CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
Regalcock
ReadR00ster
MWard
GarnetSwarm1990
WeStillOwnUSC
PvtWarlick
Spurticus
Cockypantherfan
DBjr
Sidney Rice Retiring (821)
watching the Alabama (691)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (545)
A good friend of min (454)
Dan Patrick Show - P (404)
ESPN Insider (341)
Phil Steele's Colleg (282)
Pictures of older Co (270)
A Clowney Spotting? (179)
Places to eat in Con (176)
Georgia Defensive returni
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
watching the Alabama vs T
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 - Christian Pellage
Ace suspended 4 games
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas

Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

sportz is serious place for serious people
Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #42
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We're not running a Chuckie Cheese for your kids, you're lucky they even let them in. You chose to have them, they should be your problem not mine. We should be trying to keep our grounds as classy as possible.
U mad bro?

This is now my favorite thread on Cockytalk in a long time. Let's keep this going, I've got my popcorn now.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #43
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

All this fuss over an area that will be dominated by kids.

I don't see the problem. Ticket Sales generate revenue. Revenue generates income. Income generates cash. Cash (among other things) is what is used to build all these nice things people want around this university. If this damn play ground helps keep families coming, or even increases the chances that a family would come, then damn be it, I'm for it!

You're missing the big picture here, when complaining about the "aesthetics" of our stadium, or "old time" baseball. First off - there is no awards committee that goes around and gives an award out for stadiums. If this damn 60ft-40ft (approx) square with a slide in the middle of it takes away from everything else at this stadium SO MUCH that you think our stadium is hideous now, well I nor anyone here can help change your opinion on that matter. If you think that this takes away from "old time" baseball, well, you obviously have missed the changes coming now.

Deadspin regularly writes articles about not only women, not only children, but MEN who do things such as; Read, Sleep, Play Games, etc. all during games. Baseball is not the same as in was in the 70's. The atmosphere around the stadium isn't the same either. We can stop trying to take it back there, because to get it back to that point will take way more than removing a playground from the stadium.

Obviously there are people who don't want this damn thing. But with that said, there are a lot of PRO's that go with it too. Also, those of you without kids on here shouldn't be talking about "parenting skills"...like you have some?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #44
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
So are you saying it's not a fun atmosphere without swings and a jungle gym? It's Carolina FOOTBALL! It's 2001! It's the beast board! It's the band! It's Sandstorm! It's the SEC. It's Clemson - Carolina. We don't any friggin playground! If you want to go to a playground than take your kids toa playground, if you want to take them to a Carolina football game then take them to a Carolina football game, but do your as job as a parent and get them to sit down and behave themselves or if you can't do that than don't go.
Hey there big fella, it's actually Carolina Baseball. Here, I've got a picture for you to illustrate it, in case these words frighten and confuse you. We're talking about this:

Not this:

Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #45
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Seems like it. Seems like I walked into Chuckie Cheese now a days. Some people think we should cater to kids, but they don't like the drinking and drunk people. If I had a choice between drunk college chicks all dolled up and rugrats, I am definitely all-in for team "drunk college chicks."
Have you ever actually been to Carolina Stadium? I'm not sure you have.

Because if you had ever attended a game at our fine ballpark, you would be aware of the fact that they don't serve alcohol there, so there is no "drinking" at our baseball games.* The NCAA is kind of particular about that.

* Yes, I am aware that alcohol is served on the second level in the boxes. I've actually been up there a few times and had some. It's quite wonderful.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #46
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
So are you saying it's not a fun atmosphere without swings and a jungle gym? It's Carolina FOOTBALL! It's 2001! It's the beast board! It's the band! It's Sandstorm! It's the SEC. It's Clemson - Carolina. We don't any friggin playground! If you want to go to a playground than take your kids toa playground, if you want to take them to a Carolina football game then take them to a Carolina football game, but do your as job as a parent and get them to sit down and behave themselves or if you can't do that than don't go.
Well, they don't have to, because there is a play ground at the baseball stadium, and it's staying.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #47
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You should have as few distractions as possible at a baseball game because a foul ball can go out there knock a kid or someone not paying attention in the head. And you are going to have kids running around out trying to catch the balls running into playground equipment.
You are an idiot
Old 01-26-2014, 01:25 AM   #48
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post
I never thought I would write this kind of post.

Question for everyone criticizing the playground: Do you even have kids, bro?

I've been going to USC Baseball games since it was at the Sarge. Since then, I've gotten married, and now I have a 2 year old son. He's not able to sit still for a whole baseball game, but I took him to a few games last year.

This playground area is going to be great for him. We can watch the game a little, go play some, come back to our seats and watch the game some more.

USC is adding a playground to make the place more family-friendly. If you don't have a family, fine. You should actually be happy that the little kids will be elsewhere, rather than crying and whining in the seats behind you.

For all of you who were saying "I used to watch the games when I was little", you probably didn't watch the games when you were 2-4 years old. Heaven forbid we put something in the stadium that makes it more family friendly, though, right?
The ballpark is no place for children.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #49
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
We're not running a Chuckie Cheese for your kids, you're lucky they even let them in. You chose to have them, they should be your problem not mine. We should be trying to keep our grounds as classy as possible.
This is pretty much how I feel about it. Too many people expect the world to bend over backwards for them because they have children, as if their children were forced upon them by something beyond their control.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 AM   #50
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
This is pretty much how I feel about it. Too many people expect the world to bend over backwards for them because they have children, as if their children were forced upon them by something beyond their control.
Are you and Rooster conspiring to make the same idiotic statements or is it completely random?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 AM   #51
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well first off, you're not running a freaking thing, so your first problem is solved. Secondly, has anyone EVER asked you to take care of their children for them at any sporting event? I highly doubt it, so they arent your problem, which means problem 2 is solved.

Problem three, adding a playground for children is actually a pretty classy move by the University, so your third problem is solved. Now shut up.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:53 AM   #52
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
You have no clue sir ! The ballpark is where our we find our first love, IN OUR YOUTH.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #53
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a slight difference in the pace of baseball vs football and basketball...heck I was in my 20's before I was willing to watch a whole baseball game on TV, if I wasn't playing or at the game it was too slow paced. This coming from a guy who enjoys a drawn out well developed plot in a movie over a fast paced "shoot'em up" action flick.
Okay so, go to a baseball game to watch baseball, if you want a jungle gym take your kids to the park, heck throw the baseball with them there, but I just don't see the need for stuff to keep the kids attention, it isn't like you will be able to watch the game much more, you still have to focus on your kid.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:20 AM   #54
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

I don't understand how some people are getting so upset over something that will not affect them at all.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #55
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
I don't understand how some people are getting so upset over something that will not affect them at all.
I don't understand why some people are getting so upset because people disagree with them. On both sides
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #56
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

This thread is ridiculous.

It's a damn playground. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't go to the games.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #57
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
This thread is ridiculous.

It's a damn playground. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't go to the games.
But if you do come, DEFINITELY DONT BRING YOUR KIDS! A family friendly sporting event is no place for Children!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #58
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Maybe those who don't like it should tell Ray while his kids are playing on it sometime.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #59
GarnetSwarm1990
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
You are kidding me right???? How do you think most people get interested in baseball? By watching it as kids. Taking your son to a baseball game is the ultimate father son bonding time.

On of my favorite memories as a kid was going to The Sarge to watch my first Gamecock game. I already loved baseball but watching that game as a 7 year old made it my dream to play for Coach Tanner in a Gamecocks uniform. (granted it never happened but still).

I don't have a problem with having a playground except for 1 thing. Kids need supervision and if a father takes his son and the kid wants to play on the playground then the dad would need to go watch him (we're talking about a 4-8 year old here people) if for other reason than to just so the kid won't get lost trying to get back to his seat. But other than that, for those of you on here expecting a 6 year old kid to sit and watch a 9 inning baseball game for 3+ hours has never been around young children. You are lucky if they get through 3 innings before zoning out.

Having somewhere for those kids to burn some energy and have some fun is a great thing.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #60
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

See, some of you guys don't get it. One of the reasons why I went to U-Dub is because when I was 7 years old, I went to a Stanford/Washington football game.. I Loved it... I'm sure many if you went to a Carolina game as a child, and you became instantly hooked.

Some of y'all don't think kids belong at games? That's sad.