CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
bigdog2003
spareparts
Spurticus
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

Love offers HR speed that Scott did not. I could certainly see him as a slot WR as well. Our bigger back may just be Joe Blue. With that said David Williams is up over 210lb last I heard and I would expect he will be even bigger when the season starts.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Love offers HR speed that Scott did not. I could certainly see him as a slot WR as well. Our bigger back may just be Joe Blue. With that said David Williams is up over 210lb last I heard and I would expect he will be even bigger when the season starts.
Scott is running for more TDs in his Highlights than Love in his.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #23
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Scott is running for more TDs in his Highlights than Love in his.
I have not watched all their highlight films but Scott is nowhere near as fast as Love. I have no clue about the competition they play against. I do know Scott is more shifty than fast. Scott is a lot like Jarvis Giles with his build and play on the field.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Love is absolutely faster than Scott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHH56gJ0j64
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #25
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Love is absolutely faster than Scott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHH56gJ0j64
Saw a lot of TD's in that video ETG. That kid can fly and will play hurt.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #26
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

I will say that if Love is one of our main targets at RB for 2015, we must pair him with a kid that can run between the tackles and pass block SEC LBs/DE's. So we must find our version of "thunder" to pair will Love in the 2015 class if that is 1 of the RBs the staff is putting their focus on.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #27
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

^exactly my thoughts. I think I posted this in another thread
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #28
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I will say that if Love is one of our main targets at RB for 2015, we must pair him with a kid that can run between the tackles and pass block SEC LBs/DE's. So we must find our version of "thunder" to pair will Love in the 2015 class if that is 1 of the RBs the staff is putting their focus on.
I agree. Another Davis, Gurley, or Chubb like RB.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #29
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

We need another bruiser who can carry it 30 times & beat up D lines. I like love, but don't love love.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #30
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I'd rather just stack a mike davis or todd gurley in every class. hah. I never understood going for "speed backs". Save the spot and get another lineman or another position where its hard to find players. You can have a B talent at TB with an A OL and do just fine.

Last edited by LegalCock; 02-11-2014 at 01:13 PM.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #31
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

Yall do realize that Mike Davis and Marcus were not much different in size at the same age? I saw a lot of bigger players who tried to tackle him high get discarded as if they were nothing more than a minor nuisance. The only thing that I see that reminds me of Carson is his speed. He sees the field better and has incredible elusiveness. His acceleration is elite.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #32
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I'm not seeing much elusiveness. I am liking what I see between the tackles. But you never know from one year to the next, so maybe his junior tape will be a lot better.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #33
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

Quote:
I'm not seeing much elusiveness. I am liking what I see between the tackles. But you never know from one year to the next, so maybe his junior tape will be a lot better.
You're joking, right? There are several runs where he just outruns defenders, but on most of his runs, he is making people miss, breaking arm tackles and simply making defenders look silly...that's called elusivenesss.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #34
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Quote:

That is his junior tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #35
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Love's highlight tapes are very good. He has good burst and has good size for only being 5' 9". Elusive with good speed... and a very nice offer sheet. He would definitely be great with a bigger back as a good change of pace.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #36
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Old 01-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #37
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Nick Chubb would've been that guy gosh darnit.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:09 AM   #38
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

We need to get this guy though. Too much speed
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #39
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Junior RB Bryce Love of Wake Forest, NC has added Nebraska to his offer sheet. The Cornhuskers join Clemson, USC, North Carolina, NC State, Northwestern, Appalachian State, Tennessee, Penn State, Stanford, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Duke and Arkansas. Love’s father, Chris Love, ran track at USC. Love also has several ties to Clemson and is showing strong interest in the two Palmetto State programs.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-crucial/

Quote:
Vanderbilt is the latest to offer junior RB Bryce Love of Wake Forest, NC. The Commodores extended the offer to Love Wednesday. The Commodores are the second school to offer Love this week. Nebraska was the other. His other offers are Clemson, USC, NC State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke, Appalachian State, Penn State, Ohio State, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, East Carolina, Northwestern, Stanford, Tennessee and Virginia Tech. Love does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...defensive-end/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-31-2014 at 12:49 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #40
bcolinc
4-Star

Male

bcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spursbcolinc has earned his spurs

I will totally disagree with the slot receiver talk. That's just me personally. The kid is a RB all the way. He doesn't do too much or have that flashy spin move like Mike Davis had in high school. But after watching his highlight film it's even more apparent that he knows where to make cuts and follow the first line of blockers. After that, he just hits the turbo button and says see ya later. Once he gains 10 or so lbs, why the hell wouldn't anyone want this kid running the ball for us?