CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #81
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Drew Brees Screws Over Jimmy Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
So if Dylan gets knocked out of the CU game this year by multiple dirty hits then I don't want to hear any whining from you.

The officials will call it and there should be no outcry from the fans.

Got it.
As long as those hits are called as roughing the passer and if any of them are targeting fouls I expect them to be ejected, but other than that I don't see what the outcry would be over. If they cross the line they should be penalized or ejected depending on the severity. Anyway it's usually the Clemson fans crying after the game about stupid sh#t.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #82
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
So if Dylan gets knocked out of the CU game this year by multiple dirty hits then I don't want to hear any whining from you.

The officials will call it and there should be no outcry from the fans.

Got it.

If they are perfectly legal hits and he get's hurt it going to be hard to complain about it. If there are illegal hits, than yeah, that is something to complain about in itself whether it was intentional or not.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #83
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

That is the thing about football. You better have a #1 and a #2 at every position that can perform around the same level. If it was easy to determine if players meant to injure a player, their team should be forced to forfeit the game. It's tough as hell though, a player can do a legal hit and hurt another player.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #84
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If they are perfectly legal hits and he get's hurt it going to be hard to complain about it. If there are illegal hits, than yeah, that is something to complain about in itself whether it was intentional or not.
Well that's exactly what the Saints did to Farve.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #85
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
The bounty had nothing to do with late or illegal hits. The bounty was to hurt the guy.

Which they did to Farve.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #86
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Not even comparable since when Breez came in the meager it wasn't a pass happy league and the rules hadn't been changed to help the QB as much as it is now. He also had a HC who ran the ball more than the average team. Thanks for trying but you show your homerism.

Cam is the new Donovan Mcnabb. Has a great D winning games for his team, just so long as he doesn't screw it up. Yet when needed they won't make the play in the post season. All you need to know about Cam is that when he was told to center the ball to win the national championship, he tried to sneak the ball in and almost fumbled. He won't win.
Homerism? WTF did I ever say Cam would win a SB? I'm just saying no one can know for sure (except you of course).

So you had Brees pegged as a HOF SB winning QB when he got bench for Flutie in yr 3? Wow, you must be working for an NFL front office right now making the big bucks since your scouting is mind blowing.

Nice job comparing 2 black QBs. Very creative.

It's been argued that Cam is a more mobile Rothlisberger but I guess you didn't want to make that point b/c Ben has 2 rings.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #87
markp_vip
Starter

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well that's exactly what the Saints did to Farve.
The question is (IMO) were they trying to hurt him or trying to injure him. I think as a defensive player you should try and hurt your opponent on every play, trying to injure them is something else entirely and I don't approve of that. Now we could argue all day over whether they were trying to hurt Favre or Injure him, but I doubt we are ever going to agree on that. The fact of the matter is that the Saints had a game plan to neutralize Favre's impact on the game and it worked. Late in the game Favre was hearing the footsteps in his head and threw an ill advised pass that led to the Saints winning the game.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #88
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Which they did to Farve.
And players get hurt in football. It's a violent game. Would it make you feel better if there wasn't a bounty and the Saints players went out to hurt players simply because it is expected of them or just because it helps them win just like they do at every other team?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #89
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Not even comparable since when Breez came in the meager it wasn't a pass happy league and the rules hadn't been changed to help the QB as much as it is now. He also had a HC who ran the ball more than the average team. Thanks for trying but you show your homerism.

Cam is the new Donovan Mcnabb. Has a great D winning games for his team, just so long as he doesn't screw it up. Yet when needed they won't make the play in the post season. All you need to know about Cam is that when he was told to center the ball to win the national championship, he tried to sneak the ball in and almost fumbled. He won't win.

FYI-

Eagles D rating avg over the 01-04 run when they went to 4 NFC title games and 1 SB was 18th. One of those years they were the 3rd worst in the league. So.......
Old 01-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #90
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
And players get hurt in football. It's a violent game. Would it make you feel better if there wasn't a bounty and the Saints players went out to hurt players simply because it is expected of them or just because it helps them win just like they do at every other team?
Nope it wouldn't. It's just a dirty chicken shit way to play football.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #91
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Homerism? WTF did I ever say Cam would win a SB? I'm just saying no one can know for sure (except you of course).

So you had Brees pegged as a HOF SB winning QB when he got bench for Flutie in yr 3? Wow, you must be working for an NFL front office right now making the big bucks since your scouting is mind blowing.

Nice job comparing 2 black QBs. Very creative.

It's been argued that Cam is a more mobile Rothlisberger but I guess you didn't want to make that point b/c Ben has 2 rings.
All defenses TRY to injure the players. They aren't trying to end careers, but they want them injured enough to get the guy out of the game or at least play at less than 100% to make them other team wonder if they they have to take him out and put someone else in.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #92
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Nope it wouldn't. It's just a dirty chicken shit way to play football.
It's they way it's played. They're gladiators, get over it. Because they don't give a crud what you think. They care about winning and making money. It's a sport for mean cruel men with little care for who is their way.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #93
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
All defenses TRY to injure the players. They aren't trying to end careers, but they want them injured enough to get the guy out of the game or at least play at less than 100% to make them other team wonder if they they have to take him out and put someone else in.
Quote:
It's they way it's played. They're gladiators, get over it. Because they don't give a crud what you think. They care about winning and making money. It's a sport for mean cruel men with little care for who is their way.
You still don't get it. I know that defenses want to knock players out. I want my teams to knock starters out but I don't expect dirty hits to accomplish it.

I'm specifically pointing to the 09 NFC title game as a case where the Saints had multiple dirty hits on Farve in an effort to hurt him. You just don't see that type of stuff on a regular basis.

I cannot point to 1 playoff game this season where a team took multiple late and low hits on a QB. that 09 game was an outlier that one would think the bounty influenced.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #94
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Back to the subject -- a player is worth what teams will pay him. If Graham can find a team to label him wr and pay him more great, but you're worth what people are willing to pay for you.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #95
markp_vip
Starter

Male

Quote:
You still don't get it. I know that defenses want to knock players out. I want my teams to knock starters out but I don't expect dirty hits to accomplish it.

I'm specifically pointing to the 09 NFC title game as a case where the Saints had multiple dirty hits on Farve in an effort to hurt him. You just don't see that type of stuff on a regular basis.

I cannot point to 1 playoff game this season where a team took multiple late and low hits on a QB. that 09 game was an outlier that one would think the bounty influenced.
I really think that the treatment Favre received was more about a team wanting to go to the Super Bowl than players getting a couple extra bucks for knocking out Favre. As I said before it was no secret that the Saints D was coming after Favre. They all stated before the game that they intended on putting Favre on his ass every time they had a chance. Now if you want to take exception with the refs only calling one roughing the passer on them then ok, but I don't think bounties had anything to do with that game.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #96
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Back to the subject -- a player is worth what teams will pay him. If Graham can find a team to label him wr and pay him more great, but you're worth what people are willing to pay for you.

He can be paid anything a team is willing to pay him no matter what position he plays. The only reason this is an issue now is the "franchise Player" tag. New Orleans can make him their franchise player and he has to stay there and automatically receives the average of the top five at his position. The top five WR's average is much higher than the top five TE's average.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #97
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

You don't get it. Bounty has nothing to do with dirty hits. They don't want them making "dirty hits." They don't want their players getting penalized or suspended. They are trying to hurt him with LEGAL hits. Most of those "dirty hits" according to you were not even flagged.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #98
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
You don't get it. Bounty has nothing to do with dirty hits. They don't want them making "dirty hits." They don't want their players getting penalized or suspended. They are trying to hurt him with LEGAL hits. Most of those "dirty hits" according to you were not even flagged.
3 PF is not a lot?

How many playoff games this year had 3 PFs for hit on QB?

Last edited by gamecockphan; 01-31-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #99
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

I'm over it.

I get it-

You think it is okay to intentionally play outside of the rules with the intent to hurt an opposing player.

I think that you should play within the rules and if someone gets hurt then it is what it is.

We're not going to agree and I'm fine with that.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #100
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
3 PF is not a lot?

How many playoff games this year had 3 PFs for hit on QB?
They were all boarderline or they didn't realize he didn't have the ball because of good play action. And when you hand the ball off to a guy, you become a blocker if you are in the way.