CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2762)
2014 Preseason USA T (1294)
Anyone heard anythin (913)
Ranking the SEC Fema (824)
Future Non-Conferenc (653)
Spurrier on the cove (445)
What Would You Do? (411)
Ranking the SEC scho (327)
Kewl video (282)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (240)
Elcid99
Tupelo Honey Cafe
Cheap jersey and very nic
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Future Non-Conference Sch
Anyone heard anything abo
2015 - Albert Huggins
Re-Airing South Carolina
An Aggies View of the Mat
What ever happened to Phi

Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 AM   #81
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Everybody complaining about having kids at the ballpark, you do realize EVERY major league stadium has some kind of area that kids can go and be entertained.

So if its good enough for major league teams to have, then why the hell are you complaining?

If ya'll are b*tching about it this much now then where was all the complaining before they put in a playground and the kids had to sit in their seats the whole game?

And those of you who claim to have paid attention to the whole game as a small child you are flat out lying or you have the worst memory ever. No kid under 9-10 has the attention span to pay attention to a 3+ hour slow moving baseball game. Hell 50% of adults can even do it.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:50 AM   #82
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

What? I've been going to games since I was 12 I think. I remember games clearly in 2001-2002. I was 12 in 2001. Now I totally agree kids need their own interactive areas and other interactive stuff throughout the game, but kids 100% belong at games. As my favorite show Breaking Bad famously quotes - "Hearts and minds, right? Win them young and they'll be yours forever."

Having kids at games is important for the future of the program, as silly and cliche as it may sound. Those are the kids that will end up being die-hard fans as students, and down the road some of THOSE kids will become boosters.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #83
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Call me old school, but when I went to the game as a wee kid, It was to watch baseball...not play on a playground.
I have very fond memories of sliding down the hill at The Sarge (where the Roost is now) on cardboard, and running around outside the outfield and peaking through the fence to watch games :).

The difference is that was 30 years ago. Today you can't let your kids out of your sight for fear someone will kidnap or worse. Like it or not, the playground is there. There is nothing you can do about it.

I guess I'm lucky...Little Man went to his first game at The Sarge (Clemson 2008) about 6 weeks before his 3rd birthday. Sat on Poppi's lap the entire time, watching the game. He was completely enthralled with the happenings on the field. Of course, I had already planned that if he got antsy I would leave and we'd PLT it for the game. He has sat through too many games to count since then.

Last edited by USCBatgirl21; 01-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #84
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I did.

My dad took me to baseball games and I was into the game and the players and the sport, which is why I like it today.

Parents who need wifi and jungle gyms to compensate for the bad parenting that has left their kids with so much ADD that they can't enjoy a baseball game, and let their brats run amok in sports stadiums and tell everyone else to "get over it", are assholes who need to be sterilized and have their kids taken away by child protective services, and charged with neglect.

Well thanks for sharing your intelligent and thoughtful comment with the rest of us.

First, the jungle gym doesn't compensate for "bad parenting". You're obviously not a parent, so I'll just chalk it up to having no idea what your talking about, rather than intentionally trying to provoke people. If I, as a parent decide to take my two and half year old son to a USC baseball game, it's to spend time with him. I'm doing it to share a love for something that I love.

However, I am a realistic person. I understand that my two and a half year old son will not sit in a chair for more than thirty minutes (regardless of where we are) at a time. Because he's little. It doesn't mean I'm a bad parent, it doesn't mean he's a bad kid. That's just the way the world works, sport.

Accordingly, because I am considerate of both my son's wants and my seat neighbors, after awhile I walk around the concourse with him a little, because walking around and looking at things is fun for him.

We'll go walk around and talk to Cocky sometimes. My son loves Cocky. That's probably one of the best parts of the whole outing for him. Giving Cocky a "high five" when you're two is a big deal. When we ask my son what he wants to name a new stuffed animal, he says "Cocky" three out of four times. So, there's more to the game than just the game. I'm not sharing the subtleties of the hit and run with him just yet, bro.

Did I ask for a jungle gym? No. Will I let my son go play on a jungle gym during the game? You bet your ass I will. And he'll have fun doing it. I'll be standing there right beside him in that area enjoying that with him, occasionally looking over to the field to watch the action.

There's more to a baseball game than just baseball. It's an experience. This jungle gym adds to the experience for those who choose to avail themselves of it. If you don't want to play on the jungle gym, that's fine. Don't. But try not to tell other people what to do, bro. It's kind of a negative character trait.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #85
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
If they're too young to enjoy the game and they are whining about food and twiddling their thumbs getting antsy, then they need to be home with a sitter.

Huh? I guess all that concession food they serve totally takes away from the enjoyment of the game, too. Right? If some d-bag wasn't chowing down on those chicken fingers and honey mustard he would have noticed the SS shift over a little indicating the wheel play was on, amirite?

People who eat food at ballgames suck, amirite? That kid shouldn't be eating ice cream out of a baseball helmet shaped cup, he should be learning about how to follow up a fastball inside with an off-speed pitch away.

Seriously sport, you're starting to make worse arguments as you go along.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #86
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
EXACTLY.

The playground is simply capitulation that the athletic program knows there's nothing we can do about these parents, so we might as well take their money while they make the game experience miserable for everybody else.
Please state (if you can) specifically how children playing on a jungle gym makes "the game experience miserable" for you. I'll wait.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #87
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post
Please state (if you can) specifically how children playing on a jungle gym makes "the game experience miserable" for you. I'll wait.

If you're going to respond sarcastically to my points of view by air-quoting "thoughtful commentary", at least have more to say back than memes.

Garbage in, garbage out, right?

By the way, I appreciate the 3 post responses in a row, but I'm married and heterosexual. (Dr. Freud would like to speak to you about your pointing out my ass.)
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #88
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Well I don't know if they will or not. But the point is, we wouldn't have the need for the playground if people would take their kids to see a baseball game, and not take them somewhere so they can run amuck simply because the parents are so moronic that they can't teach their child why they're there in the first place. Spend time with your kids and teach them about the game of baseball and bond with your kids. And if they are under the age of understanding why they are there, then get a sitter. But don't subject the whole place to your whims just because you think it's fun to bring a 2-year-old to a baseball game.
How about you don't subject little children to your illogical, emotionally based whims because you think it's fun to suck the fun out of life?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #89
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
If you're going to respond sarcastically to my points of view by air-quoting "thoughtful commentary", at least have more to say back than memes.

Garbage in, garbage out, right?

By the way, I appreciate the 3 post responses in a row, but I'm married and heterosexual. (Dr. Freud would like to speak to you about your pointing out my ass.)
I'll do this in a simple format you can understand:

1. You still haven't indicated how the children playing on a jungle gym makes "the game experience miserable". So, get on that.

2. I never referenced your sexual preference or marital status. I merely observed that you probably don't have children. (Which you haven't refuted.)

3. The pictures keep it light. It's a message board, sport, not global thermonuclear war.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #90
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Spare...
Isn't it a little early in baseball season to be getting folks all fired up?????
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #91
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Spare...
Isn't it a little early in baseball season to be getting folks all fired up?????
Well I was going to point out that your son isn't on an iPad in your avatar.

Or playing on a swing set.

Or a jungle gym.

He looks pretty proud and happy to know about the game.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #92
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Well I was going to point out that your son isn't on an iPad in your avatar.

Or playing on a swing set.

Or a jungle gym.

He looks pretty proud and happy to know about the game.
He's actually the envy of many of you...seeing as he's wearing both NC rings :).
Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #93
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

I am embarrassed and ashamed that some of the comments in this thread are made by Gamecock 'fans'.

WOW!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #94
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
I am embarrassed and ashamed that some of the comments in this thread are made by Gamecock 'fans'.

WOW!
I don't think anyone's opinion on this topic, one way or the other, diminishes or bolsters their status as a Gamecock fan.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #95
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Just learn to be like me and not think much of anyone's opinion. When you start wondering about what others think, you're bound to be disappointed.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #96
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
I don't think anyone's opinion on this topic, one way or the other, diminishes or bolsters their status as a Gamecock fan.
It doesn't affect their status as a Gamecock fan as you pointed out, but it could/does affect their status as a caring person.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #97
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

It's an opinion, so what
Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #98
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's an opinion, so what
If it's not a fact, you shouldn't post it.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #99
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
It doesn't affect their status as a Gamecock fan as you pointed out, but it could/does affect their status as a caring person.
Oh, yeah. I'm sure everyone who doesn't want an ugly playground in the ballpark instead of the perfectly functional Gamecock-themed bounce castle the kids have been using the past few years is completely devoid of human empathy.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #100
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's an opinion, so what
It is an opinion, but when you've been asked repeatedly to explain how a kid playing on a playground makes the game miserable for everyone else, and you refuse to answer, you kind of bring all of it against yourself.

I'm sure the fans sitting in sections 8 and 9 will be so miserable that kids are playing on the playset 280 feet away...or even those sitting in like section 17. Gah, they won't even be able to see the kids really, but they will be miserable, I guarantee it.