CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecock88
kevhugh
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Cocked & Locked
ccured
FanofCarolina1
FeloniousCock
**USC vs. South Alab (14683)
TV?? (1684)
Fly_over tomorrow? (919)
Awful Shooting Conti (762)
Scholarship Lounge B (693)
Gamecock Men Have Be (635)
This holiday season (229)
Prayers needed!!! (219)
Frank Martin (213)
How about this scena (163)
Drew Owens missing?
Clemson
**USC vs. South Alabama G
FishFry 47-yarder
Na'ty Rogers
Question about after the
Huge recruiting weekend
2014-15 Premier League se
2014 Charleston Classic *
Fly_over tomorrow?

Old 01-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Motley Crue is legally stopped from further tours

Quote:
they signed a formal "cessation of touring agreement" saying this is their final tour -- not a so-called farewell tour.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/motley-c...ands-long-run/

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Motley Crue is legally stopped from further tours

The Girls Girls Girls concert was fantastic....Not sure if I want to see the final tour....Maybe if they come out with some new stuff to go along with their old hits I might bite....
Old 01-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I read about this a few days ago. Nikki Sixx called it a Death Pact. Saying it was their final tour and they weren't going to go out like some of these other rock bands that play well into their 70s and go out on the bottom of music instead of on top.

I like Motley Crue as much as the next guy who loved 80's rock bands, but they aren't exactly on top anymore.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
The Girls Girls Girls concert was fantastic....Not sure if I want to see the final tour....Maybe if they come out with some new stuff to go along with their old hits I might bite....
I saw them on tour last year opening up for KISS. I thought the show was good, but I didn't care too much for their new stuff.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Personally, I only liked one of their Albums (Shout at the Devil). They had
a couple of "hits" after that, that I liked, but as a body of work (IMO) they
were at their best about a year after they hit the Road, and never equaled
that success again. Wish them all the best of luck after they hang it up.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Im hoping this tour will be like a House of Blues type venue tour....I would for sure go then...
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Personally, I only liked one of their Albums (Shout at the Devil). They had
a couple of "hits" after that, that I liked, but as a body of work (IMO) they
were at their best about a year after they hit the Road, and never equaled
that success again. Wish them all the best of luck after they hang it up.
It was downhill after Shout but that was a great album.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Yall didn't like the Girls Girls Girls cassette..???
Old 01-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
It was downhill after Shout but that was a great album.
It was indeed !
For the era that it was released in, it was cutting edge stuff. There were only
a couple of "Glam Rock" groups out at the time (Quiet Riot was the other
big name that I can remember), and Motley Crue kicked it up a notch when
they started recording. .... Never really cared for Too Fast For Love (their
first album), but when I first heard Shout at the Devil, I couldn't play it enough
to get satisfied. Too bad it opened the door for so many "hair bands" that
basically killed off that "Glam Rock" era quickly. There were actually a couple
of those bands that had talent and wrote some good music, but it was all
lumped into that "glitzy Hair Band" genre and soon became the 80s version
of Disco music.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Yall didn't like the Girls Girls Girls cassette..???
Girls, Girls, Girls .. Theater of Pain, and Dr Feelgood etc... All had a song or two that
was listenable, but the rest of those albums was below average filler. Just
couldn't match the success of Shout at the Devil again.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Shout at the devil was the sheit back in the day. Couple ok tunes after that but most were mass produced pop rock like most of the other glam/hair bands back then. Crue did rock back then though.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I'm sure their guitarist's suffering from a debilitating disease has something to do with this. I guess they wouldn't want to go on the road without him. I'm sure we'll see plenty of them in 'special appearances' at some type of show in the future, just no 'official' touring.

I thought that they were OK when I was in high school in the early 80s. I initially thought of them as some new 'punk-assed kiddie band' kinda like Twisted Sister. I guess I saw the new glam stuff as threats to the established stuff that I was really into. I never bought any of their records and didn't really, REALLY like anything of theirs until I caught the 'Home Sweet Home' video for the first time. Still my favorite by them.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
I'm sure their guitarist's suffering from a debilitating disease has something to do with this. I guess they wouldn't want to go on the road without him. I'm sure we'll see plenty of them in 'special appearances' at some type of show in the future, just no 'official' touring.

I thought that they were OK when I was in high school in the early 80s. I initially thought of them as some new 'punk-assed kiddie band' kinda like Twisted Sister. I guess I saw the new glam stuff as threats to the established stuff that I was really into. I never bought any of their records and didn't really, REALLY like anything of theirs until I caught the 'Home Sweet Home' video for the first time. Still my favorite by them.
I agree, the new stuff back then was a little discomforting as well. Then I listened to Skid Row, and all that changed.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #14
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Hate to say it, but if they feel like they need a legal contract saying that this is really their last tour then maybe their last tour should have been their last tour.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #15
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Saw them in '05 when they "reformed" so to speak and started the Carnival of Sins tour, Vince sucked, but the other 3 were great. The entire performance of "Home Sweet Home" in the middle of the show... oh man, goosebumps. That guitar solo was absolutely soulful. Then Tommy's drum solo, and of course... titty cam. Boy.... good times.

Saw them again a few years ago when they were in Greenville with The Last Vegas (they won some Guitar Center contest, really good band), Theory of a Deadman, and Hinder. MUCH better show than '05. Vince sounded a whole lot better and was actually on-key, Tommy and Nikki were on point (Tommy didn't do his big, elaborate drum solo though, which kinda blew), but Mick Mars was on fire. His medicine for that spinal disease was apparently working amazingly well.

In '05 he was an absolute zombie and BARELY moved the entire show, but hit every single note. 2nd time around, he actually walked around, seemed to have a little groove in his playing, and just seemed more relaxed. They cut the lights mid-show, and all of a sudden you heard Mick chunking away at his strings, then leaned into his Crybaby and started playing 'Voodoo Child', it tapered off into a short solo, then he dipped the tremolo and yanked it back up straight into "Kickstart My Heart".

The encore was "Home Sweet Home", and it was the most beautiful rendition of the song I've ever heard. Closest video I've found that came to it was this:

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #16
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I saw them two weeks apart on the Dr. Feelgood tour and even though I'm wasn't a big fan I thought they put on a really good show in Columbia, but the second one in Augusta was outstanding.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

2nd row in Columbia in 2006. They rocked so hard I woke up in jail.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
2nd row in Columbia in 2006. They rocked so hard I woke up in jail.
No that was Vanity 6
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #19
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I saw them on tour last year opening up for KISS. I thought the show was good, but I didn't care too much for their new stuff.
And it pissed me off they didn't play Looks That Kill. Still great show though.