CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
ChickenButt
cockfight21
gamecockgal
Ericvol2096
GSC2013
Cockypantherfan
400 pasing yards (734)
Nosovitch (689)
Funny? (656)
This program has no (583)
HBC Weekly Presser (450)
Zone Read Analysis w (433)
What fish do you eat (417)
KY Suspends 4 Player (401)
Thompson Has Neck In (380)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
HBC Weekly Presser
Thompson Has Neck Injury
liquor in the stadium
Really excited to visit t
Maty Mauk tries to take o
Thoughts on the basketbal
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
What fish do you eat
Build a New Stadium
400 pasing yards

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #941
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Bryson Allen-Williams

And here it goes again. Some of you never stop. BAW said "right now" Lets freak out LOL
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #942
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I wish some would ban themselves till after signing day...
With all the bad news as if late, I kinda wish I could ban myself haha

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #943
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb
Smile Re: 2014 Commitment - Bryson Allen-Williams

I need to visit here more. You guys actually giving me hope for BAW to UA.8)

Just kidding, but to be honest not one UA board is even talking about BAW as a possibility. Our top 4 targets at this point are M Humphrey, M Elam, R Evans, and C Thomas. We still trying to get in late with M Dupre but probably no chance. Already word that if Elam commits to UK tomorrow we have a back up plan for a TE from GMC. Point is BAW is not being talked about.

Also where is the in home tomorrow for Saban being talked about at. He went from TN to LA today. Currently in Arkansas watching a 15 recruit play BBall. He is suppose to be in KY meeting with Elam Thursday morning prior to his announcement and LSU boards are reporting he will be back in LA meeting with Dupre and Washington tomorrow afternoon. I guess he could fly into GA but the weather may be bad. I only ask because none of our boards I have seen have mentioned him meeting with BAw.

Last edited by Tide Warrior; 01-29-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #944
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

BAW isnt going to Bama cant believe people are worried about this

Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #945
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I concur even though I would love to have him at UA. But this is the bad part of recruiting. All the ledge jumpers that are weak at heart this last week. Every fan base has them. In the end he will be a Gamecock and be in the NFL in 3 years.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #946
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
And here it goes again. Some of you never stop. BAW said "right now" Lets freak out LOL
I've always thought the same way but after a while, you realize the whole "anything can happen" is soooo true. It would surprise me to see BAW flip but I wouldn't bet against any recruits decisions....not even my own kid lol

I am looking forward to seeing him on the field, though. He's going to be prime time no matter where he goes - something tells me he will be a lot of people's favorite player before he is done.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #947
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
People are worried about it because he was blown away by his visit to Bama. And Saban is supposed to stop by tomorrow for an in-home visit. Saban doesn't make an in-home visit if there isn't a chance to sign the recruit.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #948
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
they're a ton of them if you want to read the above pages.....when I see these comments from people on here, they have every right to voice their concern and opinion, but what it means to me is really a lack of confidence in our coaches to do their jobs......every school loses recruits they thought wouldn't happen. It's just the nature of the beast. If our last 5 years were 50-50, I could understand, but we're a top 10 team in the rankings with the victories to prove it. I guess I just don't understand all the negativity.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #949
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
People are worried about it because he was blown away by his visit to Bama. And Saban is supposed to stop by tomorrow for an in-home visit. Saban doesn't make an in-home visit if there isn't a chance to sign the recruit.
I think Bama is is really trying to get a jump on his lil bro more than anything I would bet they know BAW isn't going to flip

BAW has invested way too much into SC already to just jump off the boat late

Old 01-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #950
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I will disagree. The difference with Saban is he will never close the door, the recruit may and other coaches stop recruiting but not Saban. Everyone knows J Washington is not going to flip from LSU but Saban is visiting. And he will visit Dupre who is 99% locked up to LSU.

I also want to point out someone said UA did not make a push for BAW until after the allstar game and that is not true. UA was hard on him for a long time and way before he committed to USC. Our staff just could not overcome the USC staff. The reason he OVed is because he promised our staff he would when he committed to USC. But we could not beat USC then and we will not now either for his services
Old 01-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #951
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Whatever you guys do, don't say anything about BAW not being 100% committed on TheBigSpur. They will rip you to shreds and never let you live it down. The kid is developing a cult following and he hasn't even made it to campus yet.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #952
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
"No matter who you asked, it was clear Bryson Allen-Williams had one of the best weeks of any of the prospects at the Army Bowl. What makes us bullish on Allen-Williams is he continues to get better. This past season was his first full year at linebacker and he continues to develop nicely into the position." - Woody Wommack, Rivals.com Southeast recruiting analyst
Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...9970&PT=4&PR=2

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #953
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

"I've been doing so much on this recruiting trail for South Carolina that [fans] should have no doubt that I'm going to be a Gamecock fan come signing day," the 6'1, 222-pound linebacker told Kornblut.

Asked if he could see anything that would turn him from his USC commitment following his Jan. 24 visit to Alabama and with his trip to Georgia on deck, Allen-Williams responded, "No, sir. I don't really see anything."

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/no-ma...-bryson/fXTFw/
Old 01-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #954
CharlotteGameCock
Recruit

Male

CharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
"I've been doing so much on this recruiting trail for South Carolina that [fans] should have no doubt that I'm going to be a Gamecock fan come signing day," the 6'1, 222-pound linebacker told Kornblut.

Asked if he could see anything that would turn him from his USC commitment following his Jan. 24 visit to Alabama and with his trip to Georgia on deck, Allen-Williams responded, "No, sir. I don't really see anything."

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/no-ma...-bryson/fXTFw/

Upcoming comments:

- A 'right now' will be added to the 'I don't really see anything'.

- He didn't say he was 100%

- I take that as a flip to UGA

- Then why is he taking the visit?

- I still bet he never sets foot on campus

Personally, I still feel confident we get him. I'm not excited about the visits but I still believe he will hold true to his commitment.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #955
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Some people ain't happy unless they aren't.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #956
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGameCock View Post
Ever heard of doing your due diligence?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #957
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Upcoming comments:

- A 'right now' will be added to the 'I don't really see anything'.

- He didn't say he was 100%

- I take that as a flip to UGA

- I still bet he never sets foot on campus

Personally, I still feel confident we get him. I'm not excited about the visits but I still believe he will hold true to his commitment.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #958
CharlotteGameCock
Recruit

Male

CharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudlyCharlotteGameCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Ever heard of doing your due diligence?
Of course - what's been going on here isn't due diligence, just a bunch of negative speculation 'because we've been burned before'. I just don't buy into that line of thinking when the vast majority of our commitments stick, even those that take other visits.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #959
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Some people ain't happy unless they aren't.
you are exactly right......if they are all that negative about Carolina sports, I hate to think what it must be lie around their homes.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #960
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Of course - what's been going on here isn't due diligence, just a bunch of negative speculation 'because we've been burned before'. I just don't buy into that line of thinking when the vast majority of our commitments stick, even those that take other visits.
Mis-read your post as it was intended. Sorry. I think you and I are on the same page...

He's solid. Done and Done.

Closed Thread