CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
The Demise of the 3-4
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 01-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #61
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Drew Brees Screws Over Jimmy Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
anyone who argues that Graham is a TE doesnt watch NFL football......and doesnt understand why it would be important to label Graham as a WR and not TE
Saying Gramah isn't a TE shows a lack of football knowledge. As I said earlier, yet no rebuttal, find me a WR who is lining up attached to the OL even close to 10% of the time. Gramah was attached to the OL a third of the time; therefore, he is a TE.

I think the irrationale hatred from some one here for Breez is comical. Same people crushing him would be hocking him, if he was the Panthers QB.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #62
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I think the irrationale hatred from some one here for Breez is comical.
It's immature and childish. Brees and his wife are both involved in charities and have been for years...but Brees is a "scumbag"?

It's one thing to embarass yourself, another thing to be oblivious to it when you do it.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 AM   #63
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Saying Gramah isn't a TE shows a lack of football knowledge. As I said earlier, yet no rebuttal, find me a WR who is lining up attached to the OL even close to 10% of the time. Gramah was attached to the OL a third of the time; therefore, he is a TE.

I think the irrationale hatred from some one here for Breez is comical. Same people crushing him would be hocking him, if he was the Panthers QB.
Probably not bc Brees would be in a system in which he would not be successful.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #64
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

^^^^^^

My bad now I get it....

If you transplanted Brees and the whole Saints offense and their coaching staff and offensive system to Charlotte and that team suddenly learned how to win outside of a dome then everyone in the QC would love Brees.

Great point. Seems totally plausible.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:00 AM   #65
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Brees is almost as scummy as Tebow.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #66
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
It's immature and childish. Brees and his wife are both involved in charities and have been for years...but Brees is a "scumbag"?

It's one thing to embarass yourself, another thing to be oblivious to it when you do it.
Again Breesus defending the bounty system whose whole existence was to end player's careers makes you a scumbag and deserving of a career ending concussion. Anyone who doesn't see this obviously didn't follow the bountygate scandal.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #67
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Again Breesus defending the bounty system whose whole existence was to end player's careers makes you a scumbag and deserving of a career ending concussion. Anyone who doesn't see this obviously didn't follow the bountygate scandal.
Name one player's career ended as a result of the bounty system. There must be dozens if it's "whole existence was to end player's careers."
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #68
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Oh please, players have always tried to injure the other team's key players and they still do.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #69
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Oh please, players have always tried to injure the other team's key players and they still do.
Not the Panthers. They'd never do such a horrible thing. Just like Cam would never break rules or defend cheating.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #70
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Name one player's career ended as a result of the bounty system. There must be dozens if it's "whole existence was to end player's careers."

They took multiple dirty hits on Farve during the NFC title game which diminished his ability to play and helped the Saints win the game and go to the SB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...were-no-secret

I don't think that they necessarily tried to end careeers but they definitely tried to knock players out of games with late and dirty hits.

Would you be 100% fine if Clemson had a bounty program and intentionally tried to injure Connor Shaw with repeated late hits and dirty plays.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #71
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post

If it s o common then why do we not see games like the 09 NFC title game all the time with repeated late and illegal hits on the QB?

I've never seen such a blatant attept to hurt a QB ever.

Imagine if the was Shaw out there against Clemson and how you'd feel about the late and illegal hits.

To defend a team who was involved in deliberate late and illegal hits in crazy.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #72
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post

Would you be 100% fine if Clemson had a bounty program and intentionally tried to injure Connor Shaw with repeated late hits and dirty plays.
Well of course not.

But I don't think you won't find some fans who would be fine with it if it were us taking out Tajh
Old 01-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #73
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Well of course not.

But I don't think you won't find some fans who would be fine with it if it were us taking out Tajh
Well some posters on here seem to be defending it.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #74
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Well some posters on here seem to be defending it.
Yea but you used the gamecocks.

I think most posters will defend it if it wasn't their own team.
Shit, I know I would.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #75
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Yea but you used the gamecocks.

I think most posters will defend it if it wasn't their own team.
Shit, I know I would.

I think intentionally trying to injure any player by using late hit and dirty tactics is wrong and breaks the "code" among players.

I don't have any love for Farve and actaully was annoyed with his costant retire/unretire BS but I think it is F'd up that the Saints tried to take him out of a game by using late hits and dirty plays.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #76
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
They took multiple dirty hits on Farve during the NFC title game which diminished his ability to play and helped the Saints win the game and go to the SB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...were-no-secret

I don't think that they necessarily tried to end careeers but they definitely tried to knock players out of games with late and dirty hits.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I don't think any Saints were trying to seriously injure players/end careers, they were trying to be disruptive. I agree it wasn't any secret that they were trying to hit Favre as many times as possible. This fact was stated by many of the Saints Defensive players before the game took place. As far as late hits and dirty plays go, that sort of stuff should be officiated on the field and not after the fact by trying to determine intent. If it's a penalty it's a penalty whether there was intent or not.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #77
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
It's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I don't think any Saints were trying to seriously injure players/end careers, they were trying to be disruptive. I agree it wasn't any secret that they were trying to hit Favre as many times as possible. This fact was stated by many of the Saints Defensive players before the game took place. As far as late hits and dirty plays go, that sort of stuff should be officiated on the field and not after the fact by trying to determine intent. If it's a penalty it's a penalty whether there was intent or not.

So if Dylan gets knocked out of the CU game this year by multiple dirty hits then I don't want to hear any whining from you.

The officials will call it and there should be no outcry from the fans.

Got it.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #78
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
This is what it all comes down to. He is pissed that Breez won a Super Bowl with the Saints while he is stuck knowing that Cam will never come close to winning a Super Bowl for the Panthers.

Gramah is a TE and his success is due to Breez more than Breez' success being due to Gramah.
Right. B/c everyone in the league thoughtthat Brees would be a SB winning/HOF QB after his 1st 3 yrs in the NFL.

Quick comparison of stats (we'll leave out Brees' 1st year and use yrs 2,3 & 4 b/c even though he was soooo talented and obviously a HOFer, he only played in 1 game his rookie year).....

Brees total yds - 8,773; total TDs - 58
Cam total yds - 13,331; total TDs - 92

These are rgular season numbers. Brees did play in 5 fewer games but that's b/c he was sucking so much that he was benched in his 3rd year in favor of an aging Doug Flutie.

Yes you can definitely say that Cam will never win a SB with the Cats. The numbers from his career vs Brees' clearly show that. Thank you for the riveting commentary.

Now if you want to argue about the cap hell the Panther's are in due to Hurney then you can make taht argument but we will be waaay better off in 2016 and have a solid GM who will right the ship from a spending ad organizational perspective.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #79
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
If it s o common then why do we not see games like the 09 NFC title game all the time with repeated late and illegal hits on the QB?

I've never seen such a blatant attept to hurt a QB ever.

Imagine if the was Shaw out there against Clemson and how you'd feel about the late and illegal hits.

To defend a team who was involved in deliberate late and illegal hits in crazy.
The bounty had nothing to do with late or illegal hits. The bounty was to hurt the guy.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #80
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Right. B/c everyone in the league thoughtthat Brees would be a SB winning/HOF QB after his 1st 3 yrs in the NFL.

Quick comparison of stats (we'll leave out Brees' 1st year and use yrs 2,3 & 4 b/c even though he was soooo talented and obviously a HOFer, he only played in 1 game his rookie year).....

Brees total yds - 8,773; total TDs - 58
Cam total yds - 13,331; total TDs - 92

These are rgular season numbers. Brees did play in 5 fewer games but that's b/c he was sucking so much that he was benched in his 3rd year in favor of an aging Doug Flutie.

Yes you can definitely say that Cam will never win a SB with the Cats. The numbers from his career vs Brees' clearly show that. Thank you for he riveting commentary.
Not even comparable since when Breez came in the meager it wasn't a pass happy league and the rules hadn't been changed to help the QB as much as it is now. He also had a HC who ran the ball more than the average team. Thanks for trying but you show your homerism.

Cam is the new Donovan Mcnabb. Has a great D winning games for his team, just so long as he doesn't screw it up. Yet when needed they won't make the play in the post season. All you need to know about Cam is that when he was told to center the ball to win the national championship, he tried to sneak the ball in and almost fumbled. He won't win.