CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
carolinacocky
HBC Weekly Presser (1249)
Thompson Has Neck In (1109)
Funny? (1031)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (623)
What fish do you eat (576)
KY Suspends 4 Player (512)
Clowney didnt get ma (424)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (372)
4th & 1 Play (348)
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Thompson Has Neck Injury
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #1361
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Dawg run I think its called
Old 01-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #1362
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I swear I saw a tweet on his page that said his OV to UGA was still on. I can't find it now....

Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #1363
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Maybe with all the snow still hanging around, not exactly a good weekend for a visit if you ask me. Wesley, you already been there a bunch. Nothing to see.
Cancel and save yourself a wasted weekend. BAW, don't let him out of your sight.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #1364
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Yea he said he was still visiting UGA this weekend
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #1365
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC remains the public leader for DB Wesley Green of Lithonia, GA but he will take his official visit to Georgia this weekend with his father, a weekend in which Georgia is scheduled to bring in a number of their top targets. So, this visit will go a long way in determining Green’s final decision. “He’s telling everybody the same thing, that it’s going to get down to the wire and he’ll make a decision once he sees how everything goes this weekend,” Green’s coach Cortez Allen said. USC is out front but Allen said, “There’s more and more conversation about Georgia. He makes it clear to say South Carolina is still in the lead but the conversation has been more and more about what’s going on at Georgia. Coach Spurrier came in last week and they had a great conversation but I know from talking to coach (Lorenzo) Ward that he knows they have to stay in there.” Ward and secondary coach Grady Brown plan to visit Green Wednesday, weather permitting. Green has not seen any coaches this week. Allen said Green could have a decision as early as Sunday or Monday after he visits Georgia and is likely to make it public then via Twitter rather than waiting until the school signing ceremony Wednesday morning. “As soon as he has a clear cut decision, I think he will make it public.”

DB Wesley Green of Lithonia, GA has USC as his leader, according to his coach, Cortez Allen. Speaking with Green via text, he only confirmed that he would make his official visit to Georgia this weekend. When asked if USC remained his current leader, Green would not respond.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-crucial/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #1366
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

I'm gonna stick around on here just to see the commitments of these guys i have said were going to commit. All the messages and snoody remarks have gotten too much! I appreciate the support from some of you, but after National Signing day I think I'm done being an "insider" as so many of you claim I'm faking to be. Lammons and Green are Gamecocks, seeing y'all fluster over them let's me know how worried y'all are. But I can tell you there's nothing to be worried about!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #1367
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

coaches need to stay on this guy as hard as they can...
Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #1368
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
I'm gonna stick around on here just to see the commitments of these guys i have said were going to commit. All the messages and snoody remarks have gotten too much! I appreciate the support from some of you, but after National Signing day I think I'm done being an "insider" as so many of you claim I'm faking to be. Lammons and Green are Gamecocks, seeing y'all fluster over them let's me know how worried y'all are. But I can tell you there's nothing to be worried about!
Just know that most of us appreciate the info. We're just also generally the quieter ones in the forums.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #1369
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Just know that most of us appreciate the info. We're just also generally the quieter ones in the forums.
ditto.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #1370
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Where did this come from? No one has said anything about you in awhile. Threatening to take your ball and go home out of nowhere doesn't look good either. I hope your right, but please understand you're not an established poster in this forum, so someone popping up and saying "I heard this" with no supporting info makes people suspicious. There have been established posters that have been wrong before too, so just predicting two guys to come here doesn't make you a prophet all of the sudden.

Regardless, I hope you stick around and contribute more. I for one am more interested in the details than I am the "I heard this guy was coming here". Look at other threads, posts trying to "call it" without details are a dime a dozen to be honest. Not trying to belittle you in any way shape or form, just trying to get you to see what everyone else might be seeing. Regardless, at least you're not a chicken little, freaking out that we missed out on an RB!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #1371
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
True that.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #1372
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
How 'bout your statement on 1/23/14 in this thread?

"But you can look back from a month ago and see where i said Green was going to be a gamecock. As for the whole Prince thing i did originally say he was a soft commit and for that I am sorry but I do think he is coming to USC, from what i hear he's 80% USC 20% Terps."

Not making a "snide comment." You may prove to be the best "insider" ever, but I don't trust anybody's accuracy in predicting commitments except MAYBE the kid himself . . . and even then . . ..
Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #1373
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Where did this come from? No one has said anything about you in awhile. Threatening to take your ball and go home out of nowhere doesn't look good either. I hope your right, but please understand you're not an established poster in this forum, so someone popping up and saying "I heard this" with no supporting info makes people suspicious. There have been established posters that have been wrong before too, so just predicting two guys to come here doesn't make you a prophet all of the sudden.

Regardless, I hope you stick around and contribute more. I for one am more interested in the details than I am the "I heard this guy was coming here". Look at other threads, posts trying to "call it" without details are a dime a dozen to be honest. Not trying to belittle you in any way shape or form, just trying to get you to see what everyone else might be seeing. Regardless, at least you're not a chicken little, freaking out that we missed out on an RB!
He mentions "messages," it wouldn't surprise me if some bozos on here bothered the guy's inbox prodding him about what he knows and calling him a fake if he refused to tell them about it. Whether he does or not, who cares. Some people pretending to be Sherlock Holmes feel the need to investigate message board posts as if they are on an episode of CSI while telling everyone they "expose" people from time to time. Gets pretty ridiculous.

It's the guy's opinion, it may be an informed or uninformed one but no one knows for sure. People who get paid for a living get this stuff wrong from time to time.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #1374
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
How 'bout your statement on 1/23/14 in this thread?

"But you can look back from a month ago and see where i said Green was going to be a gamecock. As for the whole Prince thing i did originally say he was a soft commit and for that I am sorry but I do think he is coming to USC, from what i hear he's 80% USC 20% Terps."

Not making a "snide comment." You may prove to be the best "insider" ever, but I don't trust anybody's accuracy in predicting commitments except MAYBE the kid himself . . . and even then . . ..
Multiple people said we were trending very well for Prince at that time, when he got on campus he just didn't like it and we plummeted, it is what it is.

You are right, no one knows for sure, not even people whose livelihood rests on being right about this stuff. Everyone needs to lighten up on people and take predictions with a grain of salt. Nothing is over until signing day, if it winds someone up so much that they just HAVE to know INSIDER INFORMATION that is 100% accurate EVERY SINGLE TIME then please just stop clicking on "Proving Grounds" because you'll never find it.

Go have a beer or something.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #1375
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Multiple people said we were trending very well for Prince at that time, when he got on campus he just didn't like it and we plummeted, it is what it is.

You are right, no one knows for sure, not even people whose livelihood rests on being right about this stuff. Everyone needs to lighten up on people and take predictions with a grain of salt. Nothing is over until signing day, if it winds someone up so much that they just HAVE to know INSIDER INFORMATION that is 100% accurate EVERY SINGLE TIME then please just stop clicking on "Proving Grounds" because you'll never find it.

Go have a beer or something.
He made a comment about insider info saying Thronwell was going to transfer, had white text, but stuff like that kills your credibility
Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #1376
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't believe the guy has any real inside information. Seems like a lot of it is propoganda to me. Anyone can come on here and claim to have inside information. Most of those that do, are bogus clemson fans pretending to be someone who they are not.

PS: I never sent the guy any messages or commented about him before. All I did was block him.

Shaq Attack
Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #1377
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
He made a comment about insider info saying Thronwell was going to transfer, had white text, but stuff like that kills your credibility
This is what I'm talking about...what credibility and who really cares? How is this guys prediction any different than a reporter with 80% correct Crystal Ball predictions that most everyone links here multiple times a week? No one knows everything, sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong. I don't see nearly as much venom toward those who post recruits are going anywhere but here on every single thread, or the infamous "He'll never set foot on campus" when the guy has already visited.

But whatever, done discussing this. Wesley Green will be a Gamecock in my opinion and a great player for us. No insider information, just my opinion.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #1378
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
This is what I'm talking about...what credibility and who really cares? How is this guys prediction any different than a reporter with 80% correct Crystal Ball predictions that most everyone links here multiple times a week? No one knows everything, sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong. I don't see nearly as much venom toward those who post recruits are going anywhere but here on every single thread, or the infamous "He'll never set foot on campus" when the guy has already visited.

But whatever, done discussing this. Wesley Green will be a Gamecock in my opinion and a great player for us. No insider information, just my opinion.
Well I never said anything negative toward him. My point was why come on here make a comment like that and then expect people to take what you are posting serious?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #1379
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Out of the "inside sources" that I have seen on this board over the years, only about 10% were correct about what they said on a consistent basis and that 10% was wrong about quite a few things this year. So really, dont ever "believe" what you hear.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #1380
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

If on Wednesday we get LOIs from Green, Lammons, and whoever else you said we would get, I'll come back here and tell you good job. They may be Gamecocks now, but nothing is official until the coaches have an LOI from them.
Closed Thread