CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4297)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2431)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (883)
US Air nsfw tweet (717)
I like how Frank sou (642)
boiled peanuts (491)
Ahh...The Masters (484)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (444)
Tax day freebies (441)
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #241
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Michael Scarnecchia

Glad someone mentioned Dylan, I see Scarnecchia built in the same mold. He was not highly recruited out of HS but came here and worked very hard, has been a great supporter of Shaw and will get his real shot in his senior year. Scarnecchia will take the same path, we can only hope.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #242
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

With how high a lot of ya'll are on Mitch being the starter of the future, Idk why any of ya'll are worried about this guy. Worst case scenario he's the 3rd string guy for a few seasons. Best case, he follows Mitch and becomes a 1st round pick. I think he has the talent.

Best thing you can say about any player: Great work ethic, leader, and he wants to learn. This kid possesses all those things.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #243
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Class of 2014 three-star quarterback Michael Scarnecchia (Orange Park, Fla./Fleming Island) and was one of 13 South Carolina commitments to take his official visit last weekend.

"I didn't know everything was this nice, because we didn't really get to see everything until this weekend," Scarnecchia said. "After seeing it all, this is probably going to be the best four years of my life. It is going to be a lot of hard work but it is going to be fun."

"we also hung out with (Brendan) Nosovitch and two other linemen, Clay and Brock (Stadnik). We were all cool," Scarnecchia said. "They said they were going to take me in when I come up here. All the players when we hung out, they were all funny. Coming up here and already knowing everybody will be fun. I like all of the commits. They are all good guys. I think we're all cool. We are going to have a really good class. Hopefully we will be the next senior class that has the most wins in USC history."
"It was real fun hanging with the players and getting to know them more," he added. "We all exchanged numbers and are going to keep in contact and try to get these other recruits."

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...t-visit-173310
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #244
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Class of 2014 three-star quarterback Michael Scarnecchia (Orange Park, Fla./Fleming Island) and was one of 13 South Carolina commitments to take his official visit last weekend.

"I didn't know everything was this nice, because we didn't really get to see everything until this weekend," Scarnecchia said. "After seeing it all, this is probably going to be the best four years of my life. It is going to be a lot of hard work but it is going to be fun."

"we also hung out with (Brendan) Nosovitch and two other linemen, Clay and Brock (Stadnik). We were all cool," Scarnecchia said. "They said they were going to take me in when I come up here. All the players when we hung out, they were all funny. Coming up here and already knowing everybody will be fun. I like all of the commits. They are all good guys. I think we're all cool. We are going to have a really good class. Hopefully we will be the next senior class that has the most wins in USC history."
"It was real fun hanging with the players and getting to know them more," he added. "We all exchanged numbers and are going to keep in contact and try to get these other recruits."

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...t-visit-173310
Sounds like a great kid, glad we got him.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #245
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Good stuff.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #246
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Thanks for posting. I really like this kid. Hope he is the hidden gem he seems to be.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #247
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

According to his tweet, Spurrier Sr and Jr will have his in home visit today. I wonder if they will visit anyone else in the area or just play golf at the TPC?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #248
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

According to his tweet, Spurrier Sr and Jr will have his in home visit today. I wonder if they will visit anyone else in the area or just play golf at the TPC?

Isaiah Ford is also in the area.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #249
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Spurrier doesnt play golf until after signing day and never during football season.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #250
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

From his highlights I noticed his 4.3 gpa. Smart and 6'4 is not a bad thing in a QB.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #251
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
From his highlights I noticed his 4.3 gpa. Smart and 6'4 is not a bad thing in a QB.
Hopefully this question will be answered quickly and not take the thread too far off track. Anyway, has the basic system of GPA been changed, because the highest I've ever been able to earn at any level of school is 4.0. I do remember in high school we also had a GPR (ratio) that could go up to 5. It basically weighted different levels of classes (AP English vs basic English) so that if a person took mostly AP classes and made an A in all those classes they would get the recognition of that whereas someone who took all basic classes wouldn't have as high of a GPR with perfect grades. In both cases, though, the GPA would be 4.0. Just curious, because I see "GPAs" above 4.0 all the time, so is it really more like the GPR system I described?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #252
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Hopefully this question will be answered quickly and not take the thread too far off track. Anyway, has the basic system of GPA been changed, because the highest I've ever been able to earn at any level of school is 4.0. I do remember in high school we also had a GPR (ratio) that could go up to 5. It basically weighted different levels of classes (AP English vs basic English) so that if a person took mostly AP classes and made an A in all those classes they would get the recognition of that whereas someone who took all basic classes wouldn't have as high of a GPR with perfect grades. In both cases, though, the GPA would be 4.0. Just curious, because I see "GPAs" above 4.0 all the time, so is it really more like the GPR system I described?
In some systems, and A+ will earn you more than a 4.0 for that class.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #253
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

In Greenwood, the courses are weighted. From easiest to hardest...College Prep, Honors and AP. An A in college prep would be a 4.0, Honors, 4.5 and AP, 5.0. It's hard to get a 5.0 because AP classes are not available in all courses, so if a student takes 3 classes, one in each area, and makes an A in each class, he would have a 4.5 GPA.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #254
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Exactly the honors, AP and college prep get an extra bump due the difficulty and to give extra incentive to take the harder courses. You are probably correct about the GPR and most just call it the GPA.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #255
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
looks like a smart version of Blake Mitchell......looking forward to seeing how well he does here.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #256
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Huge arm and moves well too. I like the guys potential.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #257
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Huge arm and moves well too. I like the guys potential.
I'm not one of the folks who gets so excited about a guy I'm ready to proclaim him a future Heisman and national championship winner, but I am pretty eager to see what this guy can do in college. I think he has the potential to turn some heads (for good reasons).
Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #258
Uhaul
Place At The Table! Wooo!

Male

Uhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
looks like a smart version of Blake Mitchell......looking forward to seeing how well he does here.
Mitchell would have absolutely killed it behind the line we have now.
Uhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #259
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhaul View Post
Mitchell would have absolutely killed it behind the line we have now.
Not the thread for it.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #260
Uhaul
Place At The Table! Wooo!

Male

Uhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Not the thread for it.
Thanks, Thread Police.
Uhaul is offline   Reply With Quote