CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
The Yancey
GH
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #2061
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
There are tons of running backs available every year and it's one if the easiest positions to transition to from high school to college. I don't see what the fuss is about besides losing a lead.
Acting like nothing is wrong when losing out on a top 4 star back is kind of funny. We aren't UF or UGA and can just say, " o well, onto the next 4 star RB". I agree we may be able to get one in 2015. But we need to start landing these guys on a more consistent basis.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #2062
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Acting like nothing is wrong when losing out on a top 4 star back is kind of funny. We aren't UF or UGA and can just say, " o well, onto the next 4 star RB". I agree we may be able to get one in 2015. But we need to start landing these guys on a more consistent basis.

THANK YOU!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one around here turning a blind eye to the failures of our recruiting. No reason Clemson should be doing better than us year in and year out.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #2063
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

It's that time of year again, people who don't really post in the Proving Grounds coming in and bi+ching about our class. I am ready for signing day to come and go just to the cries and moaners leave for another year.

Anyway another strong class coming in, top 5 last year, the future is bright, even if people are blind to see it.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #2064
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post

We've stacked four star tailbacks in the last several classes. The kid from philly, carson and davis were all four star tailbacks, if memory serves. Once davis is a heisman finalist it will be even easier to keep it rolling at that position. I do not like losing a kid from havelock though. Wonder if that has anything to do with coach lawing not being around anymore.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #2065
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
THANK YOU!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one around here turning a blind eye to the failures of our recruiting. No reason Clemson should be doing better than us year in and year out.

Yeah, and how has that worked out for them on the field. JFC, some of you are quite looney.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #2066
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Yeah, and how has that worked out for them on the field.

Doesn't matter how it worked out for them. It matters how it would work for us had we been able to land the talent they have. Our coaches knows how to "coach em' up." Dabo and company don't.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #2067
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Doesn't matter how it worked out for then. It matters how it would work for us had we been able to land the talent they have.
LOL. This is just a dumb comment. The talent we have landed has been better, the wins on the field, prove this. The daft picks prove this.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #2068
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
LOL. This is just a dumb comment. The talent we have landed has been better, the wins on the field, prove this. The daft picks prove this.

It went straight over your head. Nice way to take what I said out of context.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #2069
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
There are tons of running backs available every year and it's one if the easiest positions to transition to from high school to college. I don't see what the fuss is about besides losing a lead.

This

I wonder if this board would have had the same meltdown over not getting this 4 star back if a few years back we had lost that "only" three star back Brandon Wilds. Wasn't much enthusiasm over him on he board then, but i wouldnt trade him for Scott. There's lots of running backs out there every year that can contribute right away.

If I'm a high school player, using 18 year old logic, there is no way I'm coming here with the backs we have on the roster. If I'm a cornerback, I'm looking hard at us. If Wilds and Davis leave next year running backs will have us at the top of their list. Remember that most recruits look at the here and now.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #2070
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
It went straight over your head. Nice way to take what I said out of context.

I guess you don't understand that the talent we have brought is has been better than theirs, the proof is in the pudding. But please continue to bi+ch, moan and complain.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #2071
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Doesn't matter how it worked out for them. It matters how it would work for us had we been able to land the talent they have. Our coaches knows how to "coach em' up." Dabo and company don't.
So let me get this straight.

You are complaining about us having less talent than Clemson.

You are saying that if we had Clemson level talent we would have had better records over the last 5 years.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #2072
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

No, what I'm saying is that if we could land the 4 & 5 stars that they get, our coaching staff would turn them into better talent than what Clemson can.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #2073
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that if we could land the 4 & 5 stars that they get, our coaching staff would turn them into better talent than what Clemson can.

LOL. Since 2009 Clem5on has had 36- 4*. Carolina 41 -4*
Since 2009 Clem5on has had 4- 5*. Carolina 2- 5*

Those 5* for Clem5on
Bellamy- BUST
Anthony- Average
Steward- average
Potkins- Lived up to the hype

Carolina's 5*
Clowney- BEAST
Lattimore- BEAST

Ave Recruiting ranking- Clem5on 18.4
Carolina 17.8

But yep, I guess Clem5on is out recruiting us.

***Used Rivals for info***
Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #2074
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

Quote:

WHAT? if we had more 4-5 stars we would be better coaches to them and they would magically propel us to many national championships like every team that manages to land 5 star athletes? Stanford, Oregon have won countless Nat. titles ....so if we can only just get those 5 star players we are guaranteed to reach the highest heights we so be all that too?
Really did Bama win it all this year? , Mich State? Ohio State?, Texas?, Oklahoma? . 5stars doesn't magically make you a better coachable college athelete....it made you a special HIGH SCHOOL athlete . Doesn't always happen in the college game, but you know that .
Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #2075
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

LIKE I SAID!

If OUR coaching staff would have landed those guys we would have turned then into better players than Dabo and company.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #2076
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
LIKE I SAID!

If OUR coaching staff would have landed those guys we would have turned then into better players than Dabo and company.

Typing in caps does not make your point, that was just proven to be a bad one, any better.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #2077
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

It's crazy because some of the top posters on here have been saying the same thing I've said for years but when C4L says it, all hell breaks loose.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #2078
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
It's crazy because some of the top posters on here have been saying the same thing I've said for years but when C4L says it, all hell breaks loose.

Like who?

USBB, C2, ETG, posters like that have a clear solid understanding of our recruiting and tend to see what is happening, as in it is improving evey year and our record show that.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #2079
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

But back to your original post about clem5on, tell me again about all those 4 *s they get that we don't....
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #2080
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

If there ae so many good backs then why did our staff only focus on 2 and lose both of them to division rivals? Seems like we should have gotten on 4 or 5 backs so we could assure ourselves of not missing out on a RB for this cycle.
Closed Thread