CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
ZenUSC
peterlemon
roosterdude21
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2562)
Morris to SMU (2240)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1346)
Carolina on a Walmar (795)
Game simulation (606)
Penniless: Creed's S (367)
Clemson fans (320)
Strategy First Steam (279)
Origin Sale Too (180)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Morris to SMU
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Carolina on a Walmart com

Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #381
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman - Florida State

One of the things that worries me about 12 visits to us versus 2 to fsu is that he can find some imperfections with that many exposures. Fsu can control more of what he sees and therefore present a more rosy picture.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #382
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 10m
FSU coach Jimbo Fisher visiting DL Dexter Wideman today in Saluda. Ate lunch with his grandmother.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #383
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

When is our in home?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #384
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Gamecock

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #385
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
4* OL from Raleigh that was an absolute lock to come to Columbia....until he took an OV to Stanford. They convinced him academics was more important than football, so he ended up going to UNC because he felt their academics were better than USC.
that may very well turn out to be a joke with all of the goings on in chapel hill lately
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #386
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Bentley Spain isn't from Raleigh, he played at Providence High in Charlotte. He is also a huge miss because I think he's a really good player. I also know the staff recruited him as hard as possible & it just didn't pan out. But it wasn't from lack of effort.
I was responding to a post about a recruit coming to Columbia at least 12 times and not picking us....Spain may actually have come to Columbia more than 12 times......you're right about Charlotte not Raleigh.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #387
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Hearing from people that know his family members and friends that he's set on FSU

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #388
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Hearing from people that know his family members and friends that he's set on FSU
This is not what his uncle who was with him on the OV said.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #389
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This is not what his uncle who was with him on the OV said.
He said he heard from someone that knows someone. How can you question that?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #390
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
He said he heard from someone that knows someone. How can you question that?
I guess this is two degrees of separation......

At this point, nothing would surprise me.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #391
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Don't think he comes here. If he didn't change his mind over his visit, don't see it changing now.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #392
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Don't think he comes here. If he didn't change his mind over his visit, don't see it changing now.
I believe he did change his mind. But why let it out knowing the pressure FSU would bring. Best thing to do is play along then sign on the dotted line. Never have to deal with FSU again.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #393
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

My prediction is that he's not coming.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

...but I don't think I am.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #394
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I don't think he's coming either, but who knows. A LOT of people have said he's switching, others have said he isn't. Part of me thinks if he wanted to flip, he would have done it by now, but another part says he hasn't done it yet because he wants to respect the FSU visit and will switch after.

Interesting note-Crystal Ball prediction for us from Kipp Adams Tuesday.

Last edited by garnet_black215; 01-22-2014 at 06:02 PM.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #395
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I don't think he's coming either, but who knows. A LOT of people have said he's switching, others have said he isn't. Part of me thinks if he wanted to flip, he would have done it by now, but another part says he hasn't done it yet because he wants to respect the FSU visit and will switch after.

Interesting note-Crystal Ball prediction for us from Kipp Adams Tuesday.
I was coming on here to post that. Interesting, indeed.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #396
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I don't think he wanted to announce the flip now because FSU would start calling him non stop....if he's going to flip, it will be after the FSU OV.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #397
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

The info from Kornblut measures the success of our visit by the size of the smile on his face as reported by an unnamed source. Ah, journalism. Unscientific but good news I guess?

On Friday it was USC's turn to make their final big play, and the Gamecocks brought in their big guns. Steve Spurrier, GA Mangus, Deke Adams and Steve Spurrier Jr. met with Wideman, his grandmother and other family members for about an hour at the school.

"It was a great visit," a source with knowledge of the sit down told us this afternoon. "It was a full court press: This is what we can do for you, and there's a chance to play fairly early. And definitely the celebrity effect was in play.

"He's still sticking to the commitment to Florida State but there's possibly a chink in the armor," the source said. "It was definitely a great visit. That same huge smile he had when he talked to coach Fisher, he had an ever bigger smile today."

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/2...n-meeting.html
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #398
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I don't dislike Kornblut, but he's the one guy I'd never tell ANYTHING to. He's ruined a lot of kid's big moments.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #399
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

Could be that the family is covering for him saying he is FSU bound to keep the pressure off. His uncle probably slipped up and told the truth bc he is excited to be involved. Just my 2 cents
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #400
Big Spur
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20199
Big Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot materialBig Spur is USC mascot material

Unless something major happens, he is a Gamecock.
Big Spur is offline   Reply With Quote