CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
b381l
HeadCockFan
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
How did we not make it.
Our Road Upset Wins
Thoughts on the basketbal
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
No easy road for our offe
Garber vs Klinsmann round

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #15741
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4557200
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Bo Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Is this breaking news or just a gut feeling? Do you have a source? I'm not seeing anything online.
I think we offered him as a preferred walk-on.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #15742
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
UF and UMD are the only ones who haven't changed in recent weeks. There is a reason he is keeping them in there and for me it's just a hunch based on what I've read on here and other places.
Well then our coaches did a miserable job of explaining why he should come here. Unless if the kids goal is to play for a bad team and start immediately then we can't do anything about that. He'd definitely redshirt here. Our coaches can't compete against a good starting rotation when dealing with a kid who is either impatient or scared of competition.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #15743
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Well then our coaches did a miserable job of explaining why he should come here. Unless if the kids goal is to play for a bad team and start immediately then we can't do anything about that. He'd definitely redshirt here. Our coaches can't compete against a good starting rotation when dealing with a kid who is either impatient or scared of competition.
Boom.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #15744
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Boom.
I'm not saying thAt is the situation.

"Head coach stability for a better team with an OL coach that Bama and the Steelers wanted" (pretty easy pitch and one I'm pretty sure out coaches made)

The kid seems to care about starting and not stability or winning. Which is why it would seem he stays close to home which I can't fault him. If he goes to UF them something weird is going on.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #15745
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Skill positions in the past 2 signing classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I do think it is possible for Wilds, likely for Davis. I think we'll do just as we did this year - run when it's working, pass when it isn't and make those adjustments in-game. We should have been able to run against Clemson, but they crowded the line (as in several of their games) and we beat them with passes and QB runs. Tennessee stacked and dared us to beat them through the air, but our passing game was off, and Conner just couldn't escape the pressure (plus fumbles). We should have the weapons offensively to adjust and score points. Nosovitch is a good running/passing QB if the defense dictates it. Dylan can run some, especially in zone read and draw situations - he's just no Connor. Mitch should be developing, but as more of a shotgun throwing threat. I expect a lot of pistol next year with the multiple running styles our tailbacks have:
Davis: Great cutter, good speed, good power, elusive, good vision.
Wilds: Good power and lean, very good speed, straight-ahead guy.
Carson: Excellent burst, very good speed, straight-line runner, not powerful.
Williams: Excellent speed, good cutter, excellent vision, elusive.

Imagine Williams or Davis out of the pistol, able to pick a hole or bounce outside. If Wilds or Carson get past the second level on inside zone plays, either could be gone. Davis or Wilds out of the I with a Hback or FB blocker in short yardage. I hope Spurrier loves the run and the OL makes it sweet. If we can run it well, our passing game should be set up nicely.
From what I have seen Davis is faster than Wilds, but other than that I agree :)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #15746
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Based on this Phil Kornblut update from 3 days ago, it would appear that the greyshirt offer we made in the fall still stands. There is no mention of it being reduced to a preferred walk-on offer. Who the heck knows until an announcement of some sort is made...

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/140129747
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #15747
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Those are your words not mine. I'm not sure that we were ever really in it with him once Tabor went to an east coast school. But a few posters said some things that got everyone's hopes up. Like I said it's just a hunch, I have no contacts or inside knowledge just observations.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #15748
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
From what I have seen Davis is faster than Wilds, but other than that I agree :)
Wilds has faster timed 40's (4.47 vs 4.58 timed here), but he can't cut or fake much. Davis is fast, accelerates quickly and seems much more elusive.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #15749
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Based on this Phil Kornblut update from 3 days ago, it would appear that the greyshirt offer we made in the fall still stands. There is no mention of it being reduced to a preferred walk-on offer. Who the heck knows until an announcement of some sort is made...

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/140129747
So when is he going to announce? Anyone know?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #15750
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

In a perfect world, if you have a 24 player class, 12 would be on offense and defense. The 12 on offense would be 5 OL and 7 skill players....1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE......7 skill players out of 24 is 29%. 29% of 39 (Vonashek left) players is 11. So we are 1 short in each class. So it doesn't look like we're that far off.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #15751
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If this guy was really worth an offer, we'd offer him and not Scarnecchia.
He costs us nothing. We can have roster of 105 including walk ons. We've got at least 3 other preferred walk ons coming this summer too.....all of them good players.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #15752
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Keep in mind that a recruit once chose a school because of a Chik-Fil-A. Another chose it due to a $180,000 donation to a church. Another chose a school because they sent a girl to his game and he got laid. Another recently chose a school that creates non-existent classes for football and stated that academics were the reason he picked the school.

Trying to understand why an 18 year old male makes ANY choice is a sure way to stress yourself out.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #15753
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He doesn't care about anything other than immediate playing time. You have to realize some of these kids don't worry about winning in college. Their major is the NFL and they want a 3 year degree in it.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #15754
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Prince can go to UMD and have a marginal shot at beating out the 2 Jr OT's they have as returning starters. It' a lot better shot than beating out our OT's or uf's. Good for him, he's going to be a HUGE fish in that small pond and in few years and a couple HC's, he can go pro and get paid.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 01-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #15755
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I know some people pretty close to his recruitment, it's about a 90% chance he plays for the Garnet and Black. He and Scarnecchia are real hidden gems. We can definitely focus on just one QB next year (a top QB) and recruit tons and tons of OL and RB
Old 01-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #15756
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Darrius Caldwell

well Darius English, step up son
Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #15757
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Darrius Caldwell

Any chance the SEC lets this rule slide for a special case like Caldwell's? He couldn't spend 3 semesters at a Juco if he wanted to because he was already a sophomore when he got there.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #15758
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Chances are we won't see SixStars again for a couple years. Then he'll resurface, give a cigar smiley and everyone will go crazy.
Six Stars said that was his prediction as of the day he made the prediction. He specifically stated that things could easily change in Prince's recruitment, as opposed to Lammons, who he was/is very sure is picking USC. In case you don't know who that is, he is a 4 star CB who just decommitted from your school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Don't you have somewhere else to be? Trolling the regular message board is one thing but coming into the recruiting forum is another. Can't remember if you're tater or gator but either way it's pretty sad.
He is a gator who can't get over the fact that they have lost three of the last four years to us, and are the fifth most relevant team in the East behind us, UGA, Mizzou, and Vandy.

^required reading in the South
Old 01-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #15759
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

I have a feeling that we are not really out of it, and that this is some misdirection. I have nothing to base this off of, just a hunch.

^required reading in the South
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #15760
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Remember when we used to get all those wideouts and get our asses kicked? I personally like signing highly sought after lineman, defensive preferably. They're more athletic and can be converted to OL if it doesn't work out because were rolling so deep.
Closed Thread