CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
CockyLifer
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
Bruce!!! (1184)
2014 Subway Classic: (835)
Kentucky is dominati (753)
**USC vs. Coker GAME (722)
Going to the Duck Bo (340)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (135)
movers, furniture do (129)
Streaming nfl games (117)
Happy Winter Solstic (80)
Cocky at the Duck Co (75)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
How Long Will The Rebuild
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Streaming nfl games
Decommitment from Texas A
Bruce!!!
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Cocky at the Duck Command

Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #101
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

It looks like a lot of UCONN fans think A'ja will be a Gamecock. I am certainly very optimistic that she will be and I really want her at USC, but I think Dawn will soon have us in multiple Final Fours, either way.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/john-a-on-wilson.51740/
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #102
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

White Coates and Wilson... would be a triangle of doom. They aren't only super stars, their games I think would complement each other. And that is just the 3 of them not to mention other great players. Mitchell, Cuevas, Duckett, Davis and Roy knocking down 3s, Sessions driving the lane.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 AM   #103
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Aja has her official visit to USC this coming weekend. We need to pack the CLA for the Mizzou game on Sunday Feb 2.

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState Jan 21 Wilson's fourth and final official visit will be to USC on Feb. 1-3
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #104
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

You know, I don't post much over in these parts, but my sister who teaches at a Columbia area high school has good teacher and coach friends at Wilson's school.. I'm not gonna go six stars and light up a cigar, but if what my sister was told holds true, she's gonna be in the Garnet and Black. I am gonna go to my first Women's Bball game this year and I know I'll be cheering for her if a chant starts, and I at least plan to make a point of it to find her and just tell her Gamecock Nation wants her.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #105
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post
Aja has her official visit to USC this coming weekend. We need to pack the CLA for the Mizzou game on Sunday Feb 2.

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState Jan 21 Wilson's fourth and final official visit will be to USC on Feb. 1-3
We need a good crowd for every game the rest of the way . This Thursday vs Ole Miss it's supposed to be cold . Hopefully any snow or ice will be gone by then . Would be a shame for the team to return from a big road win and have a pitiful little crowd . More students would be good too .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #106
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

If she comes here, it isn't a matter of if but when we get to Final Fours.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #107
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
You know, I don't post much over in these parts, but my sister who teaches at a Columbia area high school has good teacher and coach friends at Wilson's school.. I'm not gonna go six stars and light up a cigar, but if what my sister was told holds true, she's gonna be in the Garnet and Black. I am gonna go to my first Women's Bball game this year and I know I'll be cheering for her if a chant starts, and I at least plan to make a point of it to find her and just tell her Gamecock Nation wants her.
Let's start that chant at the game on Sunday. Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of her name? Is it pronounced like "Asia"? The Sunday would be the right time for the chant, since it's her "official visit" weekend, even though she's at most of our games.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #108
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

yes "Asia" is the correct pronunciation
Old 01-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #109
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Hopefully the roads will be fine and we'll have a big crowd. She's been to enough games already to know what the crowds are like though
Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #110
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

There's No Place Like Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cey3...ature=youtu.be
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #111
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Hopefully the roads will be fine and we'll have a big crowd. She's been to enough games already to know what the crowds are like though
Yes, but I bet she has also noticed the increased attendance over the last couple of years. A full house on Sunday may be a pipe dream, but I'm an optimist.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #112
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post

On Super Bowl Sunday it'll be tough

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #113
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
On Super Bowl Sunday it'll be tough
The USC game will be over by 5 and the Super Bowl doesn't start until 6:30. If somebody is a Gamecock fan, it shouldn't matter, anyway.

On another note, it will only take 1 out of 45 people in metro Columbia to put 18,000 in the CLAW on Sunday. Everyone get your friends out there.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #114
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Congrats to Aja for being selected to the 2014 McDonald's All America Game:

http://epkzone.com/2014allamericanga...eam_Roster.pdf

If Aja chooses USC, we'll be tied with UCLA for most prospects in the 2014 class to be chosen to play in the prestigious all-star game at three, with White's and Cuevas' selection as well....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #115
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 858
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Sucks Kaydra didn't get an invite. A'ja and Jatarie were locks to get theirs. I'm very happy Bianca got hers. Tells you how special a player she is and is not to be overshadowed by any if her fellow commits in this class.

JDuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #116
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Cuevas is tremendous. She is ridiculously fast, breaks ankles, a really good passer, and has no conscience from long range. Her only downside is she can be reckless sometimes. She is basically a female Brenton Williams, but passes ad handles the rock better.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #117
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Hey everybody, I understand A'ja made it to the Ole Miss game around halftime last night. If she wasn't intending on being a Gamecock, do you really think she would have made an effort to get out for just the second half of a game on a (very cold) school night? Common sense tells me no.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:10 AM   #118
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/3...-ready-to.html

Good press for the game on Sunday.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #119
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Hey everybody, I understand A'ja made it to the Ole Miss game around halftime last night. If she wasn't intending on being a Gamecock, do you really think she would have made an effort to get out for just the second half of a game on a (very cold) school night? Common sense tells me no.
My roommate went to Ben Lipen which is Heathwood's rival school, he's heard through the coaching vine she's already made her mind up to be a gamecock

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #120
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 1044445445
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
yes "Asia" is the correct pronunciation
Hopefully not a heat of the moment decision to commit to USC

OK I'll get up and go now