CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (1910)
Rank the QBs under S (1418)
Back like cooked cra (1002)
Tennessee game (664)
Who start on the d l (626)
No Comments on the H (480)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (356)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (172)
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default The Red hot chili peppers

Looking forward to seeing them Sunday at halftime of the Super Bowl I love a lot of their songs... Californication might be one of the greatest rock albums ever made..

Anyone else like them?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Red hot chili peppers

Big fan. Put on a great show. I'm one of those RHCP balsphemists whose favorite RHCP album is One Hot Minute.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I listened to them religiously in the 90s, I haven't heard much of them lately.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Saw them in the old Huger Street concert hall in 1989 and in the Park Elevator club in Charlotte in 1987... Effin' GREAT shows! Can't wait to see them...
Old 01-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Saw them in the old Huger Street concert hall in 1989 and in the Park Elevator club in Charlotte in 1987... Effin' GREAT shows! Can't wait to see them...
Dang I bet those were insane

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 View Post
Big fan. Put on a great show. I'm one of those RHCP balsphemists whose favorite RHCP album is One Hot Minute.
One of the best albums of the 90s
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I like their earlier stuff. Saw them around 2000 on a double billing show with STP. RHCP were good. STP was better.

What the hell are they doing with Bruno Mars?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I like their earlier stuff. Saw them around 2000 on a double billing show with STP. RHCP were good. STP was better.

I was assuming they would sing separately. Not exactly similar music from these two.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post

Didn't know he was doing the halftime too. Guess I'll use that time to refill on drinks and food.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Bruno is actually the "headliner" of the halftime show too.
He was picked and then invited the chili peppers to perform with him a few weeks ago.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Hah did not hear about the RHCP part - quite the combo indeed
Old 01-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

The Chili Peppers have been my favorite band since the late '90s. Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, and By The Way are three of my favorite albums ever. Some outstanding singles from these albums, but what made the albums great is that I can't think of any weak tracks. Songs like "Funky Monks," "If You Have To Ask," and "Apache Rose Peacock" from Blood Sugar Sex Magik; "Easily," "This Velvet Glove," and "Savior" from Californication; and "Midnight," "Cabron," and "Venice Queen" on By The Way were never radio hits but are some of my favorite songs ever.

Stadium Arcadium was decent but way too long, it had a few gems mixed with a lot of weaker tracks. I'm With You was also decent, a few great tunes and a few that I will never listen to again. However, these last two albums can't touch Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, and By The Way.

As for One Hot Minute, the album is better than its reputation. However, it got a bit too weird for my tastes at times. For instance, in the track "Transcending" the first half of the song is magic, and then it goes off the rails into unlistenable chaos. Just not my cup of tea.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

"By the way" and "Scar Tissue" were two of my favorite songs by RHCP
Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Did anyone here ever catch any of their shows at rockafellas here in town?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Looking forward to seeing them Sunday at halftime of the Super Bowl I love a lot of their songs... Californication might be one of the greatest rock albums ever made..

Anyone else like them?
Saw them at Lalapalooza in 92. Best live music week of my life. Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, and Sound Garden among others at Lalapalooza all day on Aug 14th and then U2 at RFK on the 15th and 16th. What more could a 19 year old kid in the 90's ask for.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #16
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Did anyone here ever catch any of their shows at rockafellas here in town?
Missed them at Rockafellas but did see Faith No More there before they hit it big.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Missed them at Rockafellas but did see Faith No More there before they hit it big.
I saw some killer shows at rockafellas starting when I was 13 or 14 ( they started) their all ages weekend matinee shows. Got a fake I'd when I was 16 just to go see shows. Had my fake taken there when I was 19 shortly before they closed in 1998
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #18
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Dang I bet those were insane
The '87 show was a tour for "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan" release and Hillel Slovak was alive. The '89 show was a tour for "Mother's Milk" when they had John Frusciante and Chad Smith. Talked with Chad a bit before the show and I thought he was a roadie...until he got up to play!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #19
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Under The Bridge and Soul To Squeeze are two of my favorites

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #20
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Under The Bridge and Soul To Squeeze are two of my favorites

I played those two songs most of last summer