CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
Jwilson
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
PosiVibeWarrior
SMOTFS86
kabercr2
kingofnerf
**USC vs. South Alab (17691)
Drew Owens missing? (1937)
Clemson (1700)
Question about after (1320)
Awful Shooting Conti (976)
Dylan Thompson surpa (886)
Gamecock Men Have Be (802)
Shaq Roland (621)
FishFry 47-yarder (515)
Prayers needed!!! (474)
what I think ab ward
Clemson
**USC vs. South Alabama G
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
USC women new #1?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
SEC Artificial Noise Rule
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Shaq Roland
FishFry 47-yarder

Old 01-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #121
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 514
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
It ain't the damn kids who are annoying it's the f'ing adolescent girls and boys who talk to each other about the party they went to, and the newest music group for 7 or 8 innings non-stop. Damn, this is a f'ing baseball game, not a social party. Maybe, they'll like the new playground and get away from me.
Maybe you missed it but hardcore sports fans, like myself, are about gone. I have had to learn to adapt and ignore most of the so called fans around me at all sporting events...and pssst....get this...it usually the adults. Its more about social standing and drinking now. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat do not, go to an Atlanta Braves game. You might jump.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #122
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

This isn't a real thread is it? No. It can't be. This can't be a real thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Oh, yeah. I'm sure everyone who doesn't want an ugly playground in the ballpark instead of the perfectly functional Gamecock-themed bounce castle the kids have been using the past few years is completely devoid of human empathy.

^^ Is this guy really just arguing that a Gamecock-themed bounce castle is better than a playground???

And why has nobody posted a pic of this brain-cell-killing, hideous monstrosity of a 'babysitter' that people call a playground yet?

The only thing that is painfully obvious to me in this entire thread is that there are three types of posters on Cockytalk; Those that have kids, those that don't have kids, and those that definitely shouldn't ever have kids.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #123
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
This isn't a real thread is it? No. It can't be. This can't be a real thread.

^^ Is this guy really just arguing that a Gamecock-themed bounce castle is better than a playground???

And why has nobody posted a pic of this brain-cell-killing, hideous monstrosity of a 'babysitter' that people call a playground yet?

The only thing that is painfully obvious to me in this entire thread is that there are three types of posters on Cockytalk; Those that have kids, those that don't have kids, and those that definitely shouldn't ever have kids.
There is some overlap between that first and third group.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #124
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post
Who knew that putting a jungle gym in the corner of Carolina Stadium would be met with such opposition? Crazy, I tell ya.
It's the offseason. All those people normally armchair quarterbacking or calling for a coaches job have a lot of pent up energy.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #125
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
It ain't the damn kids who are annoying it's the f'ing adolescent girls and boys who talk to each other about the party they went to, and the newest music group for 7 or 8 innings non-stop. Damn, this is a f'ing baseball game, not a social party. Maybe, they'll like the new playground and get away from me.

First they came for the young children, and I did not speak out -- because I didn't have young children.
Then they came for the teenage girls, and I did not speak out -- because I was not a teenage girl.
Then they came for the adults who weren't "old school", and I did not speak out -- because I am "old school".
Then they came for the jerkwads -- and there was no one left to speak for me.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #126
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Based on the pictures in this thread I am firmly opposed to this hideous playground!
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #127
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Here, here.
Some of my best memories was going to Capital City Bomber games with my dad in the summer.
Probably to watch a baseball game...not play on a playground

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #128
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
They shouldn't because it causes children that young to have developmental disabilities. That's a no brainier in every way. But it's rampant, which is sad. Any "parent" who gives a 2-year old a screen of any kind needs to be charged with child endangerment.

This is PRECISELY THE PROBLEM. Are people really that stupid not to understand that this is precisely the problem?

You bring your kid to the game to let them loose in the playground, and go watch the game? Really?

And you have a problem with those who criticize this situation?

If the playground was monitored and staffed by hired teachers, aides, with cameras and security to make sure they were safe, I would almost guarantee that the majority of "parents" would drop the kid off for 3 hours and pick them up after the game.

So freaking sad.

Exactly baseball is such a great time for family time, I remember going to games, watching the game, listening to dad talk, finding new heros etc,all the parents out there, do what you like, the playground isn't going away, but you can take your kid to a playground any other day, enjoy the game with your kid, engage them in the game, that's my memories as a kid.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #129
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
Based on the pictures in this thread I am firmly opposed to this hideous playground!
My lens shattered when I tried to take a pic of it.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #130
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Op fail..no pics..he could be lying..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #131
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
They shouldn't because it causes children that young to have developmental disabilities. That's a no brainier in every way. But it's rampant, which is sad. Any "parent" who gives a 2-year old a screen of any kind needs to be charged with child endangerment.

This is PRECISELY THE PROBLEM. Are people really that stupid not to understand that this is precisely the problem?

You bring your kid to the game to let them loose in the playground, and go watch the game? Really?

And you have a problem with those who criticize this situation?

If the playground was monitored and staffed by hired teachers, aides, with cameras and security to make sure they were safe, I would almost guarantee that the majority of "parents" would drop the kid off for 3 hours and pick them up after the game.

So freaking sad.
LOL< do you have ANY freaking clue what you're talking about?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #132
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
LOL< do you have ANY freaking clue what you're talking about?
????

Can't wait for you to point out what you think
I posted that is untrue. This could be amazing
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #133
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

7 pages and no pictures?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:45 AM   #134
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

I can see a kid getting nailed by a deep hit ball

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #135
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Op fail..no pics..he could be lying..
it is true couldn't find a pic but here is a video on it

http://www.wltx.com/rss/article/2596...rolina-Stadium

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #136
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I can see a kid getting nailed by a deep hit ball
Anymore so than when they used to run and play in the same area before?

There is added shelter now. Think of it as additional safety precautions.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #137
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Probably to watch a baseball game...not play on a playground
Yes. More concerned with catching a foul ball, but watching the game none the less.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #138
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I bet the playground looks majestic whilst covered in snow.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #139
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Here is the playground in the corner

Here is another pic.

Again, ain't that bad looking.
A resident "Sir Bitch at Everything," is overacting...like usual.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #140
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Most baseball stadiums have kids play areas now.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote