CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetBlack&Blue
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
cockthehammer
Kyle76
ra742002
ccured
The Yancey
Kaka
Blackland
Gamecock football Lo (2239)
Mike Davis "dou (2082)
The Demise of the 3- (1405)
Gamecocks D staff re (1364)
Pirate Depth Chart (1002)
Past SEC Champions w (970)
who thinks we need a (960)
Reginald Bowens (692)
East Carolina Predic (690)
Why didn't Wes Green (658)
Did we ever go after Kenn
MLS almost ready for play
The Demise of the 3-4
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks claimed and re-
What would be your defini
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Mike Davis "doubtful
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction

Old 01-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default 18,000 Super Bowl Tickets Still Available

Big Game May Not Be Such A Hot Ticket, 18,000 Super Bowl Seats Still Available

It might be because of the cold weather but the big game may not be such a hot ticket. On Tuesday afternoon, there were still 18,000 tickets available for the Super Bowl, CBS 2′s Emily Smith reported.

The NFLís biggest game of the season draws fans from around the world to its host city, but this year the game is in New Jersey, the forecast is frigid, and thousands of tickets are still available.

Tri-State area residents said that without the Jets or Giants playing on Sunday, the big game isnít a big deal. Especially in New York where residents are used to hosting big shows and seeing celebrities walking around. ďItís just aggravation. Going there, getting there. Iíd rather sit in my living room,Ē one New Yorker said.

Ticket prices have fallen to $1,500 and havenít stabilized so they could fall even lower. But it still may not be enough to get some local residents to Metlife stadium. ďIf the Jets arenít playing in the Super Bowl, which will be thirty years from now, Iím not in,Ē another man said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...ill-available/
Old 01-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 18,000 Super Bowl Tickets Still Available

I still for the life of my will NEVER understand whey they are having it up there....I know most of it was to give the new stadium a big send off but dang it is the month of Feb...and they had to know the weather was going to be bad...
Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I still for the life of my will NEVER understand whey they are having it up there....I know most of it was to give the new stadium a big send off but dang it is the month of Feb...and they had to know the weather was going to be bad...
It was given to them as a gift to the Mara family and everything they did for the NFL.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

bone head move by the commish to have this game in new york...

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
M.C.

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

look at all the rules .. you can't even tailgate

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...180318115.html

Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
look at all the rules .. you can't even tailgate

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...180318115.html
Why would you want to tailgate in this mess.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This Super Bowl is already a colossal failure. The only saving grace will be a good game. All of the buildup to it is horrendous.. no wonder no one wants to attend. They need to always host it in a domed stadium or somewhere the weather is nice this time of year... Miami, Houston, Phoenix, etc.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Roger Goddell should have thought of this...

NYC in early February.. 90% chance its going to be damn cold and/or snowing.. The game starts around 6:30, so there will be no sun to have a little bit of warmth...

Maybe the most important thing is when 85% of your tickets go to Corporate Sponsors (who are soft-assed fans at best).. you gotta think these people need ideal temps to pay the $$$ for these tickets. Sure, the regular fan would attend in the cold, but the regular fan does not have $1500 a pop to throw down.

The Super Bowl has long been about corporate sponsors... Im glad they are getting some egg on their faces... They should have considered the fans a little more.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

The only saving grace this year will be the commercials.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

1.5k for a face value ticket is a bit silly. Wonder how long that demand will hold up (assuming this year is an anomaly).
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Nobody in their right mind wants to sit outside in 20 degree weather to watch teams they care nothing about. This was a stupid, stupid idea from the very beginning and it's only gotten worse. Surely the NFL has learned something from this debacle.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #12
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

sometimes by giving a city the Super Bowl is the only way that city can afford to ever build a new stadium.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #13
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I think this "Northern Experiment" has already run its course.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #14
M.C.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Why would you want to tailgate in this mess.
the fact your not allowed to is my point

Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

They should only have the SB in a dome, so that way it's comfortable for the fans. Jerry World should be the permanent home for the SB from now on. That place is awesome. Just my two cents.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #16
M.C.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
They should only have the SB in a dome, so that way it's comfortable for the fans. Jerry World should be the permanent home for the SB from now on. That place is awesome. Just my two cents.
yea why not I mean I hate everything to do with the cowboys organization but that stadium is sick

Old 01-30-2014, 01:49 AM   #17
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I'm just glad i'll be sitting by the fire with a cold beverage while I watch the thousands of people freeze in the stands.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #18
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
The only saving grace this year will be the commercials.
I'll never understand this. Maybe i'm old fashioned, I just want to watch the game. I don't care about commercials, I don't care about halftime, I don't care about pre-game. I just want to see the game. The commercials just drag the game on longer.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #19
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

As it turns out, the weather will be fine. 46įis the high that day and it will be mid 30s game time. those are october readings in gb..big deal.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Haha yeah even the low that evening will be 23 - we've barely been above 23 for a high the past week - it'll feel like bikini weather for the game

FTR I'll leave my bikini in the closet to spare the masses