CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
PageUSC
ACPhilson
The Yancey
l^l^lBGCock
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1194)
4th & 1 Play (1153)
Kentucky prediction (1000)
Just Booked my Hotel (895)
So What? (539)
Bad Week For Upstate (406)
Best position coach (370)
Jeopardy: USC and th (353)
Travis Bell's Photos (300)
No Smoking at UGA Ga (232)
The New Idea That'll Fix
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Best position coach or co
QB Recruiting Strategy
So What?
4th & 1 Play
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
What fish do you eat
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown

Old 01-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #61
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Anyone saying kids don't belong in ballparks is only saying that because they had a terrible childhood and were deprived of the same thing. Saying kids don't belong in a ballpark is just stupid
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #62
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

In case anyone is worried about it, there will be some kind of safety net to prevent random foul balls from striking non-paying attention kids...
Old 01-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #63
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 400
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

I was there today. There is nothing wrong with the playground. It is not garish, it is not some out of place monstrosity, and certainly doesn't take a thing away from the atmosphere. Anybody complaining is the type of person who just looks for something negative say. Shocking, coming from me.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #64
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Anyone saying kids don't belong in ballparks is only saying that because they had a terrible childhood and were deprived of the same thing. Saying kids don't belong in a ballpark is just stupid
I was taken to countless football and baseball games as a kid.

Ya know what I did at those games? I watched the game.

I did have a jungle-gym at home though.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #65
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post

Sure you did.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #66
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Sure you did.
I did.

My dad took me to baseball games and I was into the game and the players and the sport, which is why I like it today.

Parents who need wifi and jungle gyms to compensate for the bad parenting that has left their kids with so much ADD that they can't enjoy a baseball game, and let their brats run amok in sports stadiums and tell everyone else to "get over it", are assholes who need to be sterilized and have their kids taken away by child protective services, and charged with neglect.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #67
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I did.

My dad took me to baseball games and I was into the game and the players and the sport, which is why I like it today.

Parents who need wifi and jungle gyms to compensate for the bad parenting that has left their kids with so much ADD that they can't enjoy a baseball game, and let their brats run amok in sports stadiums and tell everyone else to "get over it", are assholes who need to be sterilized and have their kids taken away by child protective services, and charged with neglect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post

I'm sure that you both remember every game you went to when you were 3, 4 or even 5. I'm sure you both payed attention 100% of the time and were never bored during a game either. I bet you could both actually post statistical reports of all those games you went to too since you paid so much attention. (sarcasm)

We're talking about a freakin' playground that will be dominated by young girls, and boys who would be sitting there twittling their thumbs wanting more food, and people watching more than watching games. I'm not seeing the huge fuss about it.

It's a playground...for KIDS...and adults are acting like it takes away from THEM watching the game....
Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #68
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

We're talking about a freakin' playground that will be dominated by young girls, and boys who would be sitting there twittling their thumbs wanting more food, and people watching more than watching games. I'm not seeing the huge fuss about it.
If they're too young to enjoy the game and they are whining about food and twiddling their thumbs getting antsy, then they need to be home with a sitter.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #69
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
If they're too young to enjoy the game and they are whining about food and twiddling their thumbs getting antsy, then they need to be home with a sitter.
Okay? That's a decision made by the parents. So shouldn't you be complaining at the PARENTS of these kids, and not the idea of the playground?
Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #70
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Okay? That's a decision made by the parents. So shouldn't you be complaining at the PARENTS of these kids, and not the idea of the playground?
EXACTLY.

The playground is simply capitulation that the athletic program knows there's nothing we can do about these parents, so we might as well take their money while they make the game experience miserable for everybody else.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #71
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
EXACTLY.

The playground is simply capitulation that the athletic program knows there's nothing we can do about these parents, so we might as well take their money while they make the game experience miserable for everybody else.
Okay, so we agree on that. Then why are arguing over the idea of the playground?

It's supply and demand. If there were no kids running around, there would be no playground. But there are. I don't understand how they make the game miserable for anyone else, though.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #72
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
I don't understand how they make the game miserable for anyone else, though.
Come on man
Old 01-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #73
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Come on man
I really don't. If you could help me see how this playground ruins the game experience for everyone else I might. But 90%, if not more, of fans won't even notice this playground when watching the game.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #74
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
I really don't. If you could help me see how this playground ruins the game experience for everyone else I might. But 90%, if not more, of fans won't even notice this playground when watching the game.
Well I don't know if they will or not. But the point is, we wouldn't have the need for the playground if people would take their kids to see a baseball game, and not take them somewhere so they can run amuck simply because the parents are so moronic that they can't teach their child why they're there in the first place. Spend time with your kids and teach them about the game of baseball and bond with your kids. And if they are under the age of understanding why they are there, then get a sitter. But don't subject the whole place to your whims just because you think it's fun to bring a 2-year-old to a baseball game.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #75
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Well I don't know if they will or not. But the point is, we wouldn't have the need for the playground if people would take their kids to see a baseball game, and not take them somewhere so they can run amuck simply because the parents are so moronic that they can't teach their child why they're there in the first place. Spend time with your kids and teach them about the game of baseball and bond with your kids. And if they are under the age of understanding why they are there, then get a sitter. But don't subject the whole place to your whims just because you think it's fun to bring a 2-year-old to a baseball game.
Nailed it.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #76
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Sure you did.
Hey I don't know what sort of attention spans your children have, but don't sell everyone else short.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #77
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

I just think, and this is simply my opinion (I'm not saying you're wrong, because you have a valid argument), that people without children and people who aren't going to be around the area where the playground is located (which is upwards of atleast 95% of fans) aren't going to be effected by this new installment.

You're taking those "annoying, stubborn" kids and removing them from the seating, and putting them in a playground where the can do something other than be forced to come to a game by their "moronic" parents. Their parents will be removed (most likely) from their seating to probably standing in the concourse or around the berm to watch the game/keep an eye on their children.

Basically what has happened is, since parents refuse to get babysitters for their kids, they've brought the daycare in a form of a playground, to the stadium. I'm just not seeing how this impacts anyone who goes to the games and doesn't sit on the berm or stand around that general area. That's most of the people in the stadium. Those of you with seats, or that like to stand on the railing in right field won't be impacted by this installment. If anything, it helps by removing those annoying kids who don't pay attention and would rather play in the playground.

This is a new generation of parents we're talking about. They're no better or worse than your generation, or your parents generation of parenting. In our generations our parents might have forced us to come to games, but most of the time we enjoyed them. I remember countless games I went to where I had no care in the world about what happened or who won, and I'd sit with dad or mom and not be in a playground. But that was our generation. This is a new one, and this new one includes options. Kids now-a-days have options to sit and watch, or do something else. It's a growing pain, and in 30 years there might be something different! Playgrounds might be gone by them, or there might be something different, even more removed from the actual game.

It's weird to you, and I. But just because it's different doesn't make it wrong.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #78
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
I just think, and this is simply my opinion (I'm not saying you're wrong, because you have a valid argument), that people without children and people who aren't going to be around the area where the playground is located (which is upwards of atleast 95% of fans) aren't going to be effected by this new installment.

You're taking those "annoying, stubborn" kids and removing them from the seating, and putting them in a playground where the can do something other than be forced to come to a game by their "moronic" parents. Their parents will be removed (most likely) from their seating to probably standing in the concourse or around the berm to watch the game/keep an eye on their children.

Basically what has happened is, since parents refuse to get babysitters for their kids, they've brought the daycare in a form of a playground, to the stadium. I'm just not seeing how this impacts anyone who goes to the games and doesn't sit on the berm or stand around that general area. That's most of the people in the stadium. Those of you with seats, or that like to stand on the railing in right field won't be impacted by this installment. If anything, it helps by removing those annoying kids who don't pay attention and would rather play in the playground.

This is a new generation of parents we're talking about. They're no better or worse than your generation, or your parents generation of parenting. In our generations our parents might have forced us to come to games, but most of the time we enjoyed them. I remember countless games I went to where I had no care in the world about what happened or who won, and I'd sit with dad or mom and not be in a playground. But that was our generation. This is a new one, and this new one includes options. Kids now-a-days have options to sit and watch, or do something else. It's a growing pain, and in 30 years there might be something different! Playgrounds might be gone by them, or there might be something different, even more removed from the actual game.

It's weird to you, and I. But just because it's different doesn't make it wrong.
You know what man? I think it's perfectly okay to say that it's wrong. Sorry you don't, but I think it's okay to say that obnoxious people who bring their screaming 2-year olds to baseball games and expect (1) everyone to put up with it, or (2) a playground to be built for the purpose of baby sitting because they're too fcking stupid to either get a sitter or TEACH THE KID ABOUT BASEBALL is wrong.

It's not "different", it's not "a new generation", it's not "new conveniences", it's wrong. Keep the kid at home or spend time teaching him/her about the game.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #79
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Enabling.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #80
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Money is the motive...so if you want to call it enabling, do so. If there is a noticeable drop off in attendance because of the "abundance of kids" then I guarantee they get rid of it.

Other wise, learn to deal with it, because this is a change that has been happening for years now. Multiple parks, major leagues and collegiate, of many sports have been installing new "kid-oriented" sections.

I understand the complaints of annoying kids. People deal with them everywhere. In the mall, on airplanes, at sporting events, etc. etc. Sure, Carolina is now enabling this by building a kid-oriented segment of the stadium. But you dealt with them before this was built at games, why is it automatically such a big deal now! Now that these kids have something to do other than sit around you being annoying they can go somewhere else in the stadium to do it!

I understand the view of kids, and their parents, and all that. I don't understand how this impacts YOU, those of you without kids, or those of that don't sit/stand in that general area. For those of you that sit down the third base line, or in the bleachers, or even near the home duggout, how does this damn playground impact YOU?

It doesn't! If kids were annoying you in your seats last year, guess what!? It could happen again, or those kids could go to the playground and let you have some peace! That's the only options. It's not like the playground was built behind homeplate where fans had to sit! There is NO SEATING near the playground!

Also, Ray Tanner thought this was a good idea obviously, or else he wouldn't have signed off on it...