CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
zcoop
ccured
18IsTheMan
East Carolina Predic (2610)
Why didn't Wes Green (1992)
A&M on 3rd down (1386)
You guys are horribl (933)
All of our defensive (929)
It's the offenses no (912)
louisville (891)
Uniform thread (609)
Did we ever go after (517)
Watching the Georgia (481)
Spurrier Presser
Rankings
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Cack's Toast of the Game:
East Carolina Prediction
New to Cockytalk...
Nick Chubb
Spurrier Presser
USC/ECU 9/6/20114
3-4 "D" Keep it

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #61
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Blake McClain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
Well we haven't offered Dallas Rivers yet.
Well we had people ahead of him, and also he played for Tucker his first 3 years. We can't recruit Tucker players because of Ron Cooper.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #62
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

According to CC the "secret" prospect recruit is 2 star athlete Jerry Gibson who is currently commited to Minnesotta.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #63
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Hmm, he is a 3 star on 247, but a TE? interesting
Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #64
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Chubb is not going anywhere.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #65
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Sure seems like we are going with the shotgun approach in the final days before NSD. Makes me think there will be a lot of movement on our boards.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #66
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
According to CC the "secret" prospect recruit is 2 star athlete Jerry Gibson who is currently commited to Minnesotta.
2stars?.....
Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #67
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdnumbaone View Post
2stars?.....
LOL! Did you even see his highlights? He is awesome. He could be a TE a WR or a DE, but I think really he is best as just a tall RB, and with his height he is threat to go deep. Put this guy in backfield with Crosby and we will have our way with defenses. This guy is AT LEAST a high 3 star talent. I like this guy better than Ritchie honestly, and I think Ritchie probably won't qualify.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #68
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Getting Chubb or any other good committed prospect would be awesome.

It is not Chubb. I don't know who it is.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #69
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Sure seems like we are going with the shotgun approach in the final days before NSD. Makes me think there will be a lot of movement on our boards.
I thought the same thing. I really hope we're not in for a bad surprise on Wednesday. It's odd that there's so many names popping up this late.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #70
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOL! Did you even see his highlights? He is awesome. He could be a TE a WR or a DE, but I think really he is best as just a tall RB, and with his height he is threat to go deep. Put this guy in backfield with Crosby and we will have our way with defenses. This guy is AT LEAST a high 3 star talent. I like this guy better than Ritchie honestly, and I think Ritchie probably won't qualify.
Nothing in his measurables nor his film looks other than "project." Not an encouraging rumor if true.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #71
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Nothing in his measurables nor his film looks other than "project." Not an encouraging rumor if true.
everyone is a "project." Just because you personally can't see the potential doesn't mean it is not there. The guy is really fast for his size and has good hands and runs with power. He'd be rated higher if he was a prototypical size and teams clearly knew what to do with him. If our coaches offered than they know what they want to do with him.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #72
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I thought the same thing. I really hope we're not in for a bad surprise on Wednesday. It's odd that there's so many names popping up this late.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #73
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

How good is this kid? Haven't heard anything about him
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #74
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabercr2 View Post
That'd be surprising. USC doesn't even show on the Rivals list of schools that show interest and I couldn't even find a thread on him. It came out of nowhere.

If you use offer lists as a gauge, he was offered by Minnesota, Ark State, Furman, Iowa, La Tech, La-Laf, Nicholls, Northern Illinois, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Troy and UAB. Doesn't give me much confidence, but time will tell how good he is.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #75
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I don't know if its that surprising, all 5 of the main targets needed to choose us to fill out the class. Prince is all but out, Scott has chosen Tennessee. That alone is 2 spots. Factor in Caldwell being borked by the SEC and we are now at 3 additional slots to fill at RB, DL, or some other position of need. I am sure they would love another good Olineman, but none seem to be "on the market."

So take those 3 additional slots they are trying to fill at this moment and then consider that we might not get Wideman, it's still iffy at this point. That is possibly 4 slots they want to fill, and the only people we have a really good track on flipping (outside of Wideman) is McClain.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #76
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
That'd be surprising. USC doesn't even show on the Rivals list of schools that show interest and I couldn't even find a thread on him. It came out of nowhere.

If you use offer lists as a gauge, he was offered by Minnesota, Ark State, Furman, Iowa, La Tech, La-Laf, Nicholls, Northern Illinois, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Troy and UAB. Doesn't give me much confidence, but time will tell how good he is.
it's called "under the radar." Contrary to popular belief Alabama and Auburn can't get everyone in their state, they don't have the room. Some slip through their fingers like Johnathon Walton last year, and this Robinson guy this year.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #77
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I don't know if its that surprising, all 5 of the main targets needed to choose us to fill out the class. Prince is all but out, Scott has chosen Tennessee. That alone is 2 spots. Factor in Caldwell being borked by the SEC and we are now at 3 additional slots to fill at RB, DL, or some other position of need. I am sure they would love another good Olineman, but none seem to be "on the market."

So take those 3 additional slots they are trying to fill at this moment and then consider that we might not get Wideman, it's still iffy at this point. That is possibly 4 slots they want to fill, and the only people we have a really good track on flipping (outside of Wideman) is McClain.
And a lot guys won't qualify including the chance for some we didn't expect.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:19 PM   #78
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I just hope we keep who we have committed and sign green and lammons. would like wideman as well. mainly just don't want any last minute surprises with guys jumping ship.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #79
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

2* & 3* = who cares. Ask Captain, Norwood, & a boat load of other former Carolina greats. Heck Skai was a 3* until the end...how did that work out?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #80
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
it's called "under the radar." Contrary to popular belief Alabama and Auburn can't get everyone in their state, they don't have the room. Some slip through their fingers like Johnathon Walton last year, and this Robinson guy this year.
He's really underneath everyone's radar then, including our own since it doesn't seem we made contact. That's why I'd be surprised if he was any kind of surprise to USC.
Closed Thread