CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
CockTail
2014 Charleston Clas (3022)
The Defense (1916)
**USC Women vs. San (1895)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1541)
Women's soccer Sweet (1534)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1091)
USC/clemson spread (801)
In case no one saw.. (742)
injury report? (670)
Your favorite Greate (457)
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2014 Charleston Classic:
Question about after the
Tiger Burn
A little late to the conv
What Are Your Win/Loss Ex
Odell Becham Catch
For Discussing The Clemso
Beat Clemson

Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #141
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

I'm not sold on Huggins anyways. His competition level is weak.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #142
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

If the kid wants to be the tallest midget in the Athletically Challenged Conference, then let him.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #143
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his comb

If he doesn't come here, I guess going to Clemson is alright. Better there than a school that can actually impede our SEC dreams (UGA, etc.). We all know Clemson won't be impeding anything for a while.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #144
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Ugh, hate to lose him to Clemson.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #145
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Junior DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson visited USC Saturday for the The Palmetto Bowl. The Gamecocks continue to be a school that he is strongly considering. “You could say that,” he said. “I like all of the schools that are recruiting me but you could definitely say that.” Huggins said it was a positive visit. “I saw some things I really liked,” Huggins said. “It was amazing. The fans, the atmosphere, the way they played,..it was a good game.” His late arrival did not permit him to visit with any of the coaches but he was happy with the trip. “I like Clemson too” he said. “They started off slow but they got it going and played their hearts out. I may try to get up there for a visit.” Huggins will not attend any other games but did say he plans to visit North Carolina this off-season. “I’ll try to get up there for a basketball game and talk to some of the (football) coaches,” Huggins said. His list of offers includes USC, Clemson, Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, NC State, North Carolina, Auburn and SC State. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...iss-on-malone/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #146
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

his quotes always make it sound like he's unimpressed
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #147
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson said Wednesday night he had received an offer from Vanderbilt. The Commodores are the 13th program to offer Huggins and the seventh from the SEC. He also has offers from Clemson, USC, Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, NC State, North Carolina, Auburn and SC State. Huggins said he didn’t see many coaches come thru his school during the contact period and he’s not lined up any junior day visits at this point. He does not claim favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...erest-in-ford/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #148
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #149
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

If he's top 3 instate we need to get him. Gotta keep top guys home
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #150
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
If he's top 3 instate we need to get him. Gotta keep top guys home
I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's going to come down to either UGA or Clemson...most likely UGA.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #151
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

This is actually pretty good news. UGA's Civil Eng school is ranked #119. GaTech's is awesome, they're #4. Clem5on's though is ranked #56 (tied with a lot of schools) and USC is ranked #72nd (tied with a lot of schools.) There's really not a large difference according to their point structure on USNEWS b/w clem5on and USC (tater 2.4 compared to a USC 2.6 and the scale is from 0.0 to 5.0)

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ankings/page+3

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #152
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson will be the center of a recruiting storm for the 2015 class and the in-state rivals are making him a priority. Friday Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and defensive coordinator Brent Venables and USC defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward and fellow recruiter Everette Sands were by his school to check on him. Huggins has offers from the Tigers and Gamecocks along with Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, NC State, North Carolina, Auburn, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Huggins has no favorites right now but he’s starting to do his homework. “I broke down the key points that I’m interested in and stuff like that. I’m trying to do it right.” And it’s even too early for Huggins to formulate a favorite between the two locals. “I hate to say it but I really can’t. They are both great programs, great players and great coaches. It’s hard to say.” Huggins said he hasn’t decided yet when he’ll make his decision though after watching players announce at the Under Armour game earlier this month, he’s giving consideration to doing that at either the Under Armour or Army All American Game. He’s been invited to both and hasn’t decided which one he will play in. Huggins is also looking at going to a junior day February 1st at either Clemson or Florida but hasn’t decided on which one.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...od-with-green/

Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #153
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
This is actually pretty good news. UGA's Civil Eng school is ranked #119. GaTech's is awesome, they're #4. Clem5on's though is ranked #56 (tied with a lot of schools) and USC is ranked #72nd (tied with a lot of schools.) There's really not a large difference according to their point structure on USNEWS b/w clem5on and USC (tater 2.4 compared to a USC 2.6 and the scale is from 0.0 to 5.0)

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ankings/page+3
To be fair, UGA's engineering dept (aside from AgEng) is only 2 or 3 years old. There is a good bit of fighting between UGA and GT in regards to academic programs; Tech fought hard for quite a while to keep UGA from getting an Engineering School and UGA is fighting tooth and nail to keep Tech from adding liberal arts majors.

As far as Huggins goes, I think he'll probably end up at Clemson. You don't hear much about him on UGA's end right now. I know UGA is focusing on Trent Thompson and Shy Tuttle along the DL right now, but I don't think the staff has been to O'burg to check on Huggins lately. That's a mistake, in my opinion.

Last edited by DawginCola; 01-31-2014 at 09:41 AM.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #154
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
To be fair, UGA's engineering dept (aside from AgEng) is only 2 or 3 years old. There is a good bit of fighting between UGA and GT in regards to academic programs; Tech fought hard for quite a while to keep UGA from getting an Engineering School and UGA is fighting tooth and nail to keep Tech from adding liberal arts majors.

As far as Huggins goes, I think he'll probably end up at Clemson. You don't hear much about him on UGA's end right now. I know UGA is focusing on Trent Thompson and Shy Tuttle along the DL right now, but I don't think the staff has been to O'burg to check on Huggins lately. That's a mistake, in my opinion.

I thought he grew up a UGA fan?? I could be thinking of someone else though to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #155
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Every recent quote from the kid indicates that we're (at the very least) dead even with Clemson in his mind...and Orangeburg is only 45 minutes from Columbia. I think we still have a great shot.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #156
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

From what I understand his HC is all Clemson but I don't think he will pull a Poona on us.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #157
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

we're probably going to have look elsewhere, but... what if Clemson has a bad year maybe that will affect him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #158
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
I thought he grew up a UGA fan?? I could be thinking of someone else though to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he said he grew up pulling for UGA but always seemed to list Clemson as a favorite. Maybe the new staff makes him a priority?
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #159
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

FWIW I would be perfer him to go to UGA over Clemson. He is pretty typical of the talent they always get there. He would be a good get for Clemson and would probably improve their defense.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #160
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

LSU Offers.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote