CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It

Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #921
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Bryson Allen-Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu1 View Post
Hahahaha...thanks for the laugh.
Glad you found it funny. But as others have pointed out, we've been through this before with recruits who were "100% Gamecock."

Until they weren't.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #922
Sabu1
Walk On

Male

Sabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Glad you found it funny. But as others have pointed out, we've been through this before with recruits who were "100% Gamecock."

Until they weren't.
Whatev. Believe what you want, royalle with cheese.
Sabu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #923
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Oh no. You're telling me Coach Ward is leaving too?
Spurrier won't let him go anywhere. I said that already. Spurrier would take money out of his salary to keep Ward.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #924
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

This young man gets it. His word means everything to him & his mom said, before the season, he would take his visits & once he committed that was.it....the visits would just be for him to visit places he otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Gamecock 100%
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #925
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 18m
@B_Quatro4 will join us on the show tonight at 7:13
(Thats BAW for those without twitter)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #926
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu1 View Post
Whatev. Believe what you want, royalle with cheese.
So, having an earnest conversation results in weak name calling? Cool.

I hope he sticks, as he's probably the highest-regarded commitment in this class, and he has the tools to be Norwood 2.0. I'm simply voicing my concern when two SEC rivals with significant closing abilities are hanging around a little bit longer than is making me comfortable.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #927
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
This young man gets it. His word means everything to him & his mom said, before the season, he would take his visits & once he committed that was.it....the visits would just be for him to visit places he otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Gamecock 100%

There's a difference between being very vocal about the school you like and being "Gamecock 100%". I'm on twitter, I notice what he says on there, to the media, and to other recruits. But what makes him as committed as a guy like KC Crosby or Joe Blue? You don't see them taking OV's and scheduling in-homes with other schools and making comments like "USC's still my favorite right now" or "___ gave me something to think about".

I love BAW as much as y'all do but to me he's less committed than the majority of our class right now. I think he ends up a Gamecock but his commitment level isn't on the level of the guys in our class who actually shut it down and gave meaning to the word 'commitment'. I honestly think he's about USC 75% right now judging from everything I've seen and read.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #928
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

So BAW and Green are both at Ga. this weekend. Could be really good or really bad.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #929
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
There's a difference between being very vocal about the school you like and being "Gamecock 100%". I'm on twitter, I notice what he says on there, to the media, and to other recruits. But what makes him as committed as a guy like KC Crosby or Joe Blue? You don't see them taking OV's and scheduling in-homes with other schools and making comments like "USC's still my favorite right now" or "___ gave me something to think about".

I love BAW as much as y'all do but to me he's less committed than the majority of our class right now. I think he ends up a Gamecock but his commitment level isn't on the level of the guys in our class who actually shut it down and gave meaning to the word 'commitment'. I honestly think he's about USC 75% right now judging from everything I've seen and read.

EXACTLY. Such a great point.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #930
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:

For me, red flags go up when I start seeing articles like

"______ says he remains solid for Gamecocks"
or
"____'s mom insists he is still committed to USC"

Why is an article like that even necessary if the kids is so solid and committed? Somebody with good sources is hearing things to the contrary, that's why.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #931
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
For me, red flags go up when I start seeing articles like

"______ says he remains solid for Gamecocks"
or
"____'s mom insists he is still committed to USC"

Why is an article like that even necessary if the kids is so solid and committed? Somebody with good sources is hearing things to the contrary, that's why.
See, this is another thing people are ignoring. He is having to answer questions because there are obviously questions to be answered in regards to his commitment level. Somebody clearly knows something, otherwise they wouldn't be asking him such questions.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #932
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

that may be true, but when an article is released saying that a recruit is solid to another school we as fans on a message board assume that it is true and assume the recruit isn't coming here. It can't be both ways. To me, most articles written don't have any more sources than we do and are only there to stop fans from stressing out. Our coaches know much better than any recruiting site and better than any of us how they stand with BAW, Green, etc... and will prove it by closing strong.
IMO our coaches would(and maybe they are behind the scenes) be pushing these guys not to take these visits if they were truly worried. Trust has to go both ways and this shows our coaches trust.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #933
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
that may be true, but when an article is released saying that a recruit is solid to another school we as fans on a message board assume that it is true and assume the recruit isn't coming here. It can't be both ways. To me, most articles written don't have any more sources than we do and are only there to stop fans from stressing out. Our coaches know much better than any recruiting site and better than any of us how they stand with BAW, Green, etc... and will prove it by closing strong.
IMO our coaches would(and maybe they are behind the scenes) be pushing these guys not to take these visits if they were truly worried. Trust has to go both ways and this shows our coaches trust.
Until it backfires.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #934
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

If you are listening to BAW on the radio you have got to feel extremely confident. The guy is all gamecock and even said that he thinks wes green will be a gamecock with him come next week. Great interview for those that are feeling uneasy.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #935
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

elcid99 has forgotten more about Carolina football than most of us will ever know. If he didn't think BAW was 100% Gamecock, he wouldn't post it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #936
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

Okay, did Clowney & Marcus, both silent commits at the time, take OVs? Crosby & Blue are fine players, but are they BAW...Negative. What determines whether a committed player gets the opportunity to visit other schools after he commits...how good he is- bama is the only school that I know of that makes every recruit say, WOW....I have something to think about.

Bottom line, no one is truly 100% committed until the signed LOI is received in February. We don't have a policy like a school like Texas did....you can take OVs if you are committed & BAW has & will. If he doesn't sign, then we dropped the ball. Do you guys know who he talks to or otherwise communicates with all of the darn time??? One guess, he is a coach @ Carolina-after calling Mom, he immediately called this coach.

Remember my guarantee re Shaq Roland despite his visits & people believing Coach Early's BS? How did that turn out? Well, I'm pretty much saying the same thing here-this young man will be a Gamecock!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #937
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I wish some would ban themselves till after signing day...
Old 01-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #938
airborne09
4-Star

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I think a lot of folks are worried about a Matt Rolin again. I would sure hate to lose a player like BAW. Great player with high character,but whatever happens,happens. One thing that helps me is that the so-called experts really aren't experts,and i never believe everything i read.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #939
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

When did he say RIGHT NOW? I saw the tweet and it never once said he is still committed to usc right now. Where did the right now b/s come from, because if it was from that tweet then someone misquoted horribly.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #940
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
When did he say RIGHT NOW? I saw the tweet and it never once said he is still committed to usc right now. Where did the right now b/s come from, because if it was from that tweet then someone misquoted horribly.
Right here.

I am still committed to South Carolina, but Alabama gave me a lot to think about.
I am going to go home and pray about it, but I am still solid right now.

That's straight from TBS.