CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4284)
Cunningham wants to (1089)
ESPN article on Clow (640)
Clemson Georgia Game (618)
Horseshoes has been (442)
Fumble party (343)
1964 World’s Fair (232)
New Led Zep releases (129)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (125)
Truly Inspiring (102)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #121
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Joe Blue

I think Crosby will be at LB way before Blue.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #122
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Sooner the better for Crosby...don't want him behind the curb (I think he has seen what has happened to Rainey, so I'm thinking he will move to LB quickly). Blue is a beast & could mature into our version of #44 Copeland from LSU...Definately a FB.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #123
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Sooner the better for Crosby...don't want him behind the curb (I think he has seen what has happened to Rainey, so I'm thinking he will move to LB quickly). Blue is a beast & could mature into our version of #44 Copeland from LSU...Definately a FB.
Agreed
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #124
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Guys like this make it clear why I'm not a scout, because if the young man is so good as a linebacker, then why are we planning on moving him to fullback?
Our Coaches recruited this kid as a RB because they believe he can play RB. I agree he could certainly be a good LB but I see the move to RB sticking. I think Copeland, Pinnock, Bettis, are all good comparisons on what Blue could be. Also keep in mind he is a devastating blocker and I do mean devastating. He blows people up. If you have not seen this kid he is a wrecking ball and massive on his 5'10" frame.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #125
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Daccus Turman?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #126
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Raise your hand if you're looking forward to yelling, "You're my boy Blue!"
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #127
gamecockclint
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

Much bigger than Daccus Turman. Blue is a true FB who can run and block very well. He impressed me on the short yardage runs at the Shrine Bowl. He may be the most underrated player in this class.
gamecockclint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #128
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
Much bigger than Daccus Turman. Blue is a true FB who can run and block very well. He impressed me on the short yardage runs at the Shrine Bowl. He may be the most underrated player in this class.
What is scary is he is bigger, faster, and more athletic than Turman.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #129
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I'd like to see him at FB like Copeland at LSU, but I always wanna see him play a little MLB just so I can see a few of his hits. Some of his defensive highlights are downright terrifying
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #130
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think Walton would make a better RB, even more powerful if you ask me, I think Blue would make the better LB out of Walton, Crosby and Blue.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #131
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Raise your hand if you're looking forward to yelling, "You're my boy Blue!"
Name:  samsung-baby-cop-hed-2013_0.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  87.9 KB
Old 01-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #132
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think Walton would make a better RB, even more powerful if you ask me, I think Blue would make the better LB out of Walton, Crosby and Blue.

Everyone do yourself a favor and look at Walton's high school highlights. He looks like a true SEC RB. I think he'll be great at either RB or LB IMO
Old 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #133
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Everyone do yourself a favor and look at Walton's high school highlights. He looks like a true SEC RB. I think he'll be great at either RB or LB IMO
Our coaches love Walton at LB. Botkin says he is perhaps the best tackler out of the group. So I doubt u see him at RB.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #134
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Our coaches love Walton at LB. Botkin says he is perhaps the best tackler out of the group. So I doubt u see him at RB.
I agree and being we are recruiting Blue as a RB I sure don't understand the questioning of what position he will be playing. Yes they can move him but there will be no need with the depth we are building at LB.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #135
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
The staff is VERY high on Walton at LB
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #136
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Is there any way Joe plays TB rather than FB? Can he be a zone read guy?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #137
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
The staff is VERY high on Walton at LB
I am too, but he is still pretty green there. Blue I think has better defensive instincts. Either way we have options.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #138
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Walton does have good RB film from high school, but the competition he is playing against is pretty poor. LB is probably the best fit for him

Blue is an interesting prospect. Kinda reminds me of a Mike Tolbert-type back with the little strides and power. I could see him being used in short yardage situations. Frankly, I don't see the speed for him to be able to move at LB. I don't doubt that he can come in and put on serious muscle, but speed might be an issue if the staff wants to move him to LB
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #139
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
Walton does have good RB film from high school, but the competition he is playing against is pretty poor. LB is probably the best fit for him

Blue is an interesting prospect. Kinda reminds me of a Mike Tolbert-type back with the little strides and power. I could see him being used in short yardage situations. Frankly, I don't see the speed for him to be able to move at LB. I don't doubt that he can come in and put on serious muscle, but speed might be an issue if the staff wants to move him to LB
Your post is a little confusing. Linebackers don't typically have more speed than tailbacks, and Blue is in the range of most big tailbacks. He already has the build a linebacker would need, so I'm not getting the "serious muscle" comment. I will be interested to see his timed speed when he gets here, but his reported speed is quite good for an inside linebacker. He just might be a good power back for our system, but played on both sides in high school.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #140
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Joe Blue Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Seen some comparisons to Andrew Pinnock.I like the Bettis comparison also. I believe he is going to be a factor at RB. Kid is definitely a load to bring down and can run for his size.
Looks like we did get our 4* RB from this class after all...
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote