CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
ertman420
sc455
2000grad
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
Victor Hampton Arrested
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
how has more ESPN anounce
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Joeckel Transfering from
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Old 01-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #141
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Playground at Carolina Stadium

Let me just say I'm not a big fan of the playground. It is what it is. But I have nothing against it. It's a movement that has been coming in sports for a long time. In the future, you will see less luxury boxes and more single-game-sold "party decks", because fans are now treating football/baseball/basketball like social events (like it's been mentioned in this thread already).

But as far as the playground goes, I understand the hate towards it's cosmetic design, and the parents of the kids, etc. etc. But no one has given a single reason as to how it will impact ANYONE that doesn't have kids and/or sit near the playset (which is at most the top 5 rows of only 2 sections, berm seats, and right field wall standing area).
Old 01-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #142
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

After much personal consideration and internal reflection, I have to say that I agree with Spareparts (and others). Parents should only bring a kid to a game if that kid is going to be able to sit down quietly, and respectfully pay attention to the parent as they pass down the knowledge of the game of baseball. I am so grateful for a father that was willing to wait until I was old enough to be able to sit for multiple hours and take notes while he explained the rules and purpose of baseball. It is only because of those countless days at the old ballpark that I now realize just how STUPID the game of baseball is. Thanks Dad!

For those of you wondering why I’m posting in a baseball thread when I despise the sport to my very core, let me make this clear – the thread title started with New Playground. That’s what I saw in the “Newest Posts” section at the top of the web page and that’s all I needed to read to click on the thread. You see, I love playgrounds. In fact, that’s what this thread is truly about – playgrounds. Unfortunately, I read through 6 pages of a boring baseball/parenting banter in the hopes of seeing a majestic playground, but nay, there were no such pictures! Just silly posts about a silly game of toss. America’s past time? Scoff! Can’t we all just admit that baseball makes us miserable? So miserable, that I’m fairly certain baseball played a significant contribution to the great depression (and no, I don’t have any stats to back that statement up because stats are for baseball fans, and a baseball fan I am not)!

All I ever wanted was for someone to play with me on the playground.

this entire post was in jest
Old 01-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #143
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
After much personal consideration and internal reflection, I have to say that I agree with Spareparts (and others). Parents should only bring a kid to a game if that kid is going to be able to sit down quietly, and respectfully pay attention to the parent as they pass down the knowledge of the game of baseball. I am so grateful for a father that was willing to wait until I was old enough to be able to sit for multiple hours and take notes while he explained the rules and purpose of baseball. It is only because of those countless days at the old ballpark that I now realize just how STUPID the game of baseball is. Thanks Dad!

For those of you wondering why I’m posting in a baseball thread when I despise the sport to my very core, let me make this clear – the thread title started with New Playground. That’s what I saw in the “Newest Posts” section at the top of the web page and that’s all I needed to read to click on the thread. You see, I love playgrounds. In fact, that’s what this thread is truly about – playgrounds. Unfortunately, I read through 6 pages of a boring baseball/parenting banter in the hopes of seeing a majestic playground, but nay, there were no such pictures! Just silly posts about a silly game of toss. America’s past time? Scoff! Can’t we all just admit that baseball makes us miserable? So miserable, that I’m fairly certain baseball played a significant contribution to the great depression (and no, I don’t have any stats to back that statement up because stats are for baseball fans, and a baseball fan I am not)!

Then come to Carolina Stadium this spring, you'll get your wish !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #144
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

My only issue is they should have painted it garnet instead of green.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #145
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

So when do we get a playground at Colonial Life?

There are suffering children there as we speak being forced to watch a sporting event.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #146
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
So when do we get a playground at Colonial Life?

There are suffering children there as we speak being forced to watch a sporting event.
Nice try Bro..... not tonight though! 41-21 Cocks at the half! Even the usually bored kids are being entertained!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #147
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post

You were obviously not in 5 points, or Omaha, or Carolina Stadium when we won our 2 national titles, or cliched our trips to Omaha!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #148
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Nice try Bro..... not tonight though! 41-21 Cocks at the half! Even the usually bored kids are being entertained!
I'd say since we have two time national title baseball teams in recent years they shouldn't be bored at a baseball ame

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 AM   #149
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Here is the playground in the corner

Here is another pic.

Again, ain't that bad looking.
A resident "Sir Bitch at Everything," is overacting...like usual.
Wow, look at that... Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
WE_ARE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #150
gmckbeef
Walk On

gmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervousgmckbeef is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
I am embarrassed and ashamed that some of the comments in this thread are made by Gamecock 'fans'.

WOW!
ditto
gmckbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #151
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24997962
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

From what I have seen, I don't mind it.....Having worked at the stadium enough, the kids that attend the games were playing on that little mound to begin with. It doesn't change the fact that you have to keep your head on a bit of a swivel to sit or play in that area from first base to third. If there was a demand for it, and I assume there was. Coach Tanner and the Athletic Department are simply giving patrons what they have asked for. In the end, if you work in customer service, or any aspect of public venues, the customer/patron is your top priority.

Gapo
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #152
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Actually, the kids at the games bother me a lot less than the arrogance that a lot of people in the stands display.

I bet a lot of the people in this thread hate when the fans stand up and make noise. Because essentially, that's what kids do.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #153
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
Wow, look at that... Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

??????
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #154
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Do I have kids, no. I want any and I don't like them. Especially at games. I wish people would just leave them home. They are annoying.
You realize you were a kid once, right? It's the only way you exist.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #155
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

It doesn't look stupid, it looks HILARIOUS

If I went to an opposing fans' stadium and they had a generic playground looking like a freaking cross between Home Depot and some day care center I would heckle the shit out of it for the rest of the year.

The funny thing is, so would everybody else - they just don't want to admit it because it's something we did. If that playground was in Clemson's stadium, everybody on here would be laughing - and if they wouldn't then they're lying
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #156
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

They could definitely make it more Cocky but I love it. I won't have to decide when to go to the game with my 3 year old. Any of you cracking on it are idiots. It makes it possible for the littlest ones to tolerate a day at the bball park.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #157
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I can't even construct a response to the ignorance on this thread. It's a FREAKING PLAYGROUND. For children. Stop acting like it's going to ruin your ballpark experience. And quit commenting on other people's parenting. In what world does it make someone a bad parent for letting their kid play on a playground at a ballpark? OOOOh they must be so spoiled.

If I was a fan of another team and came over to the boards of a recent Back to Back National Championship team and saw them bickering like this over a freaking playground I would laugh. A lot harder than I would laugh at them for installing said playground, I'll tell you that.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #158
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I feel like if this playground really bothers you... well you need to see someone and get yourself straightened out.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #159
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
If that playground was in Clemson's stadium, everybody on here would be laughing - and if they wouldn't then they're lying
They have one, but it's in the football team's training complex. Chad Kelly is pretty boss at the tire swing, yo! #SWAGG #SWAGG #SWAGG

I'm surprised this topic is this divisive. It's not like it's helmet color or anything...
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #160
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I can't even construct a response to the ignorance on this thread. It's a FREAKING PLAYGROUND. For children. Stop acting like it's going to ruin your ballpark experience. And quit commenting on other people's parenting. In what world does it make someone a bad parent for letting their kid play on a playground at a ballpark? OOOOh they must be so spoiled.

If I was a fan of another team and came over to the boards of a recent Back to Back National Championship team and saw them bickering like this over a freaking playground I would laugh. A lot harder than I would laugh at them for installing said playground, I'll tell you that.
Exactly.
Other things to worry about with the baseball team...like who is actually going to be in the bullpen, or who will play left field.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote