CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
Absfract
MWard
SwampFox
COCKYWOOD
Jim Lahey
Wilds & Carson B (2357)
Marquavius Lewis (2019)
So, why is next year (1927)
How Long Will The Re (1270)
Restaurant musts in (963)
Why do so many of yo (761)
Shot in the arm for (698)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (642)
Custom Jersey (279)
Abu Bowl Ready (188)
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
So, why is next year goin
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Custom Jersey
UF lets Durkin go
2015 Commitment - Dante S
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #1381
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Really? Nothing official til LOI sent? We did not know that. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #1382
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Wesley Green..There have been reports that Green will be on campus this weekend, but right now nothing has been confirmed by 247Sports. We continue to hear that South Carolina is the team that he will pick, so he does not end up in Athens it becomes more obvious of his pick

From Dawgs 24/7
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #1383
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
He mentions "messages," it wouldn't surprise me if some bozos on here bothered the guy's inbox prodding him about what he knows and calling him a fake if he refused to tell them about it. Whether he does or not, who cares. Some people pretending to be Sherlock Holmes feel the need to investigate message board posts as if they are on an episode of CSI while telling everyone they "expose" people from time to time. Gets pretty ridiculous.

It's the guy's opinion, it may be an informed or uninformed one but no one knows for sure. People who get paid for a living get this stuff wrong from time to time.
If that's the case, then that's B.S. obviously. All the recruiting stuff is guesswork anyways, patching together bits of interviews passed down 2nd hand, and at the end is an 17-18 year old who's perspective can change quickly. Perhaps that's why it's so fun to follow!

Regardless, there've been plenty of people who post from an "inside source" that so and so is coming, with no additional information. That stuff is easy to post and easy to deny, and I personally don't see it as actual information, but I'm not going to chase down anyone, demanding a source like some rabid reporter....that's ridiculous obviously.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #1384
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

I can't believe some of you are so blind as to what I'm talking about. Stop being butt hurt about a joke comment i said about a player who obviously loves playing for Frank Martin. You act like i dragged the joke out. Dear god just from the reactions i got from y'all i can tell it worried you lmao. I'm telling you now what i told you then and that Lammons and Green are gamecocks. There is no maybe this maybe that, it's going to happen and i can't wait for the light to come through already. I told everyone that wanted to hear what i had to say what i was told from somebody who works for the athletic department at USC. I not ONCE said that this information had to be followed up on, insulted, ridiculed, or even listened to. I just gave what most Gamecock fans would want to hear just like i would want to know if y'all knew something i didn't. Idc if I'm not a glorified poster and i don't meet your standards to be a reliable source. The friends i've made on this website know that my heart is in the right place when i gave the information i found out to you. So continue to blow up my inbox, continue to tell me to get the f*** off cockytalk and not to come back. I just wish i could see every one of the faces that tried to make me feel like s*** when these 2 kids commit. So on that note. Happy Friday cockytalk. God bless the gamecocks! *rant over*
Old 01-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #1385
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Overreact much? My point was when people make jokes like that people tend to not think highly of other comments or are willing to believe if you know things or not. I have no issues with you, nor am I as you classly put it "butt hurt" over your joke. I was only offering insight as to why some may not believe anything you post.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #1386
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
I can't believe some of you are so blind as to what I'm talking about. Stop being butt hurt about a joke comment i said about a player who obviously loves playing for Frank Martin. You act like i dragged the joke out. Dear god just from the reactions i got from y'all i can tell it worried you lmao. I'm telling you now what i told you then and that Lammons and Green are gamecocks. There is no maybe this maybe that, it's going to happen and i can't wait for the light to come through already. I told everyone that wanted to hear what i had to say what i was told from somebody who works for the athletic department at USC. I not ONCE said that this information had to be followed up on, insulted, ridiculed, or even listened to. I just gave what most Gamecock fans would want to hear just like i would want to know if y'all knew something i didn't. Idc if I'm not a glorified poster and i don't meet your standards to be a reliable source. The friends i've made on this website know that my heart is in the right place when i gave the information i found out to you. So continue to blow up my inbox, continue to tell me to get the f*** off cockytalk and not to come back. I just wish i could see every one of the faces that tried to make me feel like s*** when these 2 kids commit. So on that note. Happy Friday cockytalk. God bless the gamecocks! *rant over*
You call that a rant?!? I've seen worse...seriously man, thanks for your input! Some of us value informed posters. But hey if you're wrong, you're wrong. You wont be the first and won't be the last. If you're right, then we'll all be happy on NSD! Hope it's the latter.

Also, TBS is my primary source, and their staff feels really confident about our chances to land Green and Lammons. Between that and your posts, I'm good.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #1387
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Really? Nothing official til LOI sent? We did not know that. Thanks.
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Next time if you don't like my comment you can skip over it.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #1388
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

Talking about how insider info can be incorrect...my son had a class with Bruce Ellington last semester and they would play xbox online against each other and my son swore to me that Bruce said that he that he loved being in college and would not turn pro when the speculations first surfaced. Bruce had his degree and felt that even if he came back that his draft postion would not improve much. Other kids tell some people what they want to hear so I think that's where most of the differing opinions come from and let's face it, some teenagers change their minds quite often.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #1389
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Overreact much? My point was when people make jokes like that people tend to not think highly of other comments or are willing to believe if you know things or not. I have no issues with you, nor am I as you classly put it "butt hurt" over your joke. I was only offering insight as to why some may not believe anything you post.
Nah dude i wasn't aiming at you when I said that, i've just heard people bring it up constantly and quite frankly if you think it "dampers" my credibility then by all means ignore everything i say. I don't post on here to please everyone or try to start debates. I post simply to put in my insight and discuss with fellow fans. So if one bad joke ruins me, then i guess i shouldn't try stand up. (another bad joke) Anyway your insight is taken into consideration and i do thank you for it. But if people want to judge me off of one post then let em. Im not concerned with the people who ignore my posts, it's the people who feel the need to message me and tell me how wrong i am, and that i have no business stating things i don't know. All i have posted are things i do know (and one pretty bad joke apparently) and what i know is that a reliable source told me that lammons and green are a lock. So if he says it, I believe it, and to anyone else who listens to what i have to say and actually support me I appreciate the hospitality. Sorry I'm not a seasoned poster on cockytalk. I'll make sure to just start posting irrelevant information so my amount of posts become somewhat impressive enough to become "relevant". Thanks everyone. Hope we all get what we want on NSD
Old 01-31-2014, 04:06 PM   #1390
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugedatdude View Post
You call that a rant?!? I've seen worse...seriously man, thanks for your input! Some of us value informed posters. But hey if you're wrong, you're wrong. You wont be the first and won't be the last. If you're right, then we'll all be happy on NSD! Hope it's the latter.

Also, TBS is my primary source, and their staff feels really confident about our chances to land Green and Lammons. Between that and your posts, I'm good.
Haha my mom always said i was never good at rants. I appreciate that support man. I don't work for a recruiting blog, I'm actually in the Air Force. But when i hear reliable information I've always been one to listen to what has to be said. The confidence and moxy I've heard surrounding these 2 players has me left to believe nothing but good things left to come. So if I'm wrong like you said I'm wrong. But if i were still in kindergarden I would bet my whole box of animal cookies that I'm right! haha
Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #1391
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Haha my mom always said i was never good at rants. I appreciate that support man. I don't work for a recruiting blog, I'm actually in the Air Force. But when i hear reliable information I've always been one to listen to what has to be said. The confidence and moxy I've heard surrounding these 2 players has me left to believe nothing but good things left to come. So if I'm wrong like you said I'm wrong. But if i were still in kindergarden I would bet my whole box of animal cookies that I'm right! haha
We all certainly hope you're right. Only a few days away.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #1392
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Doesn't look like Wesley will make his UGay visit.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #1393
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Doesn't look like Wesley will make his UGay visit.
Yep, AJC reporting he has a family issue that may prevent him from attending...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #1394
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Yep, AJC reporting he has a family issue that may prevent him from attending...
does it say anything about taking an OV at a later time.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #1395
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Is there time? He wouldn't be able to talk to coaches next week due to dead period?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #1396
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
No, just says that he may try to get there on Sat or Sun depending on the severity of the family issue with his "auntie"

He's a gamecock.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:17 PM   #1397
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Is it NSD yet? Ready for this recruiting season to be over with.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #1398
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Is there time? He wouldn't be able to talk to coaches next week due to dead period?
McClain is taking his OV to us either the weekend after the NSD or the week after that. So why could Green do the same thing.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #1399
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talonscarolinamyke has developed his gaff and talons

Garnet black 215 I think the point is you need to skip the post of others instead of making childish comments. I have seen many on here indicate you must be very young by your immature post. I have to agree . People do not mind you making post, but just be more tactful.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #1400
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Garnet black 215 I think the point is you need to skip the post of others instead of making childish comments. I have seen many on here indicate you must be very young by your immature post. I have to agree . People do not mind you making post, but just be more tactful.
Childish comment? It's childish to point something out?

How are my posts immature? Because they don't pump sunshine?
Closed Thread