CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3316)
2014 Subway Classic: (1621)
aTm demolishes Kyle (745)
Cocky at the Duck Co (721)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (638)
Really, REALLY glad (575)
Deer Hunting 2014 (379)
movers, furniture do (313)
Happy Winter Solstic (283)
Streaming nfl games (269)
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 01-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #21
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Wait so everything should be centered around kids, I like kids as much as the next guy, but if the kid isn't able to sit and watch the game then, leave or don't go. That sounds and is harsh, but you don't see jungle gyms at Williams Brice, or the CLA, it's a baseball stadium not amusement park

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

They have blowup jumphouses at Williams Brice.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #23
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I'm glad parents are bringing their kids, if not those same kids would grow up caring little about Carolina and go to UNC or heaven forbid Clemson
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #24
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Wait so everything should be centered around kids, I like kids as much as the next guy, but if the kid isn't able to sit and watch the game then, leave or don't go. That sounds and is harsh, but you don't see jungle gyms at Williams Brice, or the CLA, it's a baseball stadium not amusement park
Its three completely different situations.

Looking at this the wrong way. The playground is for the sanity of parents. Unfortunately for all of you child haters, its hard for parents to get babysitters or find other arrangements for their kids when they have tickets. And other parents, might just want to take their kids to a freaking game to create the memories all of you have from the days of your parents taking you to games. I know, how dare they.

I know some of you are now saying "if they can't sit for an entire game why are you taking them". Pretty simple, because most kids who do want to go to the games still have a pretty short attention span. The playground gives the kids something to do while the parents can still somewhat enjoy what's going on, on the field.

Sporting events are family friendly events. Of you want drunk sorority girls, go to five points.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #25
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Do I have kids, no. I want any and I don't like them. Especially at games. I wish people would just leave them home. They are annoying.
Tell you what...next time you sit at home, in your own little world that you control instead of fussing about how someone else chooses to enjoy their free/family time.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #26
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
They have blowup jumphouses at Williams Brice.
At the stadium? Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post

Looking at this the wrong way. The playground is for the sanity of parents. Unfortunately for all of you child haters, its hard for parents to get babysitters or find other arrangements for their kids when they have tickets. And other parents, might just want to take their kids to a freaking game to create the memories all of you have from the days of your parents taking you to games. I know, how dare they.

I know some of you are now saying "if they can't sit for an entire game why are you taking them". Pretty simple, because most kids who do want to go to the games still have a pretty short attention span. The playground gives the kids something to do while the parents can still somewhat enjoy what's going on, on the field.

Sporting events are family friendly events. Of you want drunk sorority girls, go to five points.
So you are advocating not supervising there children when there are 8000 people around?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #27
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
At the stadium? Where?

So you are advocating not supervising there children when there are 8000 people around?
That's where the "somewhat enjoy the game" comes into play. But thanks for playing.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #28
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I try not to use cuss words on here a lot, but this is the nicest way I know how to say what I want to say...

Someone ALWAYS finds something to bitch about!

Get over it. If you dont like it, dont look at it, you're there to watch a baseball game anyways. I hightly doubt people are going to come to Carolina staidum and say "Well damn, that was a great baseball stadium. Except for that damm playground!"

So true.

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #29
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I'm glad parents are bringing their kids, if not those same kids would grow up caring little about Carolina and go to UNC or heaven forbid Clemson
This.

Get them enjoying Gamecocks as early as possible.

Now if we could just find a way to get rid of all the grumpy old codgers spoiling the fun atmosphere.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #30
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

We're not running a Chuckie Cheese for your kids, you're lucky they even let them in. You chose to have them, they should be your problem not mine. We should be trying to keep our grounds as classy as possible.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #31
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
This.

Get them enjoying Gamecocks as early as possible.

Now if we could just find a way to get rid of all the grumpy old codgers spoiling the fun atmosphere.
So are you saying it's not a fun atmosphere without swings and a jungle gym? It's Carolina FOOTBALL! It's 2001! It's the beast board! It's the band! It's Sandstorm! It's the SEC. It's Clemson - Carolina. We don't any friggin playground! If you want to go to a playground than take your kids toa playground, if you want to take them to a Carolina football game then take them to a Carolina football game, but do your as job as a parent and get them to sit down and behave themselves or if you can't do that than don't go.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Do y'all think it would be better if they painted it garnet and black? I don't find it a bad idea. The only baseball I loved watching growing up was the Braves. When my sister played I would eat some food, and then find the closest handball game, until the game was over.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #33
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Do y'all think it would be better if they painted it garnet and black? I don't find it a bad idea. The only baseball I loved watching growing up was the Braves. When my sister played I would eat some food, and then find the closest handball game, until the game was over.
As long as it doesn't clash with the petting zoo and the elephant rides and merry-go-round and the clowns.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #34
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Right back at you buddy.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
So are you saying it's not a fun atmosphere without swings and a jungle gym? It's Carolina FOOTBALL! It's 2001! It's the beast board! It's the band! It's Sandstorm! It's the SEC. It's Clemson - Carolina. We don't any friggin playground! If you want to go to a playground than take your kids toa playground, if you want to take them to a Carolina football game then take them to a Carolina football game, but do your as job as a parent and get them to sit down and behave themselves or if you can't do that than don't go.
1. It was a tongue in cheek response
2. You are aware this is a baseball thread right?
Old 01-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Red Rooster you've been bothering me for a long time with your posts always being negative, I agree with whoever said they hope you have kids all around you annoying you during any sporting event you go to.. You are probably a creep just fantasizing about drunk college girls all day from the looks of this thread
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

It's funny how posters on here are complaining that kids taken to the game shouldn't need a playground, that they should be able to focus on the baseball games for entertainment.....when it's the posters themselves that are focusing on the aesthetics of the playground, instead of focusing on the baseball games....

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #38
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
It's funny how posters on here are complaining that kids taken to the game shouldn't need a playground, that they should be able to focus on the baseball games for entertainment.....when it's the posters themselves that are focusing on the aesthetics of the playground, instead of focusing on the baseball games....

You should have as few distractions as possible at a baseball game because a foul ball can go out there knock a kid or someone not paying attention in the head. And you are going to have kids running around out trying to catch the balls running into playground equipment.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #39
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

I think they plan to put a net around it .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #40
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate;
but you don't see jungle gyms at Williams Brice, or the CLA, it's a baseball stadium not amusement park
Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a slight difference in the pace of baseball vs football and basketball...heck I was in my 20's before I was willing to watch a whole baseball game on TV, if I wasn't playing or at the game it was too slow paced. This coming from a guy who enjoys a drawn out well developed plot in a movie over a fast paced "shoot'em up" action flick.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote