CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
WeStill0wnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
USCBASEBALL1
The Yancey
B-G
BiggerLSUfan
Rooster'srule
Spur's Addiction
Jay Paterno Attempts (829)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (800)
Hercules - review (383)
Gamecock Coaches as (371)
help with army insig (364)
Ranking the Opposing (345)
Not a Rival.. (243)
I'm a grand godfathe (210)
NCAA Football 15 (203)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (171)
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
Not a Rival..
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Mon Denson
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Green and Lammons

Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #41
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Jim Harbaugh: I think great things will happen for Marcus Lattimore

I'm not a fan of Kap or Cam and I'm not a panthers fan.
Actually don't have an NFL team at all.

I just don't like Kap's whole "getup" either. Must be how I was raised as a kid.
Gimme someone like Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady or Drew Brees.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #42
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
Probably? Most people here have garnet glasses on. We *know* Lattimore would be a good heir apparent to Gore, but the truth is: Gore is an elite running back in the NFC. He gets hard yards, doesnt fumble, and is only the most productive back in 49er history. I may be mistaken, but I dont think his numbers are way off this year as compared to his career

He wont retire. He probably will stay with the 9ers. He's slowing down a step, so I expect to see more of a sharing of carries in the backfield (maybe 60% gore, 40 % Lattimore/James/Hunter/Dixon).

Actually. Checked out his career stats:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...479/frank-gore

They're practically unchanged in the past 3 years. At most, he may restructure to stay with the 9ers, but I dont see him leaving or retiring.
I am not saying he is washed up or that Marcus would be better next year. But they need that money to resign Boldin and Whitner or find Some replacements for them and Carlos Rodgers too.

Can Marcus, Dixon, James, and hunter fulfill the workload good enough to replace an aging star? I guess Big Jim will have to make that call.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #43
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 562
Jack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talons

I don't understand Panthers fans who hate Kap either. He had a better team for one game. I'm a Falcons fan, but I didn't hate Kap after the playoffs last season. I was more disappointed in my own team for not getting it done. I also have a hard time with Gamecock fans who are in love with Scam Newton, it just seems wrong to me.

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #44
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Garnet View Post
I don't understand Panthers fans who hate Kap either. He had a better team for one game. I'm a Falcons fan, but I didn't hate Kap after the playoffs last season. I was more disappointed in my own team for not getting it done. I also have a hard time with Gamecock fans who are in love with Scam Newton, it just seems wrong to me.
When Cam Newton is accused of things that aren't true but when Kaperchoke actually personifies the same things that Cam is accused of then you will understand. What was I supposed to stop being a Panther fan because we drafted Cam Newton all due to the failures of the SEC and the NCAA, I don't think so, and if you have been watching Cam's play and maturity over the past three seasons then again you would understand why. We love that he is our QB, true Panther fans have been on board with him since we drafted him. It seems wrong to me that Gamecocks fans who constantly kiss Fraud Tebow's behind is beyond disgusting. But on a side note if you from South Carolina I don't understand why there are fans of teams that are no where near here, sounds more like meteorologists of the fair weather to me. All of my teams are either in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Georgia,
Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #45
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

gamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteven34 View Post
Good, good...let the hate flow through you.

I really don't understand why so many people hate Kap...I really don't. One thing I like about being a Niners fan is I don't have to pretend to like Cam like Gamecock/panthers fans. Cam will always be that cheater from Auburn to me, nothing will change that.

To get back on topic. Visiting several Niners websites has shown the the Niner faithful are very excited about Marcus.
I am not one of the people to hate on Colin Kaepernick, but "as a Niners fan" you have to be able to understand why people hate on him. Just watch your sig a few times.
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #46
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I look forward to seeing him plow trough defenses this August.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #47
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
When Cam Newton is accused of things that aren't true but when Kaperchoke actually personifies the same things that Cam is accused of then you will understand. What was I supposed to stop being a Panther fan because we drafted Cam Newton all due to the failures of the SEC and the NCAA, I don't think so, and if you have been watching Cam's play and maturity over the past three seasons then again you would understand why. We love that he is our QB, true Panther fans have been on board with him since we drafted him. It seems wrong to me that Gamecocks fans who constantly kiss Fraud Tebow's behind is beyond disgusting. But on a side note if you from South Carolina I don't understand why there are fans of teams that are no where near here, sounds more like meteorologists of the fair weather to me. All of my teams are either in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Georgia,

You get how that's absurd. Right? What if someone moves from, say, Washington state. Decides to support the college program in town enthusiastically, but is also a Seattle Seahawks fan. The fact that he *DOESNT* change allegiances specifically means he isn't a fair weather fan. No bandwagoning or anything...
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #48
GarnetnBad
Remember The Fade!

Male

GarnetnBad has hatched from the shell

I am looking forward to the day where folks are dropping Gore and picking up Lattimore on their Fantasy Waiver Wires.

"I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!"

-P.W. Herman
GarnetnBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #49
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
But on a side note if you from South Carolina I don't understand why there are fans of teams that are no where near here, sounds more like meteorologists of the fair weather to me. All of my teams are either in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Georgia,
I trimmed up your response to focus on what I wish to discuss.

But first, we are going to have to agree to disagree on Kap. I would not trade him for Cam ever. That said, you are completely justified in sticking up for your QB.

I am a Gamecock through and through, born and raised in Charleston SC. I have been a Gamecocks fan since I can first remember following sports. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Gymnastics, Golf, etc... You name the college sport and there is a decent chance I have been to a game/match pulling for USC. My blood runs Garnet and Black, always has and always will.

I have been a 49ers fan since 1988, the very first NFL game I ever remember watching as a child was Super Bowl XXIII. Watching Montana use Rice and Taylor on that game winning drive filled me with a sense of awe. My love for the 49ers was born then and there. I have been a Niners fan since, through the glory days of Walsh and Seifert, to the nightmares of Nolan and Singletary. I have stayed true, even when the state of North Carolina got a pro football team. What was I supposed to do? Drop a team that I had followed since I started watching the NFL, just because this new team was from the next state over? That right there WOULD make me a "fair weather" fan.

Now, you accuse me of being a "fair weather" fan? I am one of the most loyal sports fans you will ever meet.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #50
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
No one said anything about him taking Kaepernick's job. Great way to tater it out though.
Alright well how the hell else is Connor Shaw going to get on the field? And dont tell me he is going to split time with Kaepernick because that is bullshit. The only way Shaw makes it in the NFL more than likely is by switching positions
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Alright well how the hell else is Connor Shaw going to get on the field? And dont tell me he is going to split time with Kaepernick because that is bullshit. The only way Shaw makes it in the NFL more than likely is by switching positions
Gee, I dunno, how did Kaepernick get the starting job? How did Steve Young get his starting job? How did Lou Gehrig get his starting job?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #52
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
No offense.. but according to a lot of scouts.. the only way tajh boyd makes it in the NFL is if he has good clipboard holding skills
Old 01-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #53
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Whay are we talking about cam Newton, Kaeprnick, and Tahj Boyd.

Thought this was about Lattimore.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #54
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Whay are we talking about cam Newton, Kaeprnick, and Tahj Boyd.

Thought this was about Lattimore.
Because your typical Clemson fan came out of the woodwork when people were tossing around ideas so he could bash a USC player. I can only assume he fears Connor will be taken before Tajh, if Tajh even gets taken at all.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #55
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

As always. Prayers are sent to Marcus. Looking forward to seeing him on the field again.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #56
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe because my dad was a fan of a particular team outside of this region LOOOOOOOOOOOONG before the Panthers were around and decided not to change who he pulled for when the Panthers were introduced. Since that was what I was around when I was little, I pulled for the same team.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 AM   #57
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Lattimore still cant take away the fact that SF is the most hated team in America.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:05 AM   #58
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Lattimore still cant take away the fact that SF is the most hated team in America.
No they aren't.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 AM   #59
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
No they aren't.
They are without a doubt. Did you read kaeps comments today? made him sound like an even bigger d-bag than he already was. And seeing Harbaugh whine after every play drives me crazy,
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #60
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
They are without a doubt. Did you read kaeps comments today? made him sound like an even bigger d-bag than he already was. And seeing Harbaugh whine after every play drives me crazy,
The Cowboys are still the most hated team in the country.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...tional_102.pdf