CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
Larenz Bryant update (1695)
Joeckel Transfering (965)
Victor Hampton Arres (831)
UK's Whitlow to tran (685)
2016 - Greg Little (672)
What type of snake i (509)
response from charte (492)
Wu Tang affiliated r (426)
13 Vintage Internet (256)
Attendance next seas (221)
Joeckel Transfering from
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
boiled peanuts
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
Victor Hampton Arrested
Steak and eggs
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Running Back from Phenix City, Alabama

List interest in USC, Alabama, Clemson, North Carolina, and Oregon

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Traveon Samuel Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
Based on the spring circuit, keep an eye on this 2015 scatback from Central in Phenix City, Ala. Samuel (5-8, 172) has burst and ball skills.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Inside-...-Atlanta-70270

Quote:
This type of setting highlights acceleration and hands – two attributes Samuel (5-8, 172), a 2015 running back from Central High School in Phenix City, Ala., continues to showcase in the spring circuit. As was the case at the MVP Camp Atlanta last month, linebackers were hard-pressed to find a gear to keep up once Samuel made a cut on a route.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/NUC-Atl...rformers-70079

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Quote:
Samuel showcased his speed and hands again at his third MVP Camp in the last two years. He is one of the quickest athletes on the field at all times and it is almost impossible for him to be covered. He makes quick cuts and he explodes out of his breaks.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1269468.html

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Traveon “PlayStation” Samuel has been a name talked about for a couple of years now, and backed up the chatter in 2012 rushing for 823 yards and 19 touchdowns, and catching 43 passes for 734 yards and five additional scores. The 5-foot-8, 175-pounder features elite quickness, change of direction and the ability to make multiple defenders miss in space. Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State, Clemson and South Florida are among his early offers.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Class-o...ospects-127634

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 180) of Phenix City, AL named Clemson among his top five. Though he did not give the entire list, Samuel said, “Alabama and Auburn are my two favorites. Clemson is number five. Florida State is somewhere in there at three or four.” Samuel has yet to visit Clemson. “It’s a pretty good program and they run my style of offense,” he said. “It’s a pretty good academic school. I plan on visiting them eventually.” He says he is in no hurry to make a decision and still has several visits he would like to take. Thus far, he has visited Alabama, Auburn, South Florida, UAB, Louisville, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. He will visit FSU this weekend for the Miami game and will also attend the Iron Bowl. “I grew up an Alabama fan,” Samuel said. “Auburn is a pretty good program too and they have a good academic program.” His offers include Clemson, Auburn, UAB, Washington, LSU, Duke, USF, North Carolina, NC State, Tennessee and California. With just one game left this season, Samuel has 16 touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...with-his-four/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 185) of Phenix City, AL has Clemson in his top five. He named Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson in that order. A new offer could shuffle his list. “Florida offered me this morning,” Samuel said. “I’m going to visit for their junior day. They could make my top five but I don’t really know right now.” Samuel does not have any other visits scheduled but did say he plans to visit Clemson in his future. He says the Tigers have maintained contact though he has not spoken with them recently. As for why the Seminoles are leading for his services, he explained. “Florida State is recruiting me the hardest, I like the way they do things and I like how they finished the season.” Samuel is also hearing from USC but is not sure of a future visit to Columbia. His offers include Clemson, Auburn, Florida State, Florida, Ohio State, California, Tennessee, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, South Florida and Southern Miss. As a junior, Samuel rushed for over 1,700 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...in-uscs-class/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
Junior RB Traveon Samuel (5-8 185) of Phenix City, AL has dropped Clemson from his top five and added USC to his top four. This may have to do with the interest level shown by each school. The Gamecocks have not yet offered Samuel but he did say, “They told me they would probably offer me when I came up for the spring game.” Samuel is planning to make that trip. On the other hand, he says the Tigers have not contacted him in some time. So as Clemson’s interest has appeared to have waned, USC’s interest appears to have grown. “They’ve been talking to me a lot lately,” Samuel said. “They have told me how they could use me as a slot receiver, like they did with Ace Sanders, and I could have a chance at the next level.” He has USC behind Florida, Florida State and Auburn. Each of his top three have offered. “I like South Carolina,” he said. “They’re in the SEC and it’s a pretty place. They’re winning a lot and it’s not too far from home. I really like the coaches there.” Samuel did not name a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...clemson-fades/

Quote:
While he keeps busy playing baseball, RB Traveon Samuel of Phenix City, AL has football visits in the back of his mind. One of those visits he would like to take is to USC this spring.
Samuel says he maintains contact with the Gamecock coaching staff via social media. “I’ve been talking to coach Grady (Brown) online,” said Samuel. “They want me to come up for a visit. I’ve been talking to my (high school) coaches about taking a trip up there more and more so it seems like it’s going to happen. South Carolina has some great coaches and an exciting offense. I like them a lot.”
Samuel said that visit could take place in the next two weeks. He plans to attend a spring practice. Florida State is another schools Samuel wants to see in person and that is reciprocating the attention.
“We’ve got a pretty good connection,” he said. “I want to o there too (for a visit). They just won a national championship so obviously things are going pretty good there.”
His last visit was to Auburn which is very close to home. Samuel said he had been invited the tour some of the new facilities.
Though he has not heard from Clemson lately, Samuel says he remains interested in the Tigers. “If they ask me to come, I would love to go visit their school,” he said.
Samuel has no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...uple-of-weeks/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Wow dropped Clemson and added us. Looks like a playmaker
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote