CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
usc1
Sunday college footb (511)
Ole Miss Projected R (510)
Early Pre-Season wom (498)
So who was the dude (488)
Kentucky Inmate Star (462)
Acock reviews the SE (457)
Get the SEC Network (433)
Tennessee hires Donn (426)
2001 vs Sandstorm (324)
Does anyone have a l (255)
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Name a Gamecock
2001 vs Sandstorm
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou
Does anyone have a link t
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It

Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #101
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Drew Brees Screws Over Jimmy Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I'm over it.

I get it-

You think it is okay to intentionally play outside of the rules with the intent to hurt an opposing player.

I think that you should play within the rules and if someone gets hurt then it is what it is.

We're not going to agree and I'm fine with that.
They are NOT intentionally trying to play outside the rules. Get it through your head. They don't want the penalties. That doesn't mean they don't happen.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #102
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Homerism? WTF did I ever say Cam would win a SB? I'm just saying no one can know for sure (except you of course).

So you had Brees pegged as a HOF SB winning QB when he got bench for Flutie in yr 3? Wow, you must be working for an NFL front office right now making the big bucks since your scouting is mind blowing.

Nice job comparing 2 black QBs. Very creative.

It's been argued that Cam is a more mobile Rothlisberger but I guess you didn't want to make that point b/c Ben has 2 rings.
I used Mcnabb because Rothlisburger is actually clutch in big games and made game winning plays in the playoffs. Something Mcnabb and Cam haven't done, nothing to do with race. It really didn't cross my mind but good to see that's all you look at.

People could see Drew Breez was a great QB while at San Diego, and if not for his injury, he'd probably still be there. Also if he hadn't been injured he'd have gone a bigger pay day sooner. You keep thinking Cam will have some great career but eventually reality will set in.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #103
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
FYI-

Eagles D rating avg over the 01-04 run when they went to 4 NFC title games and 1 SB was 18th. One of those years they were the 3rd worst in the league. So.......
I don't know what rankings you found but obviously are inaccurate since those eagles teams D were considered one of the best at those times.

Here is a quick example of why those D were so great.

Quote:
The 2001 Eagles defense might have been better overall. At a time when teams averaged 20.2 points per game, those Eagles never allowed more than 21 points in a game all season -- not once. They had one 10-game stretch of that season where they were below that 20.2 average every week -- 9, 20, 7, 17, 3, 13, 10, 14, 6 and 13. Just stunning.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...DrUZ9qhJBbR.99
If you go to the NFL website the 2002 D was 2nd in total points, which is all that matters. 2003 D was 7th and 2004 was tied for 2nd. Those sound like pretty impressive defenses.

Might want to rethink your argument.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #104
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I don't know what rankings you found but obviously are inaccurate since those eagles teams D were considered one of the best at those times.

Here is a quick example of why those D were so great.

If you go to the NFL website the 2002 D was 2nd in total points, which is all that matters. 2003 D was 7th and 2004 was tied for 2nd. Those sound like pretty impressive defenses.

Might want to rethink your argument.
NFL.com is where I got the stats. Overall defense yards category ( which is still the stat used to determine top ranked D). 7th was their best year 29th was their worst. The rest were in the middle for an average of 18. Numbers are correct.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #105
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I used Mcnabb because Rothlisburger is actually clutch in big games and made game winning plays in the playoffs. Something Mcnabb and Cam haven't done, nothing to do with race. It really didn't cross my mind but good to see that's all you look at.

People could see Drew Breez was a great QB while at San Diego, and if not for his injury, he'd probably still be there. Also if he hadn't been injured he'd have gone a bigger pay day sooner. You keep thinking Cam will have some great career but eventually reality will set in.
Your blind hatred is getting in the way.

I'm not saying cam will win an SB but you can't make that jump based off his 1st 3 yrs. just like no one would have looked at Brees' 1st 3 yrs and said "yep that guy is a lock to win a SB"

So your position is that you knew Brees was good when he got benched in year 3 but Cam wins 12 games and makes the pro bowl and you know he won't win an SB.

Air tight logic there. Tell me more.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #106
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They are NOT intentionally trying to play outside the rules. Get it through your head. They don't want the penalties. That doesn't mean they don't happen.

Bounty on Smitty, Harper tries to collect but gets his ass kicked.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #107
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:

Cam hasn't done anything? He led comeback drives against both the 49ers, Patriots, and Saints all three playoff teams. If you actually watched Cam's first two seasons he had zero defense, the defense blew leads almost every week, this season was the first one with a real defense. Cam has rewritten the record book as a rookie and still continues to improve but you do not even give him credit for what he has done. Good job Ron Morris.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #108
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post

Bounty on Smitty, Harper tries to collect but gets his ass kicked.
That has nothing to do with a bounty. You don't need a bounty to be a thug or an idiot.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #109
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Cam hasn't done anything? He led comeback drives against both the 49ers, Patriots, and Saints all three playoff teams.
Don't try to reason with that guy. His blind hatred for cam will not let him see that Cam has the potential to be a top flight QB.

However- Brees' less than stellar early career was a clear indicator he was bound for greatness.

Make sense right?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #110
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
That has nothing to do with a bounty. You don't need a bounty to be a thug or an idiot.
I can agree with that. The Saints are just pieces of shit.

Glad we agree on something.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #111
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Don't try to reason with that guy. His blind hatred for cam will not let him see that Cam has the potential to be a top flight QB.

However- Brees' less than stellar early career was a clear indicator he was bound for greatness.

Make sense right?
I think Brees is a POS but he is a very good QB inside of a DOME, if I remember correctly Brees as a Saint NEVER won a road playoff game.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #112
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
I can agree with this but Smitty was a top target for the Saints and after that season it was proven that Bountygate actually existed.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #113
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think Brees is a POS but he is a very good QB inside of a DOME, if I remember correctly Brees as a Saint NEVER won a road playoff game.
Sorry beat Philly in Philly this year. True up until then.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #114
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I can agree with this but Smitty was a top target for the Saints and after that season it was proven that Bountygate actually existed.
If I remember I am pretty sure that there was something in the bounty that said that if you got dumb penalty you didn't get to collect.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #115
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Sorry beat Philly in Philly this year. True up until then.
But lost to Rams in a dome. They were just a bad road team in '13 which is an outlier bc they normally have a good road record.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #116
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

SSO you're not good at debating.

Phan uses solid points. SSO doesn't.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:19 PM   #117
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
SSO you're not good at debating.

Phan uses solid points. SSO doesn't.
That's your opinion, must be that Wall Street insight.....
Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #118
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
That's your opinion, must be that Wall Street insight.....
Well you started the thread with a great post.

Keep going, this is pure gold.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #119
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
NFL.com is where I got the stats. Overall defense yards category ( which is still the stat used to determine top ranked D). 7th was their best year 29th was their worst. The rest were in the middle for an average of 18. Numbers are correct.
Total yards is a worthless stat. It's about how many points your giving up as a D.

I never said I thought for sure Breez would win a SB right when he was in the leave but you could see he was going to be good. Cam was a game manager this year. They beat the niners with 10 points, that's the ad winning it not Cam. In the playoffs where was Cam? The D kept them in it but the O never did anything.

You can call me a Cam hater but I'm just pointing out the truth and the Panthers homers on here can't handle.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #120
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Total yards is a worthless stat. It's about how many points your giving up as a D.

I never said I thought for sure Breez would win a SB right when he was in the leave but you could see he was going to be good. Cam was a game manager this year. They beat the niners with 10 points, that's the ad winning it not Cam. In the playoffs where was Cam? The D kept them in it but the O never did anything.

You can call me a Cam hater but I'm just pointing out the truth and the Panthers homers on here can't handle.
DVOA is a better indicator. 2 yrs elite (1 and 4) 2 yrs middle of the road (16 and 17). So he benefited in 2 yrs from good d but in SB yr had below avg D. So....

So Cam will never improve? Yet Brees with less physical tools than Cam who was worse than a game manager and was so bad that he was benched was able to improve?

Also- Wilson is a game manager and he's in the SB.