CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
SCohioBoy
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
Kentucky prediction (2166)
Just Booked my Hotel (1441)
Best position coach (901)
Waldrop doubtful for (883)
The New Idea That'll (758)
We Have A New KO Guy (710)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (494)
I'm over the loss, b (320)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (299)
So What? (291)
One dimensional QB
If we loose to Kensucky..
I'm over the loss, but...
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Kentucky prediction
QB Recruiting Strategy
400 pasing yards
The New Idea That'll Fix
4th & 1 Play
We Have A New KO Guy

Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons
Default New Playground at Carolina Stadium

I drove by the stadium today and saw the playground we've built behind the Bi-Lo Berm.

I hate to sound like a jerk, but the thing is hideous. It's built on the grass mound, which elevates it above everything else in the stadium. After the University put so much thought and money into making this an aesthetically pleasing stadium, this metal and plastic monstrosity really makes that part of the stadium look pretty tacky.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I drove by the stadium today and saw the playground we've built behind the Bi-Lo Berm.

I hate to sound like a jerk, but the thing is hideous. It's built on the grass mound, which elevates it above everything else in the stadium. After the University put so much thought and money into making this an aesthetically pleasing stadium, this metal and plastic monstrosity really makes that part of the stadium look pretty tacky.
What should they have made it out of? The stadium is made out of metal, plastic, and concrete. That is really the only place they could fit a play area and still have it in the ball park. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like a good idea to me, hard for kids to sit for a few hours and watch a ball game the whole time.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Please post pictures so I can ridicule it
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Meh. It's not like the area was used for much else. Outside of major games, the hill and the area behind it is mostly kids running around anyhow. Does it look tacky? I don't know if I'd go that far, but it does stick out.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #5
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
What should they have made it out of? The stadium is made out of metal, plastic, and concrete. That is really the only place they could fit a play area and still have it in the ball park. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like a good idea to me, hard for kids to sit for a few hours and watch a ball game the whole time.
We already had one of those inflatable bounce castles for the kids in the back. It was garnet & black, matched the surroundings and didn't become the focal point of the stadium.

Also, kids used the perfectly nice looking elevated area to throw balls and run around. They were plenty entertained without a ridiculously imposing structure.

I mean, if Carolina baseball games already weren't entertaining enough for children then perhaps those kids would better be taken elsewhere.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
We already had one of those inflatable bounce castles for the kids in the back. It was garnet & black, matched the surroundings and didn't become the focal point of the stadium.

Also, kids used the perfectly nice looking elevated area to throw balls and run around. They were plenty entertained without a ridiculously imposing structure.

I mean, if Carolina baseball games already weren't entertaining enough for children then perhaps those kids would better be taken elsewhere.

I think people are taking this way to seriously. It's a playground for kids. Most of whom aren't entertained by games at any level simply for not understanding the emphasis on every atbat, hit, error, etc.

Does it stick out from the road? Sure. But once you're in the stadium your focus is on the game not the playset. The only fans that will even truly notice it are fans down the third base line and fans in the bleachers.

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Call me old school, but when I went to the game as a wee kid, It was to watch baseball...not play on a playground.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Call me old school, but when I went to the game as a wee kid, It was to watch baseball...not play on a playground.
Old School. Stadium's are adapting to more and more bored fans of all ages (i.e. playground and wifi).
Old 01-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Old School. Stadium's are adapting to more and more bored fans of all ages (i.e. playground and wifi).
It's actually almost a little sad

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #10
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
It's actually almost a little sad
Completely agree, but it's where the money is now. Everyone is trying to add entertainment because somewhere along the way people stopped being interested in the sport itself.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

smh, our stadium is not an amusement park and it's certainly not a daycare.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

I never thought I would write this kind of post.

Question for everyone criticizing the playground: Do you even have kids, bro?

I've been going to USC Baseball games since it was at the Sarge. Since then, I've gotten married, and now I have a 2 year old son. He's not able to sit still for a whole baseball game, but I took him to a few games last year.

This playground area is going to be great for him. We can watch the game a little, go play some, come back to our seats and watch the game some more.

USC is adding a playground to make the place more family-friendly. If you don't have a family, fine. You should actually be happy that the little kids will be elsewhere, rather than crying and whining in the seats behind you.

For all of you who were saying "I used to watch the games when I was little", you probably didn't watch the games when you were 2-4 years old. Heaven forbid we put something in the stadium that makes it more family friendly, though, right?
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Do I have kids, no. I want any and I don't like them. Especially at games. I wish people would just leave them home. They are annoying.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I've got 6 grandkids ages 7 and under ! Gonna bring all down and check it out, then I'll let you know. By the way, it's pretty much Rays stadium, I thought he was a god !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I personally don't think you should take any kid younger than 6 to a sporting event. Yes I get they are making it family friendly but honestly I am surprised. Seems like a major liability issue. Highly likely that kids will not be supervised due to parents watching the game seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I am good with it since it will help me enjoy a game without kids that are bored. I haven't seen it but I do think that if it stands out from the view outside the stadium it will detract from the aesthetics of the stadium.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I try not to use cuss words on here a lot, but this is the nicest way I know how to say what I want to say...

Someone ALWAYS finds something to bitch about!

Get over it. If you dont like it, dont look at it, you're there to watch a baseball game anyways. I hightly doubt people are going to come to Carolina staidum and say "Well damn, that was a great baseball stadium. Except for that damm playground!"
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Do I have kids, no. I want any and I don't like them. Especially at games. I wish people would just leave them home. They are annoying.
I hope there are 20 kids around you, every time you go to a game.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Holy mother of god...some of my best memories are from going to USC sporting events as a child. Here I thought athletics were another form of entertainment..I forgot they were places for grumpy ass men to gather, complain, and talk about why they are a better fan than the next man...carry on
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I hope there are 20 kids around you, every time you go to a game.
Seems like it. Seems like I walked into Chuckie Cheese now a days. Some people think we should cater to kids, but they don't like the drinking and drunk people. If I had a choice between drunk college chicks all dolled up and rugrats, I am definitely all-in for team "drunk college chicks."
Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Well the kids parents are having to buy that extra ticket for them to get in and then having to load them up with concessions, so I'm pretty sure the University would rather have them there than you. Its about getting as many people to keep coming to games.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote