending to be Cock fans.

So if you show up and join the site with a recent join date and low post count you may look suspicious. I for one hope Reeser is on the money with his info but I am not counting my chickens if you get my drift. Signing day cannot get here soon enough.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #591
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Gamecock
Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #592
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Cock Lock

Old 01-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #593
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

So you think out of Lammons, Prince, Green, and Wideman we ONLY get Lammons? You could be absolutely right, but that is a brutal end to this cycle. We need at least 2 of those guys.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #594
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I talked to a relative and to a mother of a former teammate today and they feel that he will end up here. Unfortunately, it was just their opinion...no direct info from the mouth of the player himself.

Last edited by rrsandersjr; 01-21-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #595
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb

Its kinda awesome though that the teams we are fighting for top recruits are FSU and UGA. 20 years ago, we battled East Carolina, App State, etc for our recruits.

If FSU, UGA, USC want a kid, and he cant decide, that's good news for USC.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #596
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Wisky flipped the Tindal kid following his official visit...further proof Lammons might be a silent
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #597
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to TBS, they not only got Tindal, but also landed a commitment from another CB, Cornelius Sturghill. Seems like the writing is on the wall here, so hopefully it works out in our favor.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #598
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
According to TBS, they not only got Tindal, but also landed a commitment from another CB, Cornelius Sturghill. Seems like the writing is on the wall here, so hopefully it works out in our favor.
Hopefully, we have been burned before.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #599
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Hopefully, we have been burned before.
Why would you hope that we've been burned before???
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #600
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Why would you hope that we've been burned before???
He means we HAVE been burned before. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
I think everybody should take a breather and realize that no matter what happens we have gotten some guys at positions of need.

Our biggest concerns, DB and DE, are well represented in this class.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Closed Thread