CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
FurmanCock
sporkgod50
GregoryHouse
Travelin
doubledribble
qcgamecock
The Yancey
jgoodwin25
Gamecocks1137
ESPN Offensive Unit (1147)
What colors are on t (880)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (815)
Nosovitch back at QB (671)
LSU Hit With Recruit (626)
LSU slapped with rec (418)
Mt.Rushmore of Gamec (323)
Kevin Stallings Bera (314)
Russell Woods (PF) 6 (202)
Winter was rough bri (196)
ESPN Offensive Unit Ranki
Nosovitch back at QB per
**USC vs. Clemson GAME #1
Dawn Staley: Putting S.C.
Kevin Stallings Berates P
An early look at South Ca
HILLCREST RAMS ON COURSE
Future OOC scheduling
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Is progress being made?

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #4441
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Chauncey Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They've got to be related. They both went to Tucker and switched to Stephenson and both the last name is Rivers? That would be on crazy coincidence if they are not related.
They're brothers

Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #4442
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Wimbush

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Bryant has an offer as an ATH not a QB.
Kevin Johnson has tried to commit before and has been denied
Wrong. Initially, Bryant was offered as an athlete when he was in the 9th grade at Abbeville running a flex bone(A bone in Abb) offense. This past season with him at Wren in a spread offense , we offered him as qb as did a lot of the schools who had previously offered him as an athlete.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 AM   #4443
Cocks01
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1432
Cocks01 has feathers coming inCocks01 has feathers coming inCocks01 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
He has already tweeted BAW about the offer

I guess the 2015 recruits already know who the 2014 leader is!
What is "BAW" ?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #4444
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudlyrrsandersjr is crowing loudly

[quote=Cocks01;4075354]What is "BAW" ?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk

Bryson Allen-Williams...you don't come on here much do you?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #4445
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bryce Love

Quote:
Junior RB Bryce Love of Wake Forest, NC has added Nebraska to his offer sheet. The Cornhuskers join Clemson, USC, North Carolina, NC State, Northwestern, Appalachian State, Tennessee, Penn State, Stanford, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Duke and Arkansas. Love’s father, Chris Love, ran track at USC. Love also has several ties to Clemson and is showing strong interest in the two Palmetto State programs.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-crucial/

Quote:
Vanderbilt is the latest to offer junior RB Bryce Love of Wake Forest, NC. The Commodores extended the offer to Love Wednesday. The Commodores are the second school to offer Love this week. Nebraska was the other. His other offers are Clemson, USC, NC State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke, Appalachian State, Penn State, Ohio State, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, East Carolina, Northwestern, Stanford, Tennessee and Virginia Tech. Love does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...defensive-end/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-31-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 AM   #4446
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Isaiah Hill

Quote:
Junior RB Isaiah Hill (6-2 210) of Byrnes has scheduled his first junior day visit. The Upstate back will be at Charlotte February 22nd. Though he has not received an offer, Hill is hearing from several schools. “North Carolina and Old Dominion have talked to me,” he said. “They tell me they really like me. I really like North Carolina. It’s a laid back place and the coaches are really cool.” Hill visited Chapel Hill during the season. Other schools sending mail to Hill include Penn State, Alabama, Louisville and NC State. Hill has not heard from USC or Clemson of late. This summer he does plan to attend several camps but has not deciding on those locations. He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...dnesday-night/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #4447
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Freddie Phillips

Quote:
Junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion has remained in contact with former USC defensive line coach Brad Lawing. Lawing is now at Florida. The two continue to speak and Phillips may visit Gainesville. “He wants me to come down for a visit,” Phillips said. “I think I’ll probably go down there and check it out.” Currently, Phillips has offers from North Carolina and NC State. He has yet to visit UNC. “I did go there for a camp but they want me to come up with my mom and dad,” he said. “I want to get up there so I can really take a look at everything. I’m definitely interested and I liked the coaches.” Phillips has visited NC State and the Wolfpack were the first to offer him. “I went up there with my parents and we saw them play Central Michigan,” he said. “It was really nice. I’ve also been to a junior day there.” He plans to visit other schools this spring but has not finalized a schedule. Phillips wants to wait for more offers to see who is interested in his services before deciding on visits. He has not heard from Clemson or USC in some time. There are no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-leave-state/

Quote:
WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion with travel to Raleigh this weekend for a junior day visit to NC State. He holds offers from State and North Carolina. Phillips has yet to visit Chapel Hill. Florida defensive line coach Brad Lawing has remained in contact with Phillips which could result in a visit to Gainesville down the road. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-crucial/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-31-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:51 AM   #4448
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks01 View Post
What is "BAW" ?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Not sure if serious....
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #4449
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jake Fruhmorgen

Quote:
Clemson is one of the six schools to make the shortened list of junior OL Jake Fruhmorgen of Tampa. The Tigers are joined on the list by Michigan, Florida, Alabama, Notre Dame and Tennessee according to his father who is a former Alabama offensive lineman. Fruhmorgen will attend Clemson’s junior day this Saturday.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ver-gamecocks/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 AM   #4450
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Rion Davis

Quote:
Junior DB Rion Davis of AC Flora has scheduled two junior day visits for next month. NC State is his sole offer. He will be in Raleigh February 2nd for their junior day. The Wolfpack is the only school that has been able to visit Davis since the end of the dead period. “They just came by to see how I was doing,” Davis said. “Clemson and USC came by on the same day but I was busy doing something for a teacher so I didn’t get to talk to them.” His other junior day will be to Georgia Tech February 22nd. His only other visit to Tech was for a basketball camp. “Paul Johnson visited me when I was a sophomore,” he said. “I liked him. He told me he had watched my film and wanted to get me down for a game. I never got a chance to go though.” Davis is showing interest in the Yellow Jackets but named Clemson, USC, NC State, Georgia, Florida State and Tennessee as his top schools. He plans attend camps at FSU and North Carolina this summer as well as a Rivals camp. Davis did not name a leader.

Link
: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ch-to-wideman/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 AM   #4451
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

Quote:
North Carolina and Wake Forest had coaches in attendance Tuesday to watch junior WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside of Dorman play basketball. The two-sport star is getting most of attention in football with early offers from Elon and Appalachian State. Due to NCAA regulations, Arcega-Whiteside was unable to speak with the coaches that came to see him. “They did let me know on social media that they were impressed with my athleticism,” he said. “I plan on going to junior days at both schools.” Arcega-Whiteside is also planning to attend junior days at USC and Clemson, though he is unsure of the scheduling issues that might occur. “It will really depend on the basketball team,” he said. “If we go on to win State, it might not work out.” USC assistant Shawn Elliott is the only other coach to stop by the school to visit with Arcega-Whiteside. “He came by to see me and one other player but I couldn’t get out of class to see him,” he said. This summer he plans to attend several camps, one in particular. “Clemson invited me to their camp and said if I perform really well, they could offer me,” Arcega-Whiteside said. “I’ll definitely go there and some other ACC and SEC schools around this area.” Arcega-Whiteside does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ch-to-wideman/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #4452
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Kaleb Chalmers

Quote:
Junior DB Kaleb Chalmers of Greenwood continues to hear from several schools and says he has no favorites. Clemson, Tennessee, Duke and North Carolina appear to be showing the most interest but he is also hearing from several other schools including USC, “Clemson is a really good school and it’s close to home,” Chalmers said. Since the end of the ‘dead period’, Chalmers has not received any visits but feels that will change. “We haven’t started school yet so they haven’t had a chance to come by and see me,” he said. “We go back tomorrow.” He plans to take in several junior days but has yet to map out any of his trips. His offers include Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Duke, Stanford, North Carolina and Georgia Southern with interest from USC and Auburn. He is showing interest in Clemson and USC.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-toward-usc/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 AM   #4453
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Michael Bowman

Quote:
Junior WR Michael Bowman of Havelock, NC has visited USC and plans to visit again. Though he has not scheduled any junior days or future visits, Bowman said USC, Clemson and NC State are schools he would like to get to before the summer. “I don’t know when I’m going to take visits,” he said. “But those are the three schools I want to see.” It would be his first visit to Clemson. “Clemson is a nice school,” Bowman said. “I just want to check it out.” The Tigers have yet to offer though they are showing interest. USC and NC State continue to lead for Bowman but he does not have a favorite. Each has offered. His other offers are from North Carolina, East Carolina and Penn State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-toward-usc/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:00 AM   #4454
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Isaiah Hill

Has good speed and can catch but has fumble issues that need to be addressed. Najee Bowens is a good one for Byrnes, he can flat out fly.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #4455
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Albert Huggins

Quote:
Junior DL Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson will be the center of a recruiting storm for the 2015 class and the in-state rivals are making him a priority. Friday Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and defensive coordinator Brent Venables and USC defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward and fellow recruiter Everette Sands were by his school to check on him. Huggins has offers from the Tigers and Gamecocks along with Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, Georgia, NC State, North Carolina, Auburn, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Huggins has no favorites right now but he’s starting to do his homework. “I broke down the key points that I’m interested in and stuff like that. I’m trying to do it right.” And it’s even too early for Huggins to formulate a favorite between the two locals. “I hate to say it but I really can’t. They are both great programs, great players and great coaches. It’s hard to say.” Huggins said he hasn’t decided yet when he’ll make his decision though after watching players announce at the Under Armour game earlier this month, he’s giving consideration to doing that at either the Under Armour or Army All American Game. He’s been invited to both and hasn’t decided which one he will play in. Huggins is also looking at going to a junior day February 1st at either Clemson or Florida but hasn’t decided on which one.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...od-with-green/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #4456
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Brian Chaffin

Quote:
With the ‘dead period’ over, Clemson got back on the recruiting trail stopping by to visit junior OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte Thursday. Clemson and USC have expressed interest in Chaffin, though neither has offered. “I think Clemson is showing me more interest than South Carolina right now,” Chaffin said. “They told my coach that they’re focusing more on (offensive) tackles in this class but that I’m still high on their board.” He plans to attend a junior day at Clemson next month. He did pick up an offer from North Carolina Thursday, his sixth. They join NC State, Wake Forest, Northwestern, Mississippi State and Charlotte. Chaffin will visit Northwestern Saturday and plans to get back to NC State soon. He is interested in both the Tigers and Gamecocks.. Other schools showing interest include Georgia Tech and Duke. Chaffin will take several visits over the next several months before he begins to narrow his list. “I want to visit the schools that are most interested in me and take it from there,” he said. Chaffin does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ree-finalists/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:05 AM   #4457
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Marquane Goodman

Quote:
Junior QB Marquane Goodman of West Florence has USC and NC State as his top choices. His sole offer is from Appalachian State with interest coming from USC, NC State, Arkansas and Tennessee. “I’ve liked Carolina ever since I camped there,” Goodman said. “I love their coaches. They tell you like it is.” Goodman will visit Appalachian State in the near future and hopes to visit USC as well. “When I talk to the coaches (at Appalachian State), they just tell me how they want me to come up for a visit and go watch a basketball game,” he said. “From all of the research I’ve done on them, it seems like a really good school. They have good academics and it seems like a nice, quiet place to be.” The school will move to the FBS level and that is another plus with Goodman. Clemson and NC State are two visits Goodman has made enjoying both game atmospheres. He will attend a Rivals camp this summer and plans to attend several others.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ore-he-visits/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:05 AM   #4458
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Nyheim Hines

Quote:
RB Nyheim Hines of Garner, NC had perhaps the best offensive season of any non-quarterback in the Carolinas in 2013. Hines rushed for 3147 yards and 50 touchdowns. He averaged 10.5 yards per carry. He also had 600 yards receiving with 8 touchdowns, he passed for two touchdowns and he had a pair of touchdowns on kickoff returns. All of that will make him one of the hottest prospects around for 2014 and right now Clemson and USC figure to be in the hunt. Hines said he’s in regular contact with the recruiters from both schools. “I talked to coach (Clemson’s Jeff) Scott before their bowl game,” he said. “They want me to play that position Sammy (Watkins) played. And I’ve been talking to coach (USC Steve) Spurrier Jr. and I will visit USC. I’ve not been there. I talk to coach Spurrier Jr. about every week. He likes me as a slot receiver.” Hines also plans to visit Clemson, Ohio State, Duke, Tennessee and Florida State. He’s also in regular contact with Duke, Florida State, Nebraska, Wake Forest. Tennessee and Virginia Tech are his most recent offers. Hines said he doesn’t have any clear favorites right now. “I’m checking out everything everybody has to offer.” Hines will graduate early so he expects to make his decision between September and November.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ore-he-visits/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #4459
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Quote:
ATH RayRay McCloud of Tampa has been offered as a running back by Clemson and USC. McCloud has not visited USC but has been to Clemson twice. He says he is interested in both programs. “I took a couple of unofficial visits to Clemson so I haven’t seen everything,” he said. “The things I saw there make it seem like a good football town.” As for USC, McCloud said, “I know I haven’t been there yet but it is a good program and seems like a good place to be.” Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee and Vanderbilt are the other schools he has visited. He plans to visit Florida, South Florida and Southern Cal this spring. McCloud plays on both sides of the ball and says he does not have a preference. “If I can help out at running back, I’ll play there,” he said. “If I can help out at cornerback, I’ll play there.” He does not have any favorites but said that USC, Clemson, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Florida are showing the most interest. All have offered. His other offers include UCLA, Ohio State, Louisville and Wisconsin.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ommits-to-usc/

Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #4460
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 185) of Phenix City, AL has Clemson in his top five. He named Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson in that order. A new offer could shuffle his list. “Florida offered me this morning,” Samuel said. “I’m going to visit for their junior day. They could make my top five but I don’t really know right now.” Samuel does not have any other visits scheduled but did say he plans to visit Clemson in his future. He says the Tigers have maintained contact though he has not spoken with them recently. As for why the Seminoles are leading for his services, he explained. “Florida State is recruiting me the hardest, I like the way they do things and I like how they finished the season.” Samuel is also hearing from USC but is not sure of a future visit to Columbia. His offers include Clemson, Auburn, Florida State, Florida, Ohio State, California, Tennessee, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, South Florida and Southern Miss. As a junior, Samuel rushed for over 1,700 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...in-uscs-class/

Closed Thread