CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
nodnahs
Master Bedroom
GamecockSuperFan
Lonnie
ktguen
StormOfTalons
garnet_black215
TRBTB
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1318)
Ranking the Opposing (1126)
Not a Rival.. (929)
Gamecock Coaches as (704)
NCAA Football 15 (425)
Clemson Recruiting.. (344)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (331)
Hello Gamecocks! (317)
Marching band (285)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (263)
2015 - Mon Denson
Clemson Recruiting...how
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Dylan Engaged
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
NCAA Football 15
Green and Lammons
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da
Name a Gamecock

Old 01-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #161
l3urna
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 600
l3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervousl3urna is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Clip of Frank Martin Yelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I simply can't imagine what about this kind of shit people find so inspiring. Hell, he even admits he's lost his players and isn't getting the job done during his required 'Represent' the University, team and self press conference. Who would want to come USC after watching this???

That video is from last season FYI.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #162
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

From his own apology:

“I got after (Williams) pretty darned good on the sideline in the first half, and I visited with him about it and apologized to him. And I do want to apologize to any fans that were behind the bench that maybe heard what was said. I was wrong for that, and there’s no excuse for it…

I got wrapped up in the moment trying to get our program to take a step forward. We all look on mistakes all the time, and I’m no different than everyone else, and I’m nowhere near being perfect. There’s no place for me or any other coach to speak to Brent, or any other athlete, the way I did that moment there.”

Yet have another grown up point this out and many on this board believe it makes them pussies...its hilarious.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #163
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I guess the ones damning Coach Martin forget he is the EXACT same coach he was at K-State, there is nothing different he ranted and raved against his players there and guess what he won NCAA Tourney games. So if he has to step on a few toes and piss off weak and soft fans in process so be it, obviously being nice and coddling them has produced some dismal basketball performances so what is the next step its time, you change styles. If you don't like Martin either go cheer for UNC or UCLA but I want to see winning basketball and Martin knows how to do it. Big time college sports isn't for the soft, weak, or thinned skinned, they are getting a free ride in exchange for winning basketball games, now to all the chuckleheads who are saying pay the players guess what this is only the tip of the iceberg of what the players are going to hear and if this offends you then you are going to be in a huge shock in what is in store for paid players.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #164
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
From his own apology:

“I got after (Williams) pretty darned good on the sideline in the first half, and I visited with him about it and apologized to him. And I do want to apologize to any fans that were behind the bench that maybe heard what was said. I was wrong for that, and there’s no excuse for it…

I got wrapped up in the moment trying to get our program to take a step forward. We all look on mistakes all the time, and I’m no different than everyone else, and I’m nowhere near being perfect. There’s no place for me or any other coach to speak to Brent, or any other athlete, the way I did that moment there.”

Yet have another grown up point this out and many on this board believe it makes them pussies...its hilarious.
I'm glad Frank is being subjected to political correctness. That's what makes America so great.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #165
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I guess the ones damning Coach Martin forget he is the EXACT same coach he was at K-State, there is nothing different he ranted and raved against his players there and guess what he won NCAA Tourney games. So if he has to step on a few toes and piss off weak and soft fans in process so be it, obviously being nice and coddling them has produced some dismal basketball performances so what is the next step its time, you change styles. If you don't like Martin either go cheer for UNC or UCLA but I want to see winning basketball and Martin knows how to do it. Big time college sports isn't for the soft, weak, or thinned skinned, they are getting a free ride in exchange for winning basketball games, now to all the chuckleheads who are saying pay the players guess what this is only the tip of the iceberg of what the players are going to hear and if this offends you then you are going to be in a huge shock in what is in store for paid players.
Please don't say this word. You might make members cry.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #166
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

If he can't coach as he wants, he won't be here long and I don't blame him. Here we finally get a good basketball coach and we're slowly running him away.

Lou Holtz was a complete jerk and nobody complained.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #167
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
If he can't coach as he wants, he won't be here long and I don't blame him. Here we finally get a good basketball coach and we're slowly running him away.

Lou Holtz was a complete jerk and nobody complained.
There are some fans on here who won't be content unless Greg Marshall comes to USC, so they will want to run off any coach whose name isn't Greg Marshall.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #168
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
I didn't realize that. Good to see the numbers influx, but I'm sure it will go back down if we don't come up with a win soon.
The numbers are always better during conference season.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #169
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
From his own apology:

He apologized... great. I don't really care if he did or not though. And I doubt that stops him from doing it again. I think it just sets a standard: I'm going to probably keep chewing out my players as I see fit and apologizing for it later when I think I should and if you don't like, pay my buyout and try to find someone better. In the meantime I am going to try get this team to be better ASAP. That is what is really saying. He isn't really sorry. If you ever want to see this team get better you people are just going to have to put up with his ways. That is all there is in the matter. That is the price that has to be paid.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #170
Carolina80's
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Carolina80's has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
There are some fans on here who won't be content unless Greg Marshall comes to USC, so they will want to run off any coach whose name isn't Greg Marshall.
Nah, Bruce Pearl would be ok.
Carolina80's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #171
chaostheorysc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 900
chaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudlychaostheorysc is crowing loudly

Okay, not that anyone cares, but I have managed to dig head out of backside. It was mostly frustration over the last two games coming out, not my true feelings about Frank. Deep down I know that given time, he'll turn us around. Hell, the way Brent played yesterday, he's obviously put the whole situation behind him, and that's all that really matters. Ultimately a win over A&M would appease a lot of people on both sides of the argument.
chaostheorysc is offline   Reply With Quote