CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2803)
how has more ESPN an (1535)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1079)
Gamecock Legacy recr (758)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (495)
22 ways to annoy peo (384)
$15 home AC (361)
Hope Springs Eternal (294)
Why sports will alwa (253)
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #221
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Bo Baldwin

Dude is a Gamecock
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #222
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Dude is a Gamecock
Is this breaking news or just a gut feeling? Do you have a source? I'm not seeing anything online.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #223
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 750250
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Is this breaking news or just a gut feeling? Do you have a source? I'm not seeing anything online.
I think we offered him as a preferred walk-on.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #224
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly

Based on this Phil Kornblut update from 3 days ago, it would appear that the greyshirt offer we made in the fall still stands. There is no mention of it being reduced to a preferred walk-on offer. Who the heck knows until an announcement of some sort is made...

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/140129747
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #225
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Based on this Phil Kornblut update from 3 days ago, it would appear that the greyshirt offer we made in the fall still stands. There is no mention of it being reduced to a preferred walk-on offer. Who the heck knows until an announcement of some sort is made...

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/140129747
So when is he going to announce? Anyone know?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #226
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If this guy was really worth an offer, we'd offer him and not Scarnecchia.
He costs us nothing. We can have roster of 105 including walk ons. We've got at least 3 other preferred walk ons coming this summer too.....all of them good players.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #227
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I know some people pretty close to his recruitment, it's about a 90% chance he plays for the Garnet and Black. He and Scarnecchia are real hidden gems. We can definitely focus on just one QB next year (a top QB) and recruit tons and tons of OL and RB
Old 01-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #228
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I know some people pretty close to his recruitment, it's about a 90% chance he plays for the Garnet and Black. He and Scarnecchia are real hidden gems. We can definitely focus on just one QB next year (a top QB) and recruit tons and tons of OL and RB
If we give Baldwin a greyshirt, he gets a scholarship in 2015 -- in essence making him a part of next year's class (although he would have already used a redshirt year by then). If this happens, I think it's entirely possible we don't sign a QB in next year's class.

The truth is, we are not in the mix for any "top" or elite QBs in the class of 2015. We have offered Kelly Bryant who is a 4-star with Rivals (3-star with most other sites), but most experts project he'll wind up at Clemson. We are not in the mix for any other quarterback with a 4-star rating or better, at least not at this point...although it is still early enough to jump in the mix with one, theoretically.

Considering the youth of Nosovitch and Mitch (as well as Scarnecchia and potentially Baldwin), I'm somewhat okay with this. (Next year's class is going to be stellar, whether it includes a quarterback or not, because we ARE in the mix for many elite players at other positions.) It will be important to land a big-time QB in 2016, though.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #229
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
...(although he would have already used a redshirt year by then).
The "5 years to play 4" clock doesn't start until he enrolls. He could still RS in '15. I hope we get him...win/win.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #230
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

let him go to Clemson
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #231
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
They like Scarnecchia better though? Because they gave a regular offer and they didn't give one to Baldwin, just a gray shirt offer.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #232
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
let him go to Clemson
Sour grapes....
Old 01-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #233
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Do yourself a favor and go watch this kid's senior highlights. He's the real deal. No offense to scarnecchia but I think Bo looks like the better prospect. Bo just played for an awful team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #234
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Great prospect but there's no doubt he's a project. I'd love to see how far GA could take him after 3 years.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #235
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Bo came in #1 at the Manning Camp. This kid played on a team with no talent. If he played at North Augusta High he would have over 5000 yards. This will be a great pickup for the gamecocks because I think one of the current QB's will leave like Tanner.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #236
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Just watched his senior highlights on YouTube. The guy moves really well, especially for such a big QB. Very fluid-like movements. Pretty good arm, but not quite as much zip as I was expecting.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #237
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

He kind of reminds me of Garcia as far as running style goes. Maybe... Blake Mitchell as a passer, not sure about that comparison as much.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #238
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Just watched his senior highlights on YouTube. The guy moves really well, especially for such a big QB. Very fluid-like movements. Pretty good arm, but not quite as much zip as I was expecting.

Must have not watched the video I did. Kid has a cannon.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #239
uscfsu23
Blue Chip

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

So why was he not offered a scholarship at a D1 program? Just curious
Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #240
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
Must have not watched the video I did. Kid has a cannon.

Here's the one I watched. To be clear, I don't think he has a weak arm at all, but after reading several folks talk about how strong (big) of an arm he has, I was simply expecting more zip on the ball when Baldwin throws it.